- Death by Broken HeartMany issues come to light if some relationships are not going as expected. The question I ask is, do we really understand how dangerous breaking a heart can be?
- Mississippians Deserve Therapeutic AlternativesAcupuncture, a traditional Chinese therapy that involves the insertion of thin needles through the skin at strategic points, is one of the oldest, most commonly used medical procedures in the world.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Urban LivingHigh Heaven Trampoline Park, which received the most votes for 2017's Best New Addition to Jackson, is a kind of wish-fulfillment factory to the vertically challenged among us.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Community & CultureIn the world of Top-40 radio, Y101 is one of the stations that stands out, and not just because it earned two Best of Jackson titles, Best Radio Personality and Best Radio Station, yet again.
- Running the BluesWe're at the beginning of the year, so besides making resolutions, that means another thing: It's time for the Mississippi Blues Marathon. This year's event is Saturday, Jan. 7.
- Out With the Old, In With the NewThe most common resolution people make is to be healthier. And at the end of the day, good health is the most valuable asset that we can posses.
- Forging a New Path: Foot Print FarmsOn a frigid day in December, the slightly warm air inside one of the high tunnels, also known as natural greenhouses, at Foot Print Farms in Jackson contrasts the chilly air outside.
- Last-Minute FunChristmas has been approaching ever so slowly, but now it seems to be coming in at warp speed. If you're still trying to find last-minute gifts and stocking stuffers, here are some local, unique items to pick up.
- Love Thy Neighbor: How to Connect in Divided TimesYou can't sugarcoat it. In the wake of the 2016 presidential campaign, these are tough, divisive times. We're all hearing a lot about how Americans don't talk to people who disagree with them, especially between races and economic classes.
- Give Local'Tis the season for giving gifts, so why not shop local during this holiday season? Here are some fun ideas from local businesses.
- Pretty HolidaysThis Christmas, don't forget that your loved ones should feel beautiful and pampered, too. Here are some items from local stores that can help.
- Try This at HomeWhile it's nice to get a facial or a blow-out sometimes, taking care of your skin or hair or nails doesn't always have to be a big deal.
- Healthy Tips for Holiday Parties"I ask my patients to demonstrate thanks for our earthly bodies by attempting to make them healthier."
- A Festive, Local HolidayThe impending holiday season means stuffing our faces with tons of food and congregating with family and friends, but it also means something else: The shopping season is about to begin. This holiday, make sure you support Mississippi craftmakers.
- Our True Mental StatesSo 18.1 percent of the total U.S. population has a mental illness, and 50 percent of adults are likely to experience some type of mental illness in their lifetime. And yet we don't talk about it. Many of us see ...