Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Governor Picks Legislators to Represent #msleg at InaugurationGov. Phil Bryant selected Sen. Joey Fillingane, R-Sumrall, and Rep. Andy Gipson, R-Braxton, to represent the Mississippi Senate and House of Representatives at President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday in Washington, D.C.
- 10 Local Stories of the WeekThere's never a slow news week in Jackson, Miss., and last week was no exception. Here are the local stories JFP reporters brought you in case you missed them.
- From Jackson to Biloxi to the Delta, Mississippi Celebrates Dr. King's Birthday, National Day of Healing, Racial Unity Participate in Mississippi events and activities related to Dr. King's birthday, the National Day of Healing and responses to the inauguration of Donald Trump.
- Carlos Moore to Sue on Behalf of Teen Killed Outside Performance OilCarlos Moore, a Grenada, Miss., attorney known for trying to sue the State of Mississippi over the Confederate canton in the state flag, said on Facebook today that he will represent the family of 17-year-old Charles McDonald who was shot ...
- AG Hood: State Must Fund Mental Health Care, Not Ignore LawsuitAttorney General Jim Hood is calling on the Legislature to increase funding for the Mississippi Department of Mental Health as a part of his legislative priorities this session.
Latest Wire Stories
- Martin Luther King Jr.As Americans celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights leaders and activists are trying to reconcile the transition from the nation's first black president to a president-elect still struggling to connect with most non-white voters.
- Analysis: Tax Cuts and Economy Weigh on Mississippi RevenuesAs Gov. Phil Bryant cut state budgets by $51 million last week, he and Republican lawmakers went through the ritual obligations of sorrow and dismay.
- Inauguration in Sight, Trump Continues Twitter AssaultHis inauguration days away, President-elect Donald Trump is continuing to lash out at critics in the intelligence community and Democrats in Congress who are vowing to skip his swearing-in ceremony.
- EU Nations React with Surprise, Defiance to Trump RemarksEuropean Union nations reacted with surprise and defiance Monday to comments by President-elect Donald Trump, who said in an interview that he believed NATO was "obsolete" and that more member states would leave the 28-nation EU.
- China State Media Call Trump's Taiwan Strategy 'Despicable'President-elect Donald Trump "speaks like a rookie," China's state-run media said Monday, describing his suggested use of America's position on Taiwan as a bargaining chip as "despicable."
- Jan. 16, 2017 - Monday
- Jan. 17, 2017 - Tuesday
- Jan. 18, 2017 - Wednesday
- Jan. 19, 2017 - Thursday
- Jan. 20, 2017 - Friday
- Jan. 21, 2017 - Saturday
- Jan. 22, 2017 - Sunday