Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Poll: Lumumba Leads in Mayor's Race; Graham, Horhn Battle for Second PositionA newly released poll conducted by Millsaps College and Chism Strategies reveals a highly competitive mayoral race. Jackson voters head to the polls on Tuesday, May 2 for the Democratic primary election to determine which of the leading candidates advances ...
- Gambling in Mississippi: State in Top 5 for Addiction, First for Related ArrestsMississippi sees the most gambling-related arrests and is in the top five states in the country for gambling addiction, a recent study from WalletHub found.
- JFP Q&A: Ward 6 Candidate Ernest E. Slaughter, Sr. (Democrat)Ernest E. Slaughter, Sr., 50, is running for the open Ward 6 city council seat in 2017.
- Working Families Party Endorses Lumumba for Mayor, Calling Him 'Inspiring'A national group that supports raising the minimum wage, increasing public-school funding and reforming policing practices endorsed Chokwe Antar Lumumba today for Jackson mayor, calling him "inspiring."
- Alexis SilkwoodPerforming at a high level in college sports is no easy task. It is even harder knowing that, at the same time, your future in the sport is in the balance.
Latest Wire Stories
- Jackson State to Award Degrees to Nearly 1,000 StudentsCBS News correspondent DeMarco Morgan and former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Mike Espy will speak to Jackson State University graduates.
- Mississippi Justices Uphold Contempt Sanction Against LawyerThe Mississippi Supreme Court says a lower court judge acted correctly last year when the judge ruled that a lawyer was in criminal contempt of court.
- Questions as Mississippi Seeks to Tax Online Lodging RentalsMississippi's tax collector wants to make sure people renting rooms or vacation properties online pay sales and lodging taxes.
- Trump Says US Won't Leave NAFTA, for NowPresident Donald Trump said he has told the leaders of Mexico and Canada that he will not pull out of the North American Free Trade Agreement at this time, but could still withdraw if he concludes a renegotiated pact is ...
- Mississippi Gov Has Not Set Full Agenda for Special SessionA spokesman says Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant has not completed the agenda for a special legislative session, but the top issue will be finishing the budget.
- April 28, 2017 - Friday
- April 29, 2017 - Saturday
- April 30, 2017 - Sunday
- May 1, 2017 - Monday
- May 2, 2017 - Tuesday
- May 3, 2017 - Wednesday