Food & Drink
- Taste the BistroWhen brainstorming names for her new restaurant, Candice Brewster kept coming back to one word: taste. Her reasoning was that if the food doesn't taste good, nothing else matters.
- Local and LuckyIf you haven't heard, the Hal's St. Paddy's Day Parade & Festival is this weekend. Here is your guide to what you can do before and after.
- Those Crazy CatsApril 15 will mark one year since Crazy Cat Bakers moved from its original Highland Village location into more spacious digs at Canton Mart Square. But the restaurant, now called Crazy Cat Eat Up, is still undergoing some big changes.
- Sugar’s LegacyPreparing meals for the masses isn't anything new for Glenda Cage Barner and her son, Donovan Barner, who own Sugar's Place. They have spent years cooking up food for their large family reunions.
- A Bunch of WiseacresThe word "wiseacre" is slang for "smartass." And it fits the origins of the Wireacre Brewing Co. in Memphis, Teen. Its journey began in 1997 in Boston, Mass., when brothers Davin and Kellan Bartosch stole their parents' rental car and ...
- Happiness in Cupcake FormTreats are my personal favorite part of Valentine's Day. It's one of the only days of the year where it's acceptable to eat tons of candy and chocolate. This year, I decided to spice up some easy-to-make cupcakes for the ...
- Eat, Love and Get LocalWondering what to do this Valentine's Day? The Jackson Free Press has compiled a listing of restaurants and other businesses that can help out with your celebration is a lovely one.
- A New Executive (Chef) in TownThough chef Nicole Medrano has only been in Jackson for a year, she is making waves in the local culinary scene. After Jesse Houston stepped down as executive chef at Saltine Oyster Bar, Medrano took the helm in early January.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Urban LivingHigh Heaven Trampoline Park, which received the most votes for 2017's Best New Addition to Jackson, is a kind of wish-fulfillment factory to the vertically challenged among us.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Food & DrinkWhen you think of Italian food in the metro, Amerigo probably pops into your head. And these days, whether you're in Ridgeland or Flowood, or as far away as Nashville, you can find the restaurant and its popular menu items.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Nightlife & MusicLast year was a breakout time for Best Hip-Hop Artist winner SilaS, an unabashed anime fan.
- Can’t-Miss Food EventsOn Jan. 30, Sal & Mookie's New York Pizza & Ice Cream Joint is hosting a Wiseacre Brewing Beer Dinner.
- Building a bōlOn the first floor of the Walter Sillers building in downtown Jackson, diners whip in and out of bōl on their way to and from work in their offices. For these guests, lunch is often compressed into a fraction of ...
- Forging a New Path: Foot Print FarmsOn a frigid day in December, the slightly warm air inside one of the high tunnels, also known as natural greenhouses, at Foot Print Farms in Jackson contrasts the chilly air outside.
- Bring in the New Year, Jackson StyleOn Thursday, Dec. 29, Deep South Pops and Blazewalker Pictures will host the After-Mas Music Festival in the Highland Village courtyard (4500 Interstate 55 N.).