Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- The SlateSunday produced two shocking bits of news in the sports world. First, LSU fired head football coach Les Miles with a 2-2 record, and second, golf great Arnold Palmer passed away.
- Fair Schedule2016 Mississippi State Fair schedule
- Don’t Go Fair-Food CrazyLike most state fairs, the Mississippi State Fair isn't exactly the place where you can always find the healthiest food. But why would you want to? Most people go for a day or two, and they want to have fun ...
- Interesting Foods to Try at the Mississippi State FairFairs tend to attract people from all over the nation, and many of them have interesting foods to try.
- Keeping Things LocalDavid Raines, a professional chef in Madison with more than 14 years of experience in restaurants around the United States and the world, decided to go into business as a butcher with the opening of The Flora Butcher on Aug. ...
Latest Wire Stories
- FBI Director: Database Coming on Police Use of Deadly ForceThe FBI will have up and running within two years a database that tracks instances of police use of deadly force, FBI Director James Comey told members of Congress on Wednesday.
- Houston Authorities: 6 Wounded in Shooting; Suspect DeadHouston authorities say a gunman who wounded six people at a strip mall on the city's southwest side before dawn Monday is dead.
- Mall Shooting Suspect: 'Creepy,' Multiple Arrests, DisputesThe 20-year-old man suspected of killing five people with a rifle at a Macy's makeup counter was described by a neighbor as so "creepy, rude and obnoxious" that she kept a Taser by her front door. He also had a ...
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set for High-Stakes ShowdownAfter months of tangling from afar, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will confront each other face-to-face for the first time in Monday night's presidential debate, laying out for voters their vastly different visions for America's future.
- Charlotte Ends Curfew Imposed After Black Man Shot by PoliceCharlotte lifted its midnight curfew, signaling movement toward normalcy after a state of emergency was imposed following the shooting death of a black man by police last week that brought National Guard troops and armored vehicles to downtown street corners.
- Sept. 28, 2016 - Wednesday
- Sept. 29, 2016 - Thursday
- Sept. 30, 2016 - Friday
- Oct. 1, 2016 - Saturday
- Oct. 2, 2016 - Sunday
- Oct. 3, 2016 - Monday
- Oct. 4, 2016 - Tuesday