- Five Ways to Make A Room Look BiggerSmaller properties can quickly start to feel quite cramped and claustrophobic, causing undue stress. There are, however, a few simple tricks we can employ to turn our small spaces into places we love to show off.
- Fireworks, Friends and Local EventsCelebrate the Fourth of July with some local events.
- Make Dad a Happy ManNeed something to get your dad for Father’s Day? Why not try shopping local? Here are some ideas.
- Top 11: Thabi MoyoThabi Moyo isn’t just the production and workforce manager for the Mississippi Film Office. She’s also a photographer, videographer and jewelry designer. Here are her top 10 favorite local places in Jackson.
- Five Ways to Make Your Road Trips BetterEvery year, millions of people embrace the journey that is a road trip. You never know what can happen on the road. So, making a plan can make a huge difference. Here are some of the tips.
- LEGO Resin NecklaceResin might be a tricky medium to master, but once you figure out how to do it, you can use it to make so many things. While I have created many shapes with resin, one of my personal favorites has ...
- Run and Give BackOne of the best ways to show progress in running is to do some kind of race, whether that's a 5K or a full marathon, and everything in between.
- Summer Festivals and EventsThe Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum will host the Mississippi Pickle Fest on Saturday, June 15, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Top 10: Kristen Tordella-WilliamsWith me teaching a furniture-making class at Millsaps College this semester, spending a good portion of last summer renovating my kitchen and my husband giving me a record player for Christmas, I've centered my Local List to local suppliers for ...
- Tips for the Lazy GardenerIf you're like me and would rather let nature do most of the work in your yard, here are some spring gardening tips that require minimal effort.
- Caring for Natural Hair with Fran AlexanderThough Signature Hair Lounge specializes in weaves, Fran Alexander is knowledgeable about all types of hair. The Jackson Free Press recently talked to her over the phone about caring for natural hair.
- Top 9: Melvin RobinsonMelvin Robinson is a local podcaster, videographer and entrepreneur that you can always find out and about, whether shooting something for 242 Creative or just hanging out at Offbeat. Here are his top nine favorite places in Jackson.
- DIY Upholstered HeadboardI wanted to give my bedroom a facelift for the new year, and I decided the perfect start would be a glam new headboard. The whole thing came together for under $50 (not including tools), and I am in love ...
- Trendy TimesSome wedding trends never end, and some are timeless, like white dresses, destination weddings, churches and more. We want them to stay, but there a few trends that are new and just as beautiful as the classics.
- Love, Life and Local EventsThis Valentine’s Day, celebrate by supporting local businesses and restaurants, and attending local events.