- Music Videos, EvolvedThe popularity of watching music videos on TV channels such as MTV and CMT has waned over the years, but the format has not lost its impact on consumers and the music industry as a whole.
- Where Mississippi's U.S. Lawmakers Stand on Gun Laws, RightsIn the wake of the Las Vegas massacre, the Jackson Free Press assembled details on the gun-related legislation that Mississippi lawmakers in Washington have supported or co-sponsored, as well as how much gun-rights groups have donated to them.
- Warm Up This FallIf you're looking for a good way to warm up and caffeinate yourself, turn to this year's Best of Jackson winners for Best Place to Get Coffee.
- Eventful EatingBe sure not to miss these tasty events coming up this weekend.
- The District's 'Classy Burger Joint'When Ray-Scott Miller saw the plans for The District at Eastover, he knew immediately that the space called for a certain type of restaurant: a "classy burger joint."
- Journeying to Executive ChefEstelle Wine Bar & Bistro Executive Chef Matthew Kajdan says that his favorite dish to make at the bistro is the grilled redfish.
- Takeover or Not: Jackson Schools in LimboThe afternoon of Thursday, Sept. 14, seemed to creep by slowly as Mississippi Board of Education members deliberated the future of Jackson Public Schools behind closed doors.
- When the JFP Launched in September 2002 ...Quite a few things have changed since the Jackson Free Press launched in September 2002. Here's a list of some of them.
- Jackson's Creative Pulse: What Has Changed Since 2002, What Is Still AheadWhen this newspaper started 15 years ago this week, promising a rising creative class in Jackson on its cover, the capital city was a different place that nearly everyone said they wanted to leave. Jackson was the butt of suburban ...
- ‘Everybody Matters, Or Nobody Matters’: The JFP Interview with Public Safety Commissioner Marshall FisherDepartment of Public Safety Commissioner Marshall Fisher shared his opinions and ideas about how law enforcement fits into society and government as a whole with the Jackson Free Press recently.
- Redefining Royalty: A Look Inside Jackson’s Drag CultureZachary Salter, who performs as Tara Shay Montgomery, says his drag persona is an extension of his own personality.
- All Hands on Deck: Showing Up for Childhood Literacy in MississippiAlmost two-thirds of American children cannot read proficiently at the beginning of the fourth grade, the benchmark used in most public schools. That means that those children are unable to interpret and apply what they read.
- Making Afterschool Programs WorkOperation Shoestring Program Director Amber May says that an equitable education is a basic right for everyone.
- JFP College Football Preview 2017It's that time of year once again when I lock myself away in a room and relive last college football season while preparing for the current one. Each year my hair gets grayer, and my predictions get worse.
- JFP College Football Preview 2017: University of Southern Mississippi Golden EaglesYear one of the Jay Hopson era was frustrating. USM opened the season with a major comeback victory over the University of Kentucky only to commit three turnovers in a loss to Troy University.