Food & Drink
- Local Holiday EatsCheck out this list of restaurants and businesses that have holiday specials.
- Give Local'Tis the season for giving gifts, so why not shop local during this holiday season? Here are some fun ideas from local businesses.
- A Prodigal Chef ReturnsWhen Chaz Lindsay left his Belhaven home at the age of 18 for the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, N.Y., he didn't anticipate that his travels would eventually land him back in Jackson.
- Jamaica By Way of JacksonA vibrant palm tree stands on an East Capitol Street business' sign, sticking out among the gray office buildings and collection of mile-high windows. As soon as people see the tree, they know they have arrived somewhere a little different: ...
- Take-out for ThanksgivingIf you don’t want to cook this Thanksgiving, let local businesses help you out.
- It Takes a Sushi VillageKenny Li and his wife, Wei Xia, of Fujian, China, opened Sushi Village in 2013 after selling the Chinese buffet that he ran off Highway 49 in Richland.
- How to Make Sugar SkullsSugar skulls, which can be made using ingredients such as clay, sugar or even chocolate, represent someone who has died. They often have departed soul's names on them and are placed on the ofrendas to honor the spirit.
- Treat Yo’ Self This HalloweenThis year, Campbell's will have Halloween cookies and iced teacakes, and customers can also order pumpkin cheesecake for fall events and parties.
- Celebrating Cuban CultureOn Saturday, Oct. 15, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., the Latin-American Business Association, or LABA-Link, of Mississippi is hosting the state's fifth annual LatinFest at the Multipurpose Complex in Canton, and this year's event will celebrate Cuba.
- Fair Food: Inspected and Ready to EatThe Mississippi State Department of Health wrapped up inspections of 130 food booths at the State Fair right before it opened on Wednesday night.
- Keep Calm, Gumbo OnEach year, Jackson area restaurants and foodies gather together for two reasons: to celebrate Hal White's legacy and to see who makes the best gumbo.
- Don’t Go Fair-Food CrazyLike most state fairs, the Mississippi State Fair isn't exactly the place where you can always find the healthiest food. But why would you want to? Most people go for a day or two, and they want to have fun ...
- Interesting Foods to Try at the Mississippi State FairFairs tend to attract people from all over the nation, and many of them have interesting foods to try.
- Keeping Things LocalDavid Raines, a professional chef in Madison with more than 14 years of experience in restaurants around the United States and the world, decided to go into business as a butcher with the opening of The Flora Butcher on Aug. ...
- 14 Great Things About JacksonThe Jackson Free Press has officially been in business for 14 years this week. Yay, us! A lot has changed for the JFP since the early days in a one-bedroom apartment on Fortification Street, and much has changed in Jackson ...