Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Workforce Training Cafe Coming to Former Koinonia Coffee House in 2019The former Koinonia Coffee House was full on the morning of Friday, May 25, as community members attended the weekly Friday Forum where Jordan Butler, project leader for Refill Cafe, presented about the initiative
- Spacewolf & the DIY EthosIt's a simple mathematic principle: Three comes after two. It doesn't exactly tell you when, though. For Spacewolf, the "when" was about five years later.
- USM Cancer Foundation Board, New Tuition Structures at MUW, and Belhaven Professor in Top 50 Under 40On May 17, the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning Board of Trustees approved three new tuition structures for Mississippi University for Women.
- Adrianna LatriceWhen Adrianna Latrice was 15, God spoke to her, she says, and told her that one day she would write a book that would include some of her personal experiences. But she rejected the idea.
- City Announces Programs to Decrease Youth Crimes; More Youth Summer Programs and PoolsAt a press conference on Tuesday, May 22, Mayor Chowke Antar Lumumba announced programs to try to help decrease youth crime, including summer programs and new policing methods.
Latest Wire Stories
- Judge to Decide Who Will Seek Victim Repayment in FraudU.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves heard arguments Friday from Mississippi's secretary of state and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on plans to hire a receiver. Records show Reeves plans to rule later.
- Two Hurt in Indiana Middle School Shooting; Suspect DetainedSomeone opened fire at a suburban Indianapolis middle school Friday morning, injuring an adult and a child before being taken into custody, authorities said.
- Mississippi Judge Won't Order Governor to Reopen BridgesA Mississippi judge says he will not order the governor to reopen local bridges that are in poor condition.
- Officials: Weinstein to Surrender in Sexual Misconduct ProbeHollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein is expected to surrender to authorities Friday to face charges involving at least one of the women who have accused him of sexual assault, two law enforcement officials told The Associated Press.
- Morgan Freeman Apologizes in Wake of Harassment AccusationsOscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman apologized on Thursday to anyone who may have felt "uncomfortable or disrespected" by his behavior, after CNN reported that multiple women have accused the A-list actor of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior on movie sets and ...
- May 25, 2018 - Friday
- May 26, 2018 - Saturday
- May 27, 2018 - Sunday
- May 28, 2018 - Monday
- May 29, 2018 - Tuesday
- May 30, 2018 - Wednesday
- May 31, 2018 - Thursday