Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Minor Sex Trafficking Sting Nets 28 Arrests, But No ChildrenIn a national sting operation aimed at recovering children exploited into sex trafficking, the Jackson division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation made 28 arrests—but found no children.
- JPD Seeking Kidnapper; No Homicides; Low Crime for State Fair, JSU GameThe Jackson Police Department is on the lookout for a man accused of kidnapping and holding a 19-year-old woman hostage for two days.
- Benardrick McKinneyA native son of our state and a former Mississippi State University player, Houston Texans linebacker Benardrick McKinney is blossoming into a star on the defensive side of the ball.
- Judge Blocks Planned Parenthood Medicaid Reimbursements LawA federal judge has enjoined a Mississippi state law that prevented the Division of Medicaid from reimbursing the state’s Planned Parenthood clinic and the only abortion clinic for offering birth control and cancer screenings for women in the state.
- Frankye Adams-JohnsonAs October marks the 50th anniversary of the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, Jacksonians are celebrating one of their own, former Veterans of the Mississippi Civil Rights Movement Chairperson Frankye "Malika" Adams-Johnson, who served with the party in New York ...
Latest Wire Stories
- Trial Delayed for Man Accused of Bribing Former Prison Chief The trial of a physician accused of bribing Mississippi's former corrections commissioner has been delayed until February.
- Trustees: Jackson State Must Act Now to Stanch Cash DrainCollege Board officials are intervening in Jackson State University's finances, saying the 10,000-student university's cash reserves have been spent down to a dangerously low point.
- Trump on Clinton: 'Such a Nasty Woman' Donald Trump asserted in the final presidential debate that no one respects women more than he does. Yet in its closing moments, standing onstage with the first major-party female presidential nominee in U.S. history, he called Hillary Clinton "such a ...
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump, Clinton and Their Debate Claims Donald Trump painted an inaccurately dark portrait of manufacturing in America while Hillary Clinton stretched credulity in boasting that her spending plans won't add to the country's debt. As well, both struggled in the presidential final debate to explain comments ...
- Trump Refuses to Say if He'll Accept Election Results Threatening to upend a fundamental pillar of American democracy, Donald Trump refused to say in the final debate that he will accept the results of next month's election if he loses to Hillary Clinton. The Democratic nominee declared Trump's resistance ...
- Oct. 21, 2016 - Friday
- Oct. 22, 2016 - Saturday
- Oct. 23, 2016 - Sunday
- Oct. 24, 2016 - Monday
- Oct. 25, 2016 - Tuesday
- Oct. 26, 2016 - Wednesday
- Oct. 27, 2016 - Thursday