Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Equal Pay Amendment 'Harmful' to Mississippi Workers, Advocates SayEqual-pay advocates say that an amendment the Mississippi House of Representatives passed to guarantee that women are paid as much as men is actually harmful because it exempts many employees from the protection.
- Luke ReynoldsThe start of the 2018 college baseball season was a long wait for Luke Reynolds. The current University of Southern Mississippi third-baseman hadn't played in a college game in two years.
- JPD Investigating Officer-Involved ShootingTwo unnamed male officers with the Jackson Police Department came into contact with two men at the 1300 block of Deer Park Street at about 3 p.m. Wednesday. A narcotics investigation resulted in an alleged shootout between officers and a ...
- Elizabeth Fowler: An Artist's JourneyElizabeth Fowler, a Noxubee County native, says she liked the idea of art when she was a kid, but wasn't good at representational drawing.
- REVIEW: Wake up to Heart SocietyIf musicians Teneia Sanders-Eichelberger and Ben Eichelberger have proved only one thing over the course of their careers, it is that they are adaptable. On "Wake the Queens," their debut EP as Heart Society, the Jackson-based husband-and-wife duo has ventured ...
Latest Wire Stories
- Mississippi Gives Tax Break to Hotel Tied to Trump CompanyMississippi has granted a tax break worth just over $6 million to a hotel developer affiliated with the Trump Organization.
- Oversight Committee Wants to Look at Pruitt's Travel RecordsA Republican-led congressional committee is demanding records related to premium-class flights taken by Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt.
- Sen. Rubio Says He Would Support Raising Age to Buy RiflesOn the defensive after the Florida school shooting rampage that killed 17, GOP Sen. Marco Rubio, an ardent gun-rights advocate, said he would support raising the age to buy rifles and other restrictions.
- Pennsylvania Congressional Map Battle Lands in Supreme CourtA request by Republican leaders in the Pennsylvania Legislature to stop a new congressional map from being implemented is now in the hands of the nation's highest court.
- Trump Endorses Raising Minimum Age to 21 for More WeaponsPresident Donald Trump endorsed stricter gun-control measures Thursday, including raising the minimum age to 21 for possessing a broader range of weapons than at present.
- Feb. 22, 2018 - Thursday
- Feb. 23, 2018 - Friday
- Feb. 24, 2018 - Saturday
- Feb. 25, 2018 - Sunday
- Feb. 26, 2018 - Monday
- Feb. 27, 2018 - Tuesday
- Feb. 28, 2018 - Wednesday