Food & Drink
- Local List: Ben FordWhen this year’s finalist for Best Barista Ben Ford isn’t making coffee at Deep South Pops or playing music, he’s out and about in Jackson. Here are his top nine favorite places in the metro area.
- SILAS: Hope, Hops & HokageSilas Stapleton III, better known to fans as SILAS, is blending hip-hop and hops for his upcoming album, "The Last Cherry Blossom."
- Gumbo GreatnessIn one year during the International Gumbo Festival's first iteration in the '90s, Hal White sought to make one of the world's largest pots of gumbo.
- Something Old, New, Borrowed and BlueBefore Whitney Anglin and Jeff Sharp married on June 23 at Algiers Point in New Orleans, they had an engagement party at the apartment of Fondren Barber Shop and William Wallace Salon owners Eddie Outlaw and Justin McPherson Outlaw on ...
- The People's BakeryKimberly Ruffin owns and operates local bakery Kimmiesweett, which she started as a home business around 2008 and expanded with a Northpark Mall storefront in 2017.
- Local List: Rita BrentWhen local comedienne Rita Brent is not touring the southeast for her standup comedy, she is out and about in Jackson. Here are her top nine favorite local places.
- Dawn Dugle: Telling the ‘BRAVO!’ StoryAuthor Dawn Dugle releases her book, “The BRAVO! Way,” on Nov. 1.
- Coffee and ProseA building at the corner of West Street and Millsaps Avenue sits seemingly undisturbed, appearing like just another vacant one in midtown Jackson. However, there's more than immediately meets the eye at the building, now dubbed The Monastery.
- Tropical VibesThough Sal & Mookie's New York Pizza & Ice Cream Joint was closed to the public on Monday, Aug. 6, it was filled with people and food all the same for the Chandeleur Island Brewing Company beer dinner.
- Local List: David LewisIf you've been out and about around Jackson, chances are you may have seen David Lewis, who recently became manager of the Arts Center of Mississippi. Here are his top 10 favorite local spots.
- Six Easy Ways to Support Your Local FarmersSupporting our small farmers strengthens the local economy, is better for the environment and leads to better public-health outcomes.
- Living the Natural LifeFair Trade Green, which recently reopened in Fondren, carries products such as incense made in Japan, tumbled stones from around the world and items such as herbal bath and body products.
- Cups Espresso Cafe Features New MocktailsWhile Cups Espresso Cafe in Fondren has been supplying us with needed caffeine, it's got something new now: a mocktail menu. The four new drinks are $5 each. Barist Lauren Spigner recently walked us through how to make one of ...
- Eat Your GreensIf you're vegan or vegetarian, eating at restaurants can be difficult. Luckily, Jackson has a decent amount of good options. Here are a few.
- From Mississippi with LoveThe Moscow mule is a simple, yet delicious drink made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. So why reinvent the wheel? Well, because sometimes the wheel tastes better with creme.