- Fun With Best of JacksonSummer is a time to hang out with friends under the sun. Recent Best of Jackson winners can help you celebrate the summer season (and beyond). Try these.
- Embrace the Heat with Homemade Hot SauceFarmer's markets and gardens will soon be overflowing with peppers of all kinds. What better way to embrace the Mississippi summer heat than to make some hot sauce?
- How to Survive a Music FestivalIt is officially music festival season. If you find yourself going to one this year, you'll want to be prepared. Here are some tips to survive the event and have fun.
- A Lost Hope: Remembering Lil Lonnie and 2018’s Deadliest MonthRising hip-hop artist Lonnie "Lil Lonnie" Taylor, 22, was driving around his hometown of Jackson with a woman in the passenger's seat around 10 p.m. on April 29. Suddenly, someone fired into his car striking him with bullets, and he ...
- Rachel Phuong Le: Food’s Biggest Fan Rachel Phuong Le is preparing to launch her own restaurant, Poké Stop, in Jackson as part of the incoming Cultivation Food Hall, set to open in the District at Eastover this summer.
- Private Prison on Trial: Inmates at ‘Bleak’ Facility Tell Harrowing Stories Merlin Hill was one of 19 inmates who testified during the five-week class-action trial against the Mississippi Department of Corrections for what they describe as appalling conditions at the privately run East Mississippi Correctional Facility near Meridian.
- Amazing Teens 2018In the current political climate in the U.S., teens have shown that they are a force to be reckoned with, and that they are pretty amazing. Each year the Jackson Free Press honors some of the local teens doing amazing ...
- Ready to Engage: The JFP Interview with JPD Chief Anthony MooreInterim Police Chief Anthony Moore, known since Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba appointed him in January as a man of few words, opened the door to his office in the Jackson Police Department on April 11. He was cheerful and ready ...
- The 2018 Crossroads Film FestivalMost film blocks in this year's Crossroads Film Festival will screen at Malco Grandview Cinema.
- Crossroads Goes Back to Its RootsCrossroads Film Festival is going back to its roots this year, Festival Coordinator Michele Baker says.
- Mixed Messages: The JFP Interview with Big K.R.I.T.Justin Scott, better known as hip-hop artist Big K.R.I.T., says that he has always felt like a bit of an anomaly.
- A Platform for CommunityOn Thursday, March 22, Cathead Distillery in downtown Jackson was bustling with activity at JXN Gumbo as J.J. Townsend launched his nonprofit community crowd-funding platform, Citizenville.
- Oh, the Places You'll Go: Project EJECT Expels Gun Offenders to Faraway PrisonsU.S. Attorney Michael Hurst has charged 35 people since he first announced the anti-crime initiative Project EJECT in late 2017.
- St. Paddy’s Celebrates 35 YearsHal's St. Paddy's Parade (formerly known as the Mal's St. Paddy's Parade) may be a cultural staple of Jackson now, but for residents on their way home from work in 1983, its first iteration was simply the cause of a ...
- The Lucky Round-UpPlenty of local places have plans for this year's Hal's St. Paddy's Parade in Jackson. Here's a list of some of the festivities to be found this weekend.