- DIY Lotion BarsMaking your own self-care products is a great way to save money and reduce your impact on the environment. This could also be a great creative gift idea for the holidays, which are definitely going to catch you by surprise ...
- Best of Jackson: SpinWhether you're looking to lose pounds or just trying to stay healthy, spinning is a great option. Jacksonians take their cardio seriously, so it's no surprise that readers took to the digital polls to put their votes in for the ...
- A Space for Small BusinessDavid Robertson opened Triad Business Centers in 2010 and made it an LLC in 2012. At the time of its opening, it was one of the only locally owned business incubator spaces of its kind.
- OPINION: Time to Give Mississippians Access to Medical MarijuanaGiven the current crisis associated with widespread opioid abuse, dependence and deaths, Mississippi’s leaders must find an effective and safer alternative to prescribing narcotic medications.
- OPINION: Changing the Narrative of South Jackson One Project at a TimeMore business partnerships are needed around this city to get things moving in the right direction. We plan to continue to make this happen.
- Something Old, New, Borrowed and BlueBefore Whitney Anglin and Jeff Sharp married on June 23 at Algiers Point in New Orleans, they had an engagement party at the apartment of Fondren Barber Shop and William Wallace Salon owners Eddie Outlaw and Justin McPherson Outlaw on ...
- Local List: Rita BrentWhen local comedienne Rita Brent is not touring the southeast for her standup comedy, she is out and about in Jackson. Here are her top nine favorite local places.
- A Galaxy in a JarI love to browse through images from the Hubble telescope. It gives such a cool view of space and all that happens in it. Those photos often inspire my work in more ways than one. Last night, they inspired me ...
- Local List: David LewisIf you've been out and about around Jackson, chances are you may have seen David Lewis, who recently became manager of the Arts Center of Mississippi. Here are his top 10 favorite local spots.
- Living the Natural LifeFair Trade Green, which recently reopened in Fondren, carries products such as incense made in Japan, tumbled stones from around the world and items such as herbal bath and body products.
- A’Walkin’ We Will GoThe Jackson metro is filled with great places to go for a walk. Here are just a few of them.
- Plugging Kids into Mental HealthNFusion Metro is a community-based mental-health-care program primarily for ages 11 to 18 years old in the Jackson area. During the summer, counselors are doing themed weeks for their lesson time.
- OPINION: Breastfeeding Key to Improving Child and Maternal Health in MississippiIf we want to improve the health outcome of babies and increase the number of those that reach their first birthday and beyond, we must center our efforts on removing systemic barriers to breastfeeding.
- Inking AlongArt supplies do not always have to be pricey. Did you know you can make alcohol ink with just a few household supplies and things you probably have on hand? Here's how.
- A Salty Kind of RelaxationSoul Synergy Center's salt cave is not a cave in the normal sense. It's a small room at the center of the building meant to simulate a real salt cave.