Food & Drink
- Local Chicken Sandwiches WinIn the last few weeks, fried chicken sandwiches, and especially spicy ones, have gone viral on social media. We here at the Jackson Free Press like to spend and eat local, so here are some delicious, non-cookie-cutter fried chicken sandwiches ...
- Ten Ways to Get Some Joy out of the Last Bit of SummerThe official last day of summer is Monday, Sept. 23. This gives you ample time to scratch off a few more things on that summer to-do list, but you must act quickly.
- Endless Adventures in JXNIn 2019, Visit Jackson invited Eric and Allison Bieller to visit the city. They spent several days in June seeing the attractions and going to various restaurants and trying the food here. They also created two YouTube videos of their ...
- Pho and Family BusinessPho Huong opened in Ridgeland in October 2017 after the Hong sisters, Thoung and Lily Hong, decided that the area needed more diverse restaurant choices.
- Food Truck Mash-UpFood Truck Mash-up, a food truck competition that USA Today Network first started in New Jersey in 2006, is coming to Mississippi on Saturday, Sept. 28, at Lakeshore Park on the reservoir.
- Godfrey MorganGodfrey Morgan's upbringing in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, was full of water, sun and great Caribbean food, he says. His grandmother, Emiline Leer, was a chef who owned her own restaurant, and after seeing her in action, he decided to pursue ...
- Challenging TriviaSometimes it can be hard to know what to do after work, especially in a new city. Luckily, Jackson's nightlife scene includes several family-friendly options that are fun for everyone.
- Local Food Specialties, Best of Jackson EditionJackson offers a variety of local eateries, but if you're looking for something specific, here is a list of restaurants that are known for their specialties.
- Shiro: New, Healthy Ethiopian Cuisine in Downtown JacksonOn the ground floor of Capital Towers downtown, a recently opened Jackson restaurant is offering something new (and healthy) to the city's cuisine. Shiro is an Ethiopian buffet-style restaurant facing Pearl Street at the corner of Congress.
- Celebrating Coffee Concentrate and Business ExpansionMississippi Cold Drip Coffee & Tea Co. has been steadily expanding since Raymond Horn started the business in 2013. Now, the business has expanded its space and is working on adding more products to its offerings.
- Patriotic Pastries and Other TreatsCelebrate local this Fourth of July.
- A Surge in New Businesses in JacksonOver the last few weeks, Jackson has had a surge in new local businesses opening or changing—just in time for summer. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Hot Tamales: Best at the Doughnut Shop"The best hot tamales are at the donut shop," my uncle once said to me. I won't argue as to the veracity of this quote or attempt to pit one purveyor versus another.
- Fireworks, Friends and Local EventsCelebrate the Fourth of July with some local events.
- Father’s Day FestivitiesCelebrate dads on June 16 with local restaurants and businesses.