- Get Fancy with Easy-to-Grow Edible FlowersI used to think that edible flowers belonged solely in the realm of fancy restaurants. Yet once I started gardening, harvesting and eating flowers seemed unavoidable—there were just so many of them, both cultivated and growing in the wild.
- Tara Blumenthal: All About YogaTara Blumenthal, who owns Tara Yoga, has been a yoga teacher for 15 years, so she has seen how it has grown and changed.
- EDITOR'S NOTE: Move ... Because Your Life Depends On ItRunning is an intense exercise, so while it may be amazing for some people, it may be tough for others. But find a thing you can do, and do it.
- OPINION: The Right Way to Respond to Drug AddictionToday in Mississippi, taxpayers fund two contradictory approaches to people struggling with drug addiction. One results in an arrest and possibly jail time. The other offers people health-based treatment.
- Midtown CelebrationSince Midfest's start in 2014, the street festival and block party has been focused on celebrating what the midtown area has to offer, showcasing local businesses and the creative talents of its residents.
- OPINION: Anti-Abortion Laws Won’t Stop Abortions. Eradicating Poverty Could."Making it more difficult for residents to access abortions won’t stop women from doing so. ... We must first address the No. 1 factor that appears to drive the demand for abortion: poverty."
- Anime Fest ChecklistThe Mississippi Anime Festival, which takes place March 10 at the Mississippi Trade Mart, brings together vendors, special guests, artists, cosplayers and more under one roof to celebrate Japanese animation and pop culture.
- Mississippi Blues Marathon Comes BackThe sound of blues music and sneakers hitting the pavement will fill the streets of Jackson on Saturday, Jan. 27, during the Mississippi Blues Marathon.
- Best of Jackson 2018: Urban LivingWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food--you get the idea. There's nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We're officially in our 16th award season. ...
- Best of Jackson 2018: PeopleWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food--you get the idea. There's nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We're officially in our 16th award season. ...
- Making Healthy ChangesWe often get caught up in wanting to look a certain way, and can easily be discouraged when we don't reach our goals overnight. I encourage my patients to strive to be healthier, and not to base their motivation for ...
- Starry Skies and SneakersIf you know me, you probably know that Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers are one of my most favorite things in the world. I have probably about 10 to 15 pairs. (I haven't counted lately).
- Interrupting the Poverty Cycle: Looking Back to Move Forward in MississippiOtibehia Allen's days in the Mississippi Delta start and end with her five children—three boys and two girls. She feeds them. Clothes them. Their well-being rests on her shoulders. She does it all on her own.
- Stocking StuffersFilling stockings with local gifts can make it way more fun, and you can fill them with almost anything. Candy, jewelry, food, socks ... a bottle of bloody Mary mix if your stocking is big enough and the stocking owner ...
- Junie B. Jones, Batman and PuppetsFor the fourth time, the Mississippi Puppetry Guild will do a production of "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells."