- Newcomers Need to Know ‘the Best’At the Jackson Free Press we track the pulse on the community in a lot of ways. One is through the annual Best of Jackson contest. Here are some categories from the 2019 contest that we believe would be beneficial ...
- Best of Jackson: Household 2019When you have a house, sometimes things break or malfunction. That's where this year's 2019 Best of Jackson Household pop-up ballot winners come in. No matter what the repair is, whether it's a running toilet or foundation issues, these winners ...
- Need to Know InfoImportant information on utilities and other services for people living in Jackson.
- Challenging TriviaSometimes it can be hard to know what to do after work, especially in a new city. Luckily, Jackson's nightlife scene includes several family-friendly options that are fun for everyone.
- One With NatureJackson may be a mid-sized city, but it has one thing going for it due to its land size: lots of green space in the city and metro area. Here are a few walking trails that allow you to commune ...
- Exploring Jackson’s HistoryJackson is a city overflowing with history—civil-war history, civil-rights history, prehistory and much more. For decades it's been a cultural hub in the South, a testament to the good and the bad here. These are some of its best museums ...
- Local Food Specialties, Best of Jackson EditionJackson offers a variety of local eateries, but if you're looking for something specific, here is a list of restaurants that are known for their specialties.
- Mississippi Artist Comes Home to Paint Big K.R.I.T. MuralMichael Roy goes by the moniker Birdcap and describes his style as a hodgepodge of motifs inspired by graffiti, world mytho-logy and Saturday-morning cartoons.
- Hinds County Primary ElectionsCandidates for the Hinds County primary elections
- GOP AG’s Race: A ‘Crusade’ Against DrugsMississippi Rep. Mark Baker, R-Brandon, is running on a “tough on crime” approach to drugs. Andy Taggart has a more balanced platform.
- Vying for Mississippi Governor: The Issues Post-GOP Debate and BeyondFind out where top candidates in the race for governor stand on issues like Medicaid expansion, private school vouchers, teacher pay, mental health, abortion rights, and more.
- Hinds DA, Sheriff Hopefuls Share Plans, Philosophies in Primary BidDuring the run-up to the Hinds County primaries on Aug. 6, the word "reform" flies around a lot in the two races that have the most direct effect on the local criminal-justice system—district attorney and sheriff.
- What Mississippi Voters WantWe asked Mississippi voters which issues they want candidates to talk about. From potholes, to poverty, to higher teacher pay and help with college, here’s what they told us.
- Independent Business Week: Taking a Slice of the PieThe American Independent Business Alliance says on its website that shopping local helps build community, shapes a neighborhood's character, gives people access to expertise on a product; and creates a healthier environment .
- Guys We Love 2019Each year around Father's Day, we honor men in the Jackson metro area who are making differences in our community. This year's include ones who are involved music, art, medicine, law and more.