Food & Drink
- Father’s Day FestivitiesCelebrate dads on June 16 with local restaurants and businesses.
- David Raines: Local Passion and Wagyu BarbecueDavid Raines, owner of Dave's Triple B and The Flora Butcher, recently talked about his journey as a chef, supporting local, barbecue and more.
- Truckin’ DowntownOn the first and fourth Friday of each month, the area around Smith Park is abuzz with activity. Downtown workers gather from the different offices, and some people outside of the downtown area gather at the park for one thing: ...
- Best of Jackson: Burgers of NoteEarlier this year, you told us your choices for some of the best local burgers in the Jackson metro area. While the winner and finalists have many choices, we decided to highlight one from each.
- Regina WallaceEver since Brandon native Regina Wallace opened Heavenly Sweetz Bakery inside The Hatch in midtown in October 2018, her business has expanded beyond the confines of the bakery's storefront.
- Hop into Local EventsThis Easter, celebrate with local businesses and events.
- Vegan Food for AllWhen Lataurius Rodgers first went vegan, she craved hot wings and began seeking out equally satisfying solutions. Then, she found something: "wings" made out of cauliflower.
- In Honor of Dead Diet ResolutionsI propose that we bring pleasure back into our vocabulary around food. In honor of all those dead diet resolutions, here are some ideas for making the rest of 2019 more, ahem, palatable.
- Changes Coming to Seafood R'evolutionThe restaurant group of Derek and Jennifer Emerson will take ownership of Seafood R'evolution on March 31 and reopen the restaurant as CAET.
- Feeling Lucky and LocalCelebrate St. Patrick’s Day on March 23 with local events, including the Hal’s St. Paddy’s Parade & Festival that day.
- Cultivating Growth in Women Business OwnersSomething sets Cultivation Food Hall apart: women-owned businesses. Of the nine businesses there, women have full ownership of four—Ariella's, Poke Stop, Fauna and Whisk—and co-own il Lupo and Bocca Pizzeria.
- Martin’s Downtown Moves into 2019Martin's Downtown, previously known as Martin's Restaurant & Bar, has long been a staple of downtown Jackson, showcasing both local and touring bands, as well as giving Jacksonians a place to hang out.
- King (Cakes) for a DayIf you live anywhere in or near the Gulf Coast from Louisiana to Alabama, chances are king cakes are pretty prevalent. Here is where you can enjoy some of the local versions.
- Love, Life and Local EventsThis Valentine’s Day, celebrate by supporting local businesses and restaurants, and attending local events.
- Best of Jackson 2019: Food and DrinkWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food—you get the idea. There’s nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We’re officially in our 17th award season. ...