- Mixed Messages: The JFP Interview with Big K.R.I.T.Justin Scott, better known as hip-hop artist Big K.R.I.T., says that he has always felt like a bit of an anomaly.
- A Platform for CommunityOn Thursday, March 22, Cathead Distillery in downtown Jackson was bustling with activity at JXN Gumbo as J.J. Townsend launched his nonprofit community crowd-funding platform, Citizenville.
- Oh, the Places You'll Go: Project EJECT Expels Gun Offenders to Faraway PrisonsU.S. Attorney Michael Hurst has charged 35 people since he first announced the anti-crime initiative Project EJECT in late 2017.
- St. Paddy’s Celebrates 35 YearsHal's St. Paddy's Parade (formerly known as the Mal's St. Paddy's Parade) may be a cultural staple of Jackson now, but for residents on their way home from work in 1983, its first iteration was simply the cause of a ...
- The Lucky Round-UpPlenty of local places have plans for this year's Hal's St. Paddy's Parade in Jackson. Here's a list of some of the festivities to be found this weekend.
- Mutiny at the Senate: Bi-partisan Death of New Ed FormulaTwenty-six senators joined Sen. Hob Bryan, D-Amory, to kill the Republican-driven proposal to scrap MAEP, which would have replaced it with a weights-based student funding formula, which EdBuild developed and GOP leaders cherry-picked.
- Beyond Stigma: Helping the Jacksonians Others RejectOpening in 1987, the Sandifer House on Jefferson Street offered men and women living with AIDS respite from the continuing stigma of being HIV-positive in the early years of the AIDS crisis.
- Elizabeth Fowler: An Artist's JourneyElizabeth Fowler, a Noxubee County native, says she liked the idea of art when she was a kid, but wasn't good at representational drawing.
- Support the Black DollarJackson Black Pages hosts its fourth-annual Jackson Black Business Expo on Saturday, March 24, at Tougaloo College.
- Food Trucks, BBQ & Tequila BarrelsFood Truck Mash-up, a food truck competition that USA Today Network first started in New Jersey 12 years ago, is coming to Mississippi on Saturday, March 24, at Trustmark Park.
- Taking Business to the Next LevelDuring Startup Weekend Mississippi, local organization Innovate Mississippi aims to equip entrepreneurs with the tools to make their business ideas a reality.
- Never Back Down: Mississippi Escalates War on GangsMississippi law enforcement may soon be able to decide young people are a gang even if they're not part of a larger criminal enterprise with a hierarchy and criminal connections beyond whomever they got the pot from.
- Jackson’s First Couple: How the Lumumbas Met and Why They Love JacksonJackson's first couple's story begins in a kindergarten classroom at North Jackson Elementary School. They both remember walking to school together with other kids in the neighborhood and playing together in their cul-de-sac after school.
- Sweetheart SpecialsLocal restaurants such as 1908 Provisions will have decadent specials this Valentine’s Day.
- Good Faith, Bad Faith: City Contract Controversies Explode ... AgainArneedra Smith-Gaddis seemed nervous when she stepped to the microphone in City Hall on Jan. 3, but Bridgette Gandy looked more composed. The two women subcontractors were there, separately, to tell the Jackson City Council that a local construction company ...