Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- JFP Questions Destruction of Public Records by Hinds County Board of SupervisorsThe Jackson Free Press is asking the Hinds County Board of Supervisors to delay its unanimous vote yesterday to dispose of documents relating to its former administrations as well as former County Administrator's files from 1984 to 2007.
- Jeb Bush Headlining Big-Money Lunch for Reeves After Voucher, Charter VictoriesFormer Florida Gov. Jeb Bush plans to travel to Belden, Miss., next month to help raise money for the state's Republican nominee for governor, Tate Reeves, at a high-dollar luncheon.
- The Millennium TemptationsThe city council honored the Millennium Temptations with a resolution for enriching community through music of reflection at the Aug. 20 city council meeting.
- Court: No Voters' Right to Govern Airport, OK to Hide CommunicationsCapital-city residents do not have the right to govern the Jackson Medgar-Evers Wiley Airport or subpoena records from Mississippi legislators who voted to take over control of the facility, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled late last month.
- PARK(ing) Day, Creative IMPACT Luncheon, Madison IMAX, MANP GrantThe City of Jackson will host PARK(ing) Day, a national event to bring together businesses and residents to transform metered parking spaces into temporary park installations for one day, on Friday, Sept. 20.
Latest Wire Stories
- Mississippi Governor Candidates Agree on 1 Debate DateSecond-term Republican Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves and fourth-term Democratic Attorney General Jim Hood say they have accepted multiple invitations for televised debates, but have agreed on only one date—Oct. 10 at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg.
- Mississippi Officials Find Spiked CBD Sold in the StateConcerned about illegal drugs, Mississippi authorities took an interest in vape shops and gas stations selling products including the cannabis extract CBD.
- Dem Presidential Candidates Call for Kavanaugh's ImpeachmentSeveral Democratic presidential candidates have lined up to call for the impeachment of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in the face of a new, uninvestigated allegation of sexual impropriety when he was in college.
- Auditor Calls to Abolish Blues Commission, Cites MisspendingMississippi's state auditor says accounting and contracting problems at the state's Blues Commission are so severe that the commission should be abolished and its responsibilities handed to the nonprofit Mississippi Blues Foundation.Mississippi's state auditor says accounting and contracting problems at ...
- Mississippi Lottery Corp. Chooses Ad and Marketing FirmThe Mississippi Lottery Corp. has chosen a Jackson-based firm to handle advertising and marketing. Maris West and Baker is receiving a three-year contract that includes creating and buying ads for the lottery, which is on track to start selling tickets ...
- September 16, 2019 - Monday
- September 17, 2019 - Tuesday
- September 18, 2019 - Wednesday
- September 19, 2019 - Thursday
- September 20, 2019 - Friday
- September 21, 2019 - Saturday
- September 22, 2019 - Sunday