- Through the KeyholeThe keyhole garden is a great option for those of us with small backyards or small budgets.
- Bottles and Bubbles: 2017 Wine TastingIt's the 2017 Spring Food issue, which means one thing: JFP staffers gathered together to try some more wine.
- Downtown's Sweet RestorationThe JFP recently talked to Elizabeth Augustine over the phone about her journey to Sugar Ray's, the business itself and its place in the landscape of a changing downtown Jackson.
- A Mayor's Story: Tony Yarber on His Past Mistakes and Evolving VisionMayor Tony Yarber is different this time around. During his first run for the job vacated when Mayor Chokwe Lumumba died in 2014, a bunch of urgent business suits surrounded and handled him amid a certain amount of arrogant campaign ...
- 2017 Crossroads Film Festival: Lights, Camera, InactionFor its modest size, Mississippi has an illustrious history in its contribution to the arts. From authors Richard Wright and William Faulkner to musicians Elvis Presley, B.B. King and now hip-hop artists Rae Sremmurd, the state has long exported cultural ...
- Digital JXNJackson and Mississippi are synonymous with blues music and comeback sauce and authors such as Eudora Welty and Richard Wright. But sometime soon, Jackson could be known for its technology scene.
- Life in Code: Nader DabitThe Jackson Free Press recently talked to Nader Dabit on the phone about his experience in coding, the importance of data in education, and the coding scene in Mississippi and Jackson.
- Creating a SandboxOn March 31 and April 1, both Fondren and Mantle. will be bustling with more activity as Mantle. gears up for its first annual Sandbox Live, which is an event that will combine technology, film and music into one platform.
- Cruel & Unusual? The Death Penalty’s Trials in MississippiThe State of Mississippi is litigating legal challenges to the state's lethal-injection law directly. Mississippi last executed a prisoner in June 2012, Mississippi Department of Corrections records posted online show.
- Local and LuckyIf you haven't heard, the Hal's St. Paddy's Day Parade & Festival is this weekend. Here is your guide to what you can do before and after.
- Prep for the Long HaulSt. Paddy's Parade weekend is a marathon, not a sprint. As such, it's important to plan ahead and be prepared.
- What Do You Know About Being Green?It's time for the annual Hal's St. Paddy's Parade & Festival. To make sure you get where you want to be, when you want to be there, the Jackson Free Press wanted to provide a helpful guide for the day's ...
- A Sense of Urgency: Sen. John Horhn Pledges to Cure What Ails City HallSen. John Horhn may have been in the Mississippi Legislature for 24 years, but the Jackson man doesn't always get what he wants.
- Sweetness Fest Takes a Run Against ObesitySweetness Fest organizers hope that only one thing gets bigger in the event's fight against obesity: participation.
- Touch a Truck JacksonJunior League of Jackson will host its fourth annual Touch a Truck Jackson event on March 24 and 25 at Trustmark Park in Pearl.