Food & Drink
- Embrace the Heat with Homemade Hot SauceFarmer's markets and gardens will soon be overflowing with peppers of all kinds. What better way to embrace the Mississippi summer heat than to make some hot sauce?
- Midtown CelebrationSince Midfest's start in 2014, the street festival and block party has been focused on celebrating what the midtown area has to offer, showcasing local businesses and the creative talents of its residents.
- Rachel Phuong Le: Food’s Biggest Fan Rachel Phuong Le is preparing to launch her own restaurant, Poké Stop, in Jackson as part of the incoming Cultivation Food Hall, set to open in the District at Eastover this summer.
- Mother’s Day 2K18The Jackson Free Press has you covered on all the best places to treat your mom this Mother's Day.
- EDITOR'S NOTE: Celebrating, Not Submitting to Mississippi FoodMississippi has so much great, healthy food already, and I'd love for the rest of the world to realize that we're not just cupcakes, sugar water, grits and danger.
- Cultivating New FoodThis summer, Jackson will have another addition to its food scene: the Cultivation Food Hall at The District at Eastover.
- A Cheesy Good TimeThe Belhaven Grilled Cheese Fest is on Sunday, April 29, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Brunch Bunch, 2018Weekend brunch has really come into its own in recent years in the capital city. Now that spring has sprung, it's the perfect time to enjoy a leisurely late weekend break.
- Eats on the MoveAs we get closer and closer to summer, it's time to start going outside more often, and we're seeing more food trucks popping up around the capital city. Let's celebrate the season with these Best of Jackson winners and finalists.
- Eddie Hernandez and Susan PuckettEddie Hernandez co-owns Taqueria del Sol, a chain of Mexican restaurants in Georgia. He recently published "Turnip Greens & Tortillas," which features his southern food-meets-Mexican recipes, with writer Susan Puckett.
- Best of Jackson, Spring EditionIt's officially spring time, which means it's the season for things like sitting outside, enjoying cold beers and eating more seafood.
- Of Bunnies and BrunchThere's plenty going on in and around Jackson for Easter this year. Here's just a few of them.
- Cinnamon Roll CravingsMichael Harris' business, Your Cravings Gourmet Cinnamon Rolls, sprung from a family tradition.
- The Lucky Round-UpPlenty of local places have plans for this year's Hal's St. Paddy's Parade in Jackson. Here's a list of some of the festivities to be found this weekend.
- Happiest HoursHappy hours are always one of the best ways to wind down from a busy week, and luckily, Jackson has some great choices.