Food & Drink
- Holiday Side FavoritesThough holiday dinners are often centered around turkey, the side dishes that accompany them are also important. They are often personal and family traditions, and shared recipes.
- Your Thanksgiving GuideThis year, celebrate Thanksgiving with family—and through buying locally.
- Eat and Play LocallyA good way to get connected to Jackson's foodie scene is to participate in local food events, and luckily, Jackson has a few in the next couple of weeks. Here are some of the ones to check out.
- Matthew KajdanEstelle Wine Bar & Bistro Executive Chef Matthew Kajdan says that his favorite dish to make at the bistro is the grilled redfish.
- Spooky and LocalThere's plenty of spooky Halloween events going on in the Jackson Metro this year. Here are just a few of them.
- Hunter EvansWhile the competitive atmosphere of the restaurant scene in New York City may intimidate some, Lou's Full-Serv Chef de Cuisine Hunter Evans did not shy away from it.
- Warm Up This FallIf you're looking for a good way to warm up and caffeinate yourself, turn to this year's Best of Jackson winners for Best Place to Get Coffee.
- Eventful EatingBe sure not to miss these tasty events coming up this weekend.
- The District's 'Classy Burger Joint'When Ray-Scott Miller saw the plans for The District at Eastover, he knew immediately that the space called for a certain type of restaurant: a "classy burger joint."
- The War for CupcakesJamie Kurlej, communications outreach specialist for NAMI Mississippi and its Youth Advisory Council, says the goal of Cupcake Wars 2017 is to raise money that will help "expand awareness of mental illness," specifically to a younger audience, she says.
- Crystal Kelly"When people see my cake jars, and they see purple towels or purple spoons, they already know that’s Cakes by Crystal."
- Mr. Chen’s ExpandsTy Bowls in Clinton, which is in the former China Express space, has recently re-opened its doors under shared management and ownership with Mr. Chen's Authentic Chinese Restaurant.
- The Wild, Wild, Tasty WestCommon Ground Covenant Church will host Taste of West Jackson for a second year on Saturday, Sept. 16, at Claiborne Park from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Store-to-Freezer Sustainable Eating TipsFarm-to-table is a noble concept, but registered dietitian nutritionist Felicia Stoler says what goes on inside your home is as important as what happens at farms and food manufacturing facilities.
- Eating Out on a Student BudgetEating out on a college budget or even just a small one can be difficult, but this year's Best of Jackson winners and finalists for Meal Under $10 are good, affordable options.