Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- Jackson Charter Schools Get $1 Million Boost from GOP Donor, PhilanthropistTwo new charter schools in Jackson are getting a big boost from a former chief executive officer, philanthropist who donates money to conservative Republicans.
- Chane Unveils The Wonder Lab at Fondren's First ThursdayAfter nearly $9,000 out of pocket in renovation, Ron Chane is today unveiling The Wonder Lab, a collection of studio spaces that he hopes will be a springboard for Jackson creatives.
- Robert WalkerVicksburg native Robert Walker is starting his second term as interim athletic director at Jackson State University, a position he previously held from February to August 2011.
- Jackson Pothole Report: Sept. 3, 2015City of Jackson crews are patching potholes across the city.
- Mayor Yarber Opens Up City DataMayor Tony Yarber is opening up. Specifically, his administration is developing an open-data policy for the City of Jackson.
Latest Wire Stories
- Prosecutors: Church Shooting Suspect to Face Death PenaltyThe white man accused of killing nine black churchgoers during a Bible study will face the death penalty, according to court documents filed Thursday.
- Judge Jails Kentucky Clerk for Refusing Marriage LicensesA federal judge ordered a defiant county clerk to jail for contempt Thursday after she insisted that it would violate her conscience to follow court orders to issue marriage licenses to gay couples.
- Texas Abortion Clinics Appeal to Supreme Court Texas abortion clinics are asking the Supreme Court to take up a major case about abortion rights in the midst of the 2016 presidential campaign.
- Los Angeles City Council Poised to Vote on 2024 Olympic PlanA month after Boston's bid for the 2024 Olympic Games collapsed, Los Angeles appears on the verge of stepping in as the replacement U.S. candidate.
- UNESCO Chief: IS Destruction of Syrian Temple 'Intolerable'Islamic State militants in Syria committed an "intolerable crime against civilization" by destroying the Temple of Bel, one of the ancient world's most iconic monuments, the head of the U.N. cultural agency said Tuesday.
- September 2, 2015 - Wednesday
- September 3, 2015 - Thursday
- September 4, 2015 - Friday
- September 5, 2015 - Saturday
- September 6, 2015 - Sunday
- September 7, 2015 - Monday
- September 8, 2015 - Tuesday