Food & Drink
- Happiness in Cupcake FormTreats are my personal favorite part of Valentine's Day. It's one of the only days of the year where it's acceptable to eat tons of candy and chocolate. This year, I decided to spice up some easy-to-make cupcakes for the ...
- Eat, Love and Get LocalWondering what to do this Valentine's Day? The Jackson Free Press has compiled a listing of restaurants and other businesses that can help out with your celebration is a lovely one.
- A New Executive (Chef) in TownThough chef Nicole Medrano has only been in Jackson for a year, she is making waves in the local culinary scene. After Jesse Houston stepped down as executive chef at Saltine Oyster Bar, Medrano took the helm in early January.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Urban LivingHigh Heaven Trampoline Park, which received the most votes for 2017's Best New Addition to Jackson, is a kind of wish-fulfillment factory to the vertically challenged among us.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Food & DrinkWhen you think of Italian food in the metro, Amerigo probably pops into your head. And these days, whether you're in Ridgeland or Flowood, or as far away as Nashville, you can find the restaurant and its popular menu items.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Nightlife & MusicLast year was a breakout time for Best Hip-Hop Artist winner SilaS, an unabashed anime fan.
- Can’t-Miss Food EventsOn Jan. 30, Sal & Mookie's New York Pizza & Ice Cream Joint is hosting a Wiseacre Brewing Beer Dinner.
- Building a bōlOn the first floor of the Walter Sillers building in downtown Jackson, diners whip in and out of bōl on their way to and from work in their offices. For these guests, lunch is often compressed into a fraction of ...
- Forging a New Path: Foot Print FarmsOn a frigid day in December, the slightly warm air inside one of the high tunnels, also known as natural greenhouses, at Foot Print Farms in Jackson contrasts the chilly air outside.
- Bring in the New Year, Jackson StyleOn Thursday, Dec. 29, Deep South Pops and Blazewalker Pictures will host the After-Mas Music Festival in the Highland Village courtyard (4500 Interstate 55 N.).
- Local Holiday EatsCheck out this list of restaurants and businesses that have holiday specials.
- Give Local'Tis the season for giving gifts, so why not shop local during this holiday season? Here are some fun ideas from local businesses.
- A Prodigal Chef ReturnsWhen Chaz Lindsay left his Belhaven home at the age of 18 for the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, N.Y., he didn't anticipate that his travels would eventually land him back in Jackson.
- Jamaica By Way of JacksonA vibrant palm tree stands on an East Capitol Street business' sign, sticking out among the gray office buildings and collection of mile-high windows. As soon as people see the tree, they know they have arrived somewhere a little different: ...
- Take-out for ThanksgivingIf you don’t want to cook this Thanksgiving, let local businesses help you out.