Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Children Graduate from JPD Citizens' AcademyMore than 20 children between the ages of 7 and 12 graduated from the Jackson Youth Citizen's Police Academy on Friday, July 13.
- Frontier Airlines Coming to Jackson, Direct Flights to Denver, OrlandoFrontier, the budget airline that promises to bring its customers "Low Fares Done Right," descended upon Jackson today to announce direct flights to Denver and Orlando. It will begin in October but tickets are available for purchase right away.
- 10 Local Stories of the WeekThere's never a slow news week in Jackson, Miss., and last week was no exception. Here are the local stories JFP reporters brought you in case you missed them.
- Black Votes Not as Strong as White Ones in Legislative District, Lawsuit SaysAfrican American votes do not hold the same weight as white votes in Mississippi's 22nd District, a new lawsuit alleges. State Senate District 22 includes part of Cleveland, Yazoo City, Madison and Canton.
- JSU Substance Prevention Grant, Eaglepalooza in Hattiesburg and MSU Rural Physicians ScholarshipsMississippi State University presented $30,000 scholarships to six current students and three graduates on Thursday, July 12, as part of the Mississippi Rural Physicians Scholarship Program.
Latest Wire Stories
- Judge Temporarily Halts Deportation of Reunified FamiliesA federal judge on Monday ordered a temporary halt to any deportations of reunited families who were separated by the Trump administration after crossing the southwest border.
- Emmett TillA 2017 book that revealed lies by a key figure in the Emmett Till case has prompted the U.S government to renew its investigation into the brutal 1955 slaying, a federal official said recently.
- With Flags, Song, Pride, French Celebrate Unifying VictoryFrance's 4-2 win over Croatia in the World Cup final in Moscow on Sunday marked the second time in 20 years that France has won the World Cup, and came at a time when the people feel needy.
- Mississippi Updating Voter Registration Deadline for RunoffsMississippi is updating a voter registration deadline to meet a requirement of a 1993 federal law.
- Trump: Relations With May 'Strong' After Bombshell InterviewIn a fresh bout of diplomatic whiplash, President Donald Trump denied Friday he had criticized Prime Minister Theresa May and declared the U.S.-U.K. relationship "the highest level of special"—not long after lobbing thunderous broadsides against her.
- July 16, 2018 - Monday
- July 17, 2018 - Tuesday
- July 18, 2018 - Wednesday
- July 19, 2018 - Thursday
- July 20, 2018 - Friday
- July 21, 2018 - Saturday
- July 22, 2018 - Sunday