- Prep for the Long HaulSt. Paddy's Parade weekend is a marathon, not a sprint. As such, it's important to plan ahead and be prepared.
- What Do You Know About Being Green?It's time for the annual Hal's St. Paddy's Parade & Festival. To make sure you get where you want to be, when you want to be there, the Jackson Free Press wanted to provide a helpful guide for the day's ...
- Use the T-word: Trauma Matters, Must Be TreatedWithout an understanding of trauma—what often lies beneath the surface of a child who was taken out of an abusive home or a teenager in juvenile detention—the wounds won't heal.
- Spring-Time SneezesAllergy sufferers have the desire to enjoy the wonderful weather and all the joy that nature brings, but we suffer more during this time of year than any other because of our allergies.
- Sweetness Fest Takes a Run Against ObesitySweetness Fest organizers hope that only one thing gets bigger in the event's fight against obesity: participation.
- Touch a Truck JacksonJunior League of Jackson will host its fourth annual Touch a Truck Jackson event on March 24 and 25 at Trustmark Park in Pearl.
- Death by Broken HeartMany issues come to light if some relationships are not going as expected. The question I ask is, do we really understand how dangerous breaking a heart can be?
- Mississippians Deserve Therapeutic AlternativesAcupuncture, a traditional Chinese therapy that involves the insertion of thin needles through the skin at strategic points, is one of the oldest, most commonly used medical procedures in the world.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Urban LivingHigh Heaven Trampoline Park, which received the most votes for 2017's Best New Addition to Jackson, is a kind of wish-fulfillment factory to the vertically challenged among us.
- Best of Jackson 2017: Community & CultureIn the world of Top-40 radio, Y101 is one of the stations that stands out, and not just because it earned two Best of Jackson titles, Best Radio Personality and Best Radio Station, yet again.
- Running the BluesWe're at the beginning of the year, so besides making resolutions, that means another thing: It's time for the Mississippi Blues Marathon. This year's event is Saturday, Jan. 7.
- Out With the Old, In With the NewThe most common resolution people make is to be healthier. And at the end of the day, good health is the most valuable asset that we can posses.
- Forging a New Path: Foot Print FarmsOn a frigid day in December, the slightly warm air inside one of the high tunnels, also known as natural greenhouses, at Foot Print Farms in Jackson contrasts the chilly air outside.
- Last-Minute FunChristmas has been approaching ever so slowly, but now it seems to be coming in at warp speed. If you're still trying to find last-minute gifts and stocking stuffers, here are some local, unique items to pick up.
- Love Thy Neighbor: How to Connect in Divided TimesYou can't sugarcoat it. In the wake of the 2016 presidential campaign, these are tough, divisive times. We're all hearing a lot about how Americans don't talk to people who disagree with them, especially between races and economic classes.