Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Mississippi High Court Undercuts MAEP: School Formula Is Not a MandateThe state's highest court says the Legislature does not have to fully fund the Mississippi Adequate Education Program, ruling against 21 public-school districts that sued the state for underfunding MAEP from 2010 to 2015.
- Hunter EvansWhile the competitive atmosphere of the restaurant scene in New York City may intimidate some, Lou's Full-Serv Chef de Cuisine Hunter Evans did not shy away from it.
- 10 Local Stories of the WeekThere's never a slow news week in Jackson, Miss., and last week was no exception. Here are the local stories JFP reporters brought you in case you missed them.
- Governor to Court: State Flag Doesn't Violate Rights as Marriage Bans DidOffending black citizens is not enough to block the Mississippi flag, attorneys for Gov. Phil Bryant argued to the U.S. Supreme Court this week; they must instead show that the flag caused discrimination in order for a court to declare ...
- "A Place for All People" at JSU, Tougaloo NASA Research and "Intersections of Gender and Place" at MUWMississippi University for Women is hosting "Intersections of Gender and Place," an art exhibition that focuses on women artists in the South whose work relates to gender issues and southern culture.
Latest Wire Stories
- NAACP Names New Leader for More Active FutureThe NAACP turned to an insider Saturday to help bring the nation's oldest civil rights organization back to prominence.
- Politics on Display as Letterman Receives Mark Twain PrizeDavid Letterman was never known as a particularly political comedian, preferring a detached irony-drenched tone that favored the surreal and silly over topical humor. But there was an unmistakable political tint to much of Sunday night's ceremony to present Letterman ...
- Senate Presses Ahead on $36.5B Disaster Relief PackageThe Senate is pushing ahead on a $36.5 billion hurricane relief package that would give Puerto Rico a much-needed infusion of cash.
- About Two Dozen NFL Players Protested During Anthems SundayDays after the NFL declined to change its rule on the national anthem, about two dozen players protested around the league Sunday.
- Trump Voting Commission Criticized for Lack of TransparencyPresident Donald Trump's advisory commission on election integrity has integrity questions of its own—with some of its own members raising concerns about its openness.
- Oct. 23, 2017 - Monday
- Oct. 24, 2017 - Tuesday
- Oct. 25, 2017 - Wednesday
- Oct. 26, 2017 - Thursday
- Oct. 27, 2017 - Friday
- Oct. 28, 2017 - Saturday
- Oct. 29, 2017 - Sunday