Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Trump to Campaign with Hyde-Smith in North MississippiThe Cindy Hyde-Smith for U.S. Senate campaign announced on Tuesday that President Donald Trump will join her for a rally in north Mississippi on Oct. 2.
- Lumumba Signs Water and Sewer Customer ‘Bill of Rights’ Ahead of ShutoffsAhead of water shutoffs to non-paying customers, Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba signed an executive order Monday, Sept. 24, officiating a “Bill of Rights” to those who pay for water and sewer in the City of Jackson.
- Oxford Film Festival Grants, Schwartz “Buddy Bear” Campaign, and “Broadway in Jackson” and “Jackson Live!” The Oxford Film Festival is offering a new grant to filmmakers, Schwartz & Associates is launching a “Buddy Bear” campaign, and “Broadway in Jackson” and “Jackson Live!” are coming back to Thalia Mara Hall.
- Bob ZellnerThe cinematic story of the son of a Klansman becoming a leading student figure in the Civil Rights Movement is moving ahead, with filming planned in Alabama.
- Get Creative in JacksonLately, many arts events have popped up in the Jackson metro area.
Latest Wire Stories
- The Latest: Cosby Gets Three to 10 years for 2004 Sexual AssaultBill Cosby has been sentenced to three to 10 years in state prison for drugging and molesting a woman at his suburban Philadelphia home.
- Mississippi Cooperatives to Buy Power from Delta Solar FarmA British company says it will build a solar farm in the Mississippi Delta with plans to sell electricity to Mississippi cooperatives.
- New Accusation Rocks Kavanaugh Nomination; Trump Stands FirmPresident Donald Trump staunchly defended his embattled Supreme Court nominee against a new allegation of sexual misconduct Monday, calling the accusations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh "totally political."
- Mississippi Casino Revenue Rises as Sports Betting BeginsOverall casino revenue rose sharply in Mississippi in August with the start of sports betting in the state. State revenue department figures released Thursday show gamblers lost $181 million statewide in August, up 8 percent from $168 million in August ...
- Chris McDaniel: Allegations Against Kavanaugh 'Made Up'A Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Mississippi says a sexual misconduct allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh is a "made-up" scandal as the left tries to derail the nomination of a conservative.
- Sept. 25, 2018 - Tuesday
- Sept. 26, 2018 - Wednesday
- Sept. 27, 2018 - Thursday
- Sept. 28, 2018 - Friday
- Sept. 29, 2018 - Saturday
- Sept. 30, 2018 - Sunday
- Oct. 1, 2018 - Monday