Food & Drink
- Season’s EatingsThe Jackson metro area has plenty of food options for the holidays, with many restaurants serving specialty items and offering take-home meals.
- Sweets & SucculentsThe first thing people might see when they walk into The Prickly Hippie is not the titular "prickly" cacti, but instead a bevy of soft sweets in the dessert case.
- Mississippi-Made HolidayNeed ideas for gifts for loved ones this season? Check out our gift guide full of Mississippi-made items.
- Cathead’s New Bourbon, Frock Fashions Opens and Lemuria’s ‘Photos with Paddington’Cathead Distillery’s new bourbon line, Old Soul bourbon whiskey, went on sale in liquor stores statewide on Friday, Nov. 16. Cathead produced 500 cases of Old Soul for this initial batch, which it will only sell within Mississippi.
- Turkeys and TreatsIf you don’t want to cook this Thanksgiving, let local businesses and restaurants help you out.
- Local List: Mallory PalmertreeMallory Palmertree is both an artist and a tattoo artist for frequent Best of Jackson winner Electric Dagger. When she’s not tattooing, she’s out and about in Jackson. Here are her 10 favorite places.
- Fall Into These Healthier Sweet TreatsThe holiday season is getting closer and closer, which means one thing: lots of food, especially desserts with tons of sugar. UnitedHealthcare recently compiled a list of healthier desserts. Try these two in this season.
- Spooky SweetsBusinesses such as Nandy’s Candy will have treats for Halloween.
- Halloween Boos & Things to DoBusinesses and organizations around the Jackson area feature a variety of Halloween events throughout the month of October.
- Local List: Ben FordWhen this year’s finalist for Best Barista Ben Ford isn’t making coffee at Deep South Pops or playing music, he’s out and about in Jackson. Here are his top nine favorite places in the metro area.
- SILAS: Hope, Hops & HokageSilas Stapleton III, better known to fans as SILAS, is blending hip-hop and hops for his upcoming album, "The Last Cherry Blossom."
- Gumbo GreatnessIn one year during the International Gumbo Festival's first iteration in the '90s, Hal White sought to make one of the world's largest pots of gumbo.
- Something Old, New, Borrowed and BlueBefore Whitney Anglin and Jeff Sharp married on June 23 at Algiers Point in New Orleans, they had an engagement party at the apartment of Fondren Barber Shop and William Wallace Salon owners Eddie Outlaw and Justin McPherson Outlaw on ...
- The People's BakeryKimberly Ruffin owns and operates local bakery Kimmiesweett, which she started as a home business around 2008 and expanded with a Northpark Mall storefront in 2017.
- Local List: Rita BrentWhen local comedienne Rita Brent is not touring the southeast for her standup comedy, she is out and about in Jackson. Here are her top nine favorite local places.