Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Zoo Faces Uncertain City Funding, Could RelocateThe Jackson Zoo is asking for donations in wake of its financial crisis due to budget cuts that surfaced almost a month ago.
- Mississippi Blues Marathon, Beckham Custom Jewelry and New Venture ChallengeMississippi Blues Marathon director John Noblin announced Monday, Sept. 18, that Continental Tire the Americas has signed on to serve as the presenting sponsor for the 11th annual race in Jackson on Jan. 27, 2018.
- Earnest LeeEarnest Lee, superintendent of the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman, retired on Sept. 15.
- 35 New U.S. Citizens from 23 Countries Take Oath at Jackson Middle SchoolIn honor of Constitution Day, Sept. 17, as well as the anniversary of federal courts this month, U.S. District Courts around the country hosted naturalization ceremonies in schools.
- JSU Getting New Band Director, Career Closet, Food Bank, Recycling; Walking Path Coming for MUWDeborah Bynum, wife of Jackson State University President William Bynum Jr., recently announced a series of programs that she plans to implement to help JSU students.
Latest Wire Stories
- At UN, Trump Threatens 'Total Destruction' of North KoreaPresident Donald Trump, in a combative debut speech to the U.N. General Assembly, threated the "total destruction'" of North Korea if it does not abandon its drive toward nuclear weapons.
- Protesters Make Good on Threat to Disrupt St. Louis BusinessWhen a former police officer was acquitted in the fatal shooting of a black suspect, protesters vowed to show their disdain by disrupting business in downtown St. Louis. They quickly succeeded.
- Hurricane Maria Grows, Threatens Storm-Battered CaribbeanHurricane Maria grew into a Category 3 storm on Monday as it barreled toward a potentially devastating collision with islands in the eastern Caribbean. Forecasters warned it was likely to grow even stronger.
- Senate GOP Musters Final Push to Erase Obama Health Care LawSenate Republicans are revving up a final push to scuttle President Barack Obama's health care law. Though the effort faces low odds of success and just a two-week window to prevail, Democrats backed by doctors, hospitals, and patients' groups are ...
- Dan MullenMississippi State coach Dan Mullen—now in his ninth season—is used to the gauntlet the SEC provides on a yearly basis.
- Sept. 18, 2017 - Monday
- Sept. 19, 2017 - Tuesday
- Sept. 20, 2017 - Wednesday
- Sept. 21, 2017 - Thursday
- Sept. 22, 2017 - Friday
- Sept. 23, 2017 - Saturday
- Sept. 24, 2017 - Sunday