Food & Drink
- Cultivating New FoodThis summer, Jackson will have another addition to its food scene: the Cultivation Food Hall at The District at Eastover.
- A Cheesy Good TimeThe Belhaven Grilled Cheese Fest is on Sunday, April 29, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Brunch Bunch, 2018Weekend brunch has really come into its own in recent years in the capital city. Now that spring has sprung, it's the perfect time to enjoy a leisurely late weekend break.
- Eats on the MoveAs we get closer and closer to summer, it's time to start going outside more often, and we're seeing more food trucks popping up around the capital city. Let's celebrate the season with these Best of Jackson winners and finalists.
- Eddie Hernandez and Susan PuckettEddie Hernandez co-owns Taqueria del Sol, a chain of Mexican restaurants in Georgia. He recently published "Turnip Greens & Tortillas," which features his southern food-meets-Mexican recipes, with writer Susan Puckett.
- Best of Jackson, Spring EditionIt's officially spring time, which means it's the season for things like sitting outside, enjoying cold beers and eating more seafood.
- Of Bunnies and BrunchThere's plenty going on in and around Jackson for Easter this year. Here's just a few of them.
- Cinnamon Roll CravingsMichael Harris' business, Your Cravings Gourmet Cinnamon Rolls, sprung from a family tradition.
- The Lucky Round-UpPlenty of local places have plans for this year's Hal's St. Paddy's Parade in Jackson. Here's a list of some of the festivities to be found this weekend.
- Happiest HoursHappy hours are always one of the best ways to wind down from a busy week, and luckily, Jackson has some great choices.
- Angelo’s Unlikely PairingAt Angelo's, the tables are stocked with Italian and pizzeria staples such as shakers of parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper, and something more unusual for an Italian restaurant: squeeze bottles full of barbecue sauce.
- Food Trucks, BBQ & Tequila BarrelsFood Truck Mash-up, a food truck competition that USA Today Network first started in New Jersey 12 years ago, is coming to Mississippi on Saturday, March 24, at Trustmark Park.
- Sampling JacksonKreskin Torres pulls up a photo of a dish at 1693 Red Zone Grill on his phone: grilled fish and shrimp in a crawfish sauce on a bed of Cajun rice. "You see what I had to deal with?" Torres ...
- Sweetheart SpecialsLocal restaurants such as 1908 Provisions will have decadent specials this Valentine’s Day.
- A Super Bowl for the Super HungryHere are just a few places in the capital city where you can grab a bite to eat, a beer to drink and a good seat for Super Bowl LII this Sunday, Feb. 4.