- SILAS: Hope, Hops & HokageSilas Stapleton III, better known to fans as SILAS, is blending hip-hop and hops for his upcoming album, "The Last Cherry Blossom."
- Artists to WatchJackson officially earned the nickname of the "City with Soul" back during Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr.'s administration, and it's fitting. If you pick up any issue of the Jackson Free Press, you are bound to find more soulful music than ...
- ‘It Only Matters What You Answer To’: The JFP Interview with Mike EspyMike Espy has neither sought nor served in public office since 1994; this year's U.S. Senate special election marks Espy's re-entry into politics as he runs in the special election for the seat formerly held by his friend, Republican Sen. ...
- Vetting the ‘One Lake’ ProjectThe Rankin-Hinds Pearl River Flood and Drainage Control District, often called the Levee Board, is supporting the "One Lake" plan, the latest version of a years-long strategy to create a lake development along the Pearl River through Jackson.
- People on the StreetsThe Jackson Free Press asked people on the streets the question, "What does Jackson need?"
- Museum QuirksMuseums are rich with knowledge, culture and history, and the city of Jackson is lucky to be home to so many of these great establishments. Here is a list of must-see quirky or interesting things for you to experience as ...
- Living the Natural LifeFair Trade Green, which recently reopened in Fondren, carries products such as incense made in Japan, tumbled stones from around the world and items such as herbal bath and body products.
- Cups Espresso Cafe Features New MocktailsWhile Cups Espresso Cafe in Fondren has been supplying us with needed caffeine, it's got something new now: a mocktail menu. The four new drinks are $5 each. Barist Lauren Spigner recently walked us through how to make one of ...
- Eat Your GreensIf you're vegan or vegetarian, eating at restaurants can be difficult. Luckily, Jackson has a decent amount of good options. Here are a few.
- From Mississippi with LoveThe Moscow mule is a simple, yet delicious drink made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. So why reinvent the wheel? Well, because sometimes the wheel tastes better with creme.
- A’Walkin’ We Will GoThe Jackson metro is filled with great places to go for a walk. Here are just a few of them.
- Newcomers: Need to KnowIf you are a newcomer to Jackson, you may not know things like how to get your water turned on or where the DMV locations are. Luckily, we're here to help. Here are some need-to-know things when moving to the ...
- Jackson's Historical LandmarksJackson has a rich and storied past, and today, a few landmarks help remind us of where we've been. Here are a few you can find.
- The Future of Foster Care in MississippiFoster care in Mississippi is facing a financial crisis. The budget for the 2019 fiscal year is $23 million short, stretching an already-thin budget even further.
- The Antar Era: 365 Days of Building a ‘Radical’ FoundationJackson's youngest mayor, now 35, assumed his official duties on July 3, 2017, and since then, he has been on a determined-but-rocky mission, as the world looks on.