Food & Drink
- Best of Jackson 2018: Food and DrinkWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food--you get the idea. There's nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We're officially in our 16th award season. ...
- Best of Jackson 2018: PeopleWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food--you get the idea. There's nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We're officially in our 16th award season. ...
- Fermenting in TraditionAfter mingling over goodies such as sauerkraut, mustard and kimchi, and a sampling of sake (Japanese rice wine), we began a sake and wine fermentation workshop at Sweet & Sauer's fermentation kitchen in The Hatch on Dec. 13, 2017.
- The Pasta Stepping StoneIn February 2017, Chaz Lindsay began a business he thought was much needed in his hometown: the Belhaven Pasta Company.
- Ring in the New YearRing in 2018 with help from local businesses. Find more New Year’s Event happenings at jfpevents.com.
- Timothy PakronFor Gulfport native Timothy Pakron, cooking is a form of art. Pakron, who is a visual artist, photographer and home cook, has spent the last six years in New York City but moved to Jackson recently to write "The Mississippi ...
- Local Ho-Ho HolidaysThis holiday season, many local restaurants and businesses can help any Jacksonians who are looking for help with preparations.
- Jeremy LovingFor Jeremy Loving, who works as a bartender at Lou's Full-Serv in Belhaven, creating an atmosphere for his customers is a major part of his job. He says he strives to incorporate his personality into every customer's experience.
- Best of Jackson: HolidayWe're just about into December now, with Thanksgiving over and the holidays just getting started. This is a time to plan for future gatherings.
- Holiday Side FavoritesThough holiday dinners are often centered around turkey, the side dishes that accompany them are also important. They are often personal and family traditions, and shared recipes.
- Jingle Bells and Local CelebrationMississippi Children's Museum will host Santa Saturdays every week from Nov. 25 to Dec. 23.
- Your Thanksgiving GuideThis year, celebrate Thanksgiving with family—and through buying locally.
- Eat and Play LocallyA good way to get connected to Jackson's foodie scene is to participate in local food events, and luckily, Jackson has a few in the next couple of weeks. Here are some of the ones to check out.
- Matthew KajdanEstelle Wine Bar & Bistro Executive Chef Matthew Kajdan says that his favorite dish to make at the bistro is the grilled redfish.
- Spooky and LocalThere's plenty of spooky Halloween events going on in the Jackson Metro this year. Here are just a few of them.