Food & Drink
- Challenging TriviaSometimes it can be hard to know what to do after work, especially in a new city. Luckily, Jackson's nightlife scene includes several family-friendly options that are fun for everyone.
- Local Food Specialties, Best of Jackson EditionJackson offers a variety of local eateries, but if you're looking for something specific, here is a list of restaurants that are known for their specialties.
- Shiro: New, Healthy Ethiopian Cuisine in Downtown JacksonOn the ground floor of Capital Towers downtown, a recently opened Jackson restaurant is offering something new (and healthy) to the city's cuisine. Shiro is an Ethiopian buffet-style restaurant facing Pearl Street at the corner of Congress.
- Celebrating Coffee Concentrate and Business ExpansionMississippi Cold Drip Coffee & Tea Co. has been steadily expanding since Raymond Horn started the business in 2013. Now, the business has expanded its space and is working on adding more products to its offerings.
- Patriotic Pastries and Other TreatsCelebrate local this Fourth of July.
- A Surge in New Businesses in JacksonOver the last few weeks, Jackson has had a surge in new local businesses opening or changing—just in time for summer. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Hot Tamales: Best at the Doughnut Shop"The best hot tamales are at the donut shop," my uncle once said to me. I won't argue as to the veracity of this quote or attempt to pit one purveyor versus another.
- Fireworks, Friends and Local EventsCelebrate the Fourth of July with some local events.
- Father’s Day FestivitiesCelebrate dads on June 16 with local restaurants and businesses.
- David Raines: Local Passion and Wagyu BarbecueDavid Raines, owner of Dave's Triple B and The Flora Butcher, recently talked about his journey as a chef, supporting local, barbecue and more.
- Truckin’ DowntownOn the first and fourth Friday of each month, the area around Smith Park is abuzz with activity. Downtown workers gather from the different offices, and some people outside of the downtown area gather at the park for one thing: ...
- Best of Jackson: Burgers of NoteEarlier this year, you told us your choices for some of the best local burgers in the Jackson metro area. While the winner and finalists have many choices, we decided to highlight one from each.
- Regina WallaceEver since Brandon native Regina Wallace opened Heavenly Sweetz Bakery inside The Hatch in midtown in October 2018, her business has expanded beyond the confines of the bakery's storefront.
- Hop into Local EventsThis Easter, celebrate with local businesses and events.
- Vegan Food for AllWhen Lataurius Rodgers first went vegan, she craved hot wings and began seeking out equally satisfying solutions. Then, she found something: "wings" made out of cauliflower.