Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Gov. Bryant Signs 'Back the Badge,' Increased Penalties BillsSurrounded by law enforcement officers, emergency personnel and first responders, Gov. Phil Bryant signed the "Back the Badge Act," which adds law-enforcement officials, firefighters and emergency personnel as protected classes under Mississippi's hate-crime laws.
- Veteran Democratic Lawmaker Diagnosed with Dementia, Plans to RetireHouse Speaker Philip Gunn directed all members to their seats this morning, as Rep. Steve Holland, D-Plantersville, took the podium for a point of personal privilege.
- 'Big, Black or Boy' Preschoolers Face Higher Expulsions and SuspensionsImplicit bias starts early in education—really early. New research shows that boys, black children and especially black boys are more likely to be expelled or suspended from early education program than their peers who commit similar offenses.
- 18 Artists Inducted into Mississippi Arts and Experience Hall of FameMississippi's top political leaders announced the induction of 18 artists into the inaugural Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Hall of Fame class at the Capitol this morning.
- Dwight ClarkThere may not have been any NFL game in the 1980s more important than the 1982 NFC Championship Game. The game was a turning point in the fortunes of both the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers.
Latest Wire Stories
- UPDATED: Trump, GOP Leaders Pull Health Care Bill in Humiliating LossRepublican leaders have abruptly pulled their troubled health care overhaul bill off the House floor, short of votes and eager to avoid a humiliating defeat for President Donald Trump and GOP leaders.
- Cynthia Kaiser FergusonThirty years ago, Natchez native Cynthia "Tia" Kaiser Ferguson sat through a freshman engineering course at Tulane University listening intently to the success stories from school alumni, including one graduate who had developed and designed a mechanical shrimp peeler. The ...
- Mississippi Governor Joins Others in Backing GOP Health PlanMississippi Gov. Phil Bryant has joined seven other Republican governors in a letter endorsing the GOP plan to repeal and replace former President Barack Obama's health care law.
- Hood Deposits $34M, Lobbies for Mental Health SpendingAs budget writers try to stretch Mississippi's cash to cover its needs, Attorney General Jim Hood is chipping in $34.4 million.
- House Steers Toward Climactic Vote on GOP Health Care BillThe House steered toward a climactic vote Friday on the Republican health care overhaul, plunging ahead despite uncertainty over whether they had the votes to prevail in what loomed as a monumental gamble for President Donald Trump and his GOP ...
- March 23, 2017 - Thursday
- March 24, 2017 - Friday
- March 25, 2017 - Saturday
- March 26, 2017 - Sunday
- March 27, 2017 - Monday
- March 28, 2017 - Tuesday
- March 29, 2017 - Wednesday