- Need to Know InfoImportant information on utilities and other services for people living in Jackson.
- Challenging TriviaSometimes it can be hard to know what to do after work, especially in a new city. Luckily, Jackson's nightlife scene includes several family-friendly options that are fun for everyone.
- One With NatureJackson may be a mid-sized city, but it has one thing going for it due to its land size: lots of green space in the city and metro area. Here are a few walking trails that allow you to commune ...
- Exploring Jackson’s HistoryJackson is a city overflowing with history—civil-war history, civil-rights history, prehistory and much more. For decades it's been a cultural hub in the South, a testament to the good and the bad here. These are some of its best museums ...
- Top 10: Joshua QuinnJoshua Quinn is constantly empowering young men of color through his position as chief executive officer of the BARS Institute, but in his free time, you can find him around town. Here are some of his favorite places in Jackson.
- Headed Back to SchoolThe start of the school year is right around the corner. Make sure your children are prepared and have all the school supplies they need.
- Five Ways to Make A Room Look BiggerSmaller properties can quickly start to feel quite cramped and claustrophobic, causing undue stress. There are, however, a few simple tricks we can employ to turn our small spaces into places we love to show off.
- Fireworks, Friends and Local EventsCelebrate the Fourth of July with some local events.
- Make Dad a Happy ManNeed something to get your dad for Father’s Day? Why not try shopping local? Here are some ideas.
- Top 11: Thabi MoyoThabi Moyo isn’t just the production and workforce manager for the Mississippi Film Office. She’s also a photographer, videographer and jewelry designer. Here are her top 10 favorite local places in Jackson.
- Five Ways to Make Your Road Trips BetterEvery year, millions of people embrace the journey that is a road trip. You never know what can happen on the road. So, making a plan can make a huge difference. Here are some of the tips.
- LEGO Resin NecklaceResin might be a tricky medium to master, but once you figure out how to do it, you can use it to make so many things. While I have created many shapes with resin, one of my personal favorites has ...
- Run and Give BackOne of the best ways to show progress in running is to do some kind of race, whether that's a 5K or a full marathon, and everything in between.
- Summer Festivals and EventsThe Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum will host the Mississippi Pickle Fest on Saturday, June 15, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Top 10: Kristen Tordella-WilliamsWith me teaching a furniture-making class at Millsaps College this semester, spending a good portion of last summer renovating my kitchen and my husband giving me a record player for Christmas, I've centered my Local List to local suppliers for ...