- Teresa Haygood’s Work in National SpotlightThe Mississippi Arts Commission chose mosaic artist Teresa Haygood to represent the state in the National Christmas Tree Lighting display.
- Holiday Side FavoritesThough holiday dinners are often centered around turkey, the side dishes that accompany them are also important. They are often personal and family traditions, and shared recipes.
- Jingle Bells and Local CelebrationMississippi Children's Museum will host Santa Saturdays every week from Nov. 25 to Dec. 23.
- How Integration Failed in Jackson’s Public Schools from 1969 to 2017Jackson's public schools, like the majority in the state, remained solidly separate and unequal in the 1950s and 1960s despite the ruling in the Brown v. Topeka Board of Education decision in 1954, which struck down school segregation by race.
- Meeya ThomasMeeya Thomas stands 5 feet and 2 inches tall—about three inches short of the national average for women. She says that because of her height, she loves to wear heels, and that is where her inspiration for her shoe designs ...
- Best of Jackson: Beauty & StyleIt's time once again to nominate people for the 2018 Best of Jackson ballot (bestofjackson.com). While in this season, take a look at some of the 2017 winners in categories related to beauty and style.
- Matthew KajdanEstelle Wine Bar & Bistro Executive Chef Matthew Kajdan says that his favorite dish to make at the bistro is the grilled redfish.
- The ‘Radical’ Mayor, 120 Days LaterHundreds of Jacksonians sat in mostly silence as Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba delivered his "State of the City" address on a late Monday afternoon in Thalia Maria Hall in downtown Jackson.
- Saved for a Reason: The Fight to End Domestic ViolenceThe Mississippi Department of Health tracks interpersonal violence in the state, and in fiscal-year 2015, law-enforcement officers responded to 10,411 calls related to domestic violence, the annual report from the Office Against Personal Violence shows.
- Music Videos, EvolvedThe popularity of watching music videos on TV channels such as MTV and CMT has waned over the years, but the format has not lost its impact on consumers and the music industry as a whole.
- Where Mississippi's U.S. Lawmakers Stand on Gun Laws, RightsIn the wake of the Las Vegas massacre, the Jackson Free Press assembled details on the gun-related legislation that Mississippi lawmakers in Washington have supported or co-sponsored, as well as how much gun-rights groups have donated to them.
- Warm Up This FallIf you're looking for a good way to warm up and caffeinate yourself, turn to this year's Best of Jackson winners for Best Place to Get Coffee.
- Eventful EatingBe sure not to miss these tasty events coming up this weekend.
- The District's 'Classy Burger Joint'When Ray-Scott Miller saw the plans for The District at Eastover, he knew immediately that the space called for a certain type of restaurant: a "classy burger joint."
- Takeover or Not: Jackson Schools in LimboThe afternoon of Thursday, Sept. 14, seemed to creep by slowly as Mississippi Board of Education members deliberated the future of Jackson Public Schools behind closed doors.