Food & Drink
- OPINION: Reconnecting to FoodBecause food has such a presence in our lives, it helps shape our experience in different settings
- Taco ReinventionI'm always looking for ways to reinvent and elevate some of my favorites. These breakfast taco boats are perfect for people of all ages, and versatile enough for any meal of the day.
- Refill Café Hoping to Open New Doors for Jackson CommunityIn the early afternoon on a Friday, Jordan Butler sat outside at Cups in Fondren, sipping on a coffee after spending the day working out the kinks of a grant application for Refill Cafe, a nonprofit workforce development cafe that ...
- Foodie FactsFood can be a great equalizer, but it can also be a great divider. Recently, porch.com surveyed 1,000 people on their food preferences. Here are some of the findings.
- Shining Neon LightsThe Mississippi Children's Museum will host its fifth annual Neon Night on Saturday, July 14, from 8 p.m. to midnight. The summer fundraiser for the event is open to visitors age 21 and up.
- Love Fresh Berries? Pick ThemThis summer, instead of buying your berries from the market or store, opt for a more memorable outing at a U-Pick farm.
- Fireworks and FestivitiesCelebrate the Fourth of July this year with local businesses such as Campbell's Bakery, Nandy’s Candy and more.
- Alivia Ashburn-TownsendAlivia Ashburn-Townsend started her restaurant career off as a server at a restaurant in the Jackson metro area and says that when the kitchen would get backed up, she would jump in and help.
- OPINION: ‘Don’t Yuck My Yum’As a food educator, I spent many hours in classrooms doing taste tests, interactive cooking demos and nutrition lessons. I've seen elementary schoolers, even the so-called picky eaters, taste everything from sauteed Swiss chard, to beet smoothies to chickpea cookie ...
- Father’s Day: Things to DoYou'll have no shortage of great things to do in the Jackson metro for Father's Day this year. Here's just a few that the JFP has picked out.
- Get Fancy with Easy-to-Grow Edible FlowersI used to think that edible flowers belonged solely in the realm of fancy restaurants. Yet once I started gardening, harvesting and eating flowers seemed unavoidable—there were just so many of them, both cultivated and growing in the wild.
- Ice Cream Magic at 30 BelowRyan Parmentier says he grew up loving to cook and always wanted to own a food truck. His initial idea was to open a barbecue truck, but after trying rolled ice cream in St. Louis, Mo., he decided the Jackson ...
- Embrace the Heat with Homemade Hot SauceFarmer's markets and gardens will soon be overflowing with peppers of all kinds. What better way to embrace the Mississippi summer heat than to make some hot sauce?
- Midtown CelebrationSince Midfest's start in 2014, the street festival and block party has been focused on celebrating what the midtown area has to offer, showcasing local businesses and the creative talents of its residents.
- Rachel Phuong Le: Food’s Biggest Fan Rachel Phuong Le is preparing to launch her own restaurant, Poké Stop, in Jackson as part of the incoming Cultivation Food Hall, set to open in the District at Eastover this summer.