Food & Drink
- Turkeys and TreatsIf you don’t want to cook this Thanksgiving, let local businesses and restaurants help you out.
- Local List: Mallory PalmertreeMallory Palmertree is both an artist and a tattoo artist for frequent Best of Jackson winner Electric Dagger. When she’s not tattooing, she’s out and about in Jackson. Here are her 10 favorite places.
- Fall Into These Healthier Sweet TreatsThe holiday season is getting closer and closer, which means one thing: lots of food, especially desserts with tons of sugar. UnitedHealthcare recently compiled a list of healthier desserts. Try these two in this season.
- Spooky SweetsBusinesses such as Nandy’s Candy will have treats for Halloween.
- Halloween Boos & Things to DoBusinesses and organizations around the Jackson area feature a variety of Halloween events throughout the month of October.
- Local List: Ben FordWhen this year’s finalist for Best Barista Ben Ford isn’t making coffee at Deep South Pops or playing music, he’s out and about in Jackson. Here are his top nine favorite places in the metro area.
- SILAS: Hope, Hops & HokageSilas Stapleton III, better known to fans as SILAS, is blending hip-hop and hops for his upcoming album, "The Last Cherry Blossom."
- Gumbo GreatnessIn one year during the International Gumbo Festival's first iteration in the '90s, Hal White sought to make one of the world's largest pots of gumbo.
- Something Old, New, Borrowed and BlueBefore Whitney Anglin and Jeff Sharp married on June 23 at Algiers Point in New Orleans, they had an engagement party at the apartment of Fondren Barber Shop and William Wallace Salon owners Eddie Outlaw and Justin McPherson Outlaw on ...
- The People's BakeryKimberly Ruffin owns and operates local bakery Kimmiesweett, which she started as a home business around 2008 and expanded with a Northpark Mall storefront in 2017.
- Local List: Rita BrentWhen local comedienne Rita Brent is not touring the southeast for her standup comedy, she is out and about in Jackson. Here are her top nine favorite local places.
- Dawn Dugle: Telling the ‘BRAVO!’ StoryAuthor Dawn Dugle releases her book, “The BRAVO! Way,” on Nov. 1.
- Coffee and ProseA building at the corner of West Street and Millsaps Avenue sits seemingly undisturbed, appearing like just another vacant one in midtown Jackson. However, there's more than immediately meets the eye at the building, now dubbed The Monastery.
- Tropical VibesThough Sal & Mookie's New York Pizza & Ice Cream Joint was closed to the public on Monday, Aug. 6, it was filled with people and food all the same for the Chandeleur Island Brewing Company beer dinner.
- Local List: David LewisIf you've been out and about around Jackson, chances are you may have seen David Lewis, who recently became manager of the Arts Center of Mississippi. Here are his top 10 favorite local spots.