Food & Drink
- Local List: David LewisIf you've been out and about around Jackson, chances are you may have seen David Lewis, who recently became manager of the Arts Center of Mississippi. Here are his top 10 favorite local spots.
- Six Easy Ways to Support Your Local FarmersSupporting our small farmers strengthens the local economy, is better for the environment and leads to better public-health outcomes.
- Living the Natural LifeFair Trade Green, which recently reopened in Fondren, carries products such as incense made in Japan, tumbled stones from around the world and items such as herbal bath and body products.
- Cups Espresso Cafe Features New MocktailsWhile Cups Espresso Cafe in Fondren has been supplying us with needed caffeine, it's got something new now: a mocktail menu. The four new drinks are $5 each. Barist Lauren Spigner recently walked us through how to make one of ...
- Eat Your GreensIf you're vegan or vegetarian, eating at restaurants can be difficult. Luckily, Jackson has a decent amount of good options. Here are a few.
- From Mississippi with LoveThe Moscow mule is a simple, yet delicious drink made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. So why reinvent the wheel? Well, because sometimes the wheel tastes better with creme.
- OPINION: Reconnecting to FoodBecause food has such a presence in our lives, it helps shape our experience in different settings
- Taco ReinventionI'm always looking for ways to reinvent and elevate some of my favorites. These breakfast taco boats are perfect for people of all ages, and versatile enough for any meal of the day.
- Refill Café Hoping to Open New Doors for Jackson CommunityIn the early afternoon on a Friday, Jordan Butler sat outside at Cups in Fondren, sipping on a coffee after spending the day working out the kinks of a grant application for Refill Cafe, a nonprofit workforce development cafe that ...
- Foodie FactsFood can be a great equalizer, but it can also be a great divider. Recently, porch.com surveyed 1,000 people on their food preferences. Here are some of the findings.
- Shining Neon LightsThe Mississippi Children's Museum will host its fifth annual Neon Night on Saturday, July 14, from 8 p.m. to midnight. The summer fundraiser for the event is open to visitors age 21 and up.
- Love Fresh Berries? Pick ThemThis summer, instead of buying your berries from the market or store, opt for a more memorable outing at a U-Pick farm.
- Fireworks and FestivitiesCelebrate the Fourth of July this year with local businesses such as Campbell's Bakery, Nandy’s Candy and more.
- Alivia Ashburn-TownsendAlivia Ashburn-Townsend started her restaurant career off as a server at a restaurant in the Jackson metro area and says that when the kitchen would get backed up, she would jump in and help.
- OPINION: ‘Don’t Yuck My Yum’As a food educator, I spent many hours in classrooms doing taste tests, interactive cooking demos and nutrition lessons. I've seen elementary schoolers, even the so-called picky eaters, taste everything from sauteed Swiss chard, to beet smoothies to chickpea cookie ...