- Making Healthy ChangesWe often get caught up in wanting to look a certain way, and can easily be discouraged when we don't reach our goals overnight. I encourage my patients to strive to be healthier, and not to base their motivation for ...
- Starry Skies and SneakersIf you know me, you probably know that Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers are one of my most favorite things in the world. I have probably about 10 to 15 pairs. (I haven't counted lately).
- Interrupting the Poverty Cycle: Looking Back to Move Forward in MississippiOtibehia Allen's days in the Mississippi Delta start and end with her five children—three boys and two girls. She feeds them. Clothes them. Their well-being rests on her shoulders. She does it all on her own.
- Stocking StuffersFilling stockings with local gifts can make it way more fun, and you can fill them with almost anything. Candy, jewelry, food, socks ... a bottle of bloody Mary mix if your stocking is big enough and the stocking owner ...
- Junie B. Jones, Batman and PuppetsFor the fourth time, the Mississippi Puppetry Guild will do a production of "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells."
- Jingle Bells and Local CelebrationMississippi Children's Museum will host Santa Saturdays every week from Nov. 25 to Dec. 23.
- Meeya ThomasMeeya Thomas stands 5 feet and 2 inches tall—about three inches short of the national average for women. She says that because of her height, she loves to wear heels, and that is where her inspiration for her shoe designs ...
- Best of Jackson: Spin CycleSometimes exercise may seem boring, but if you find the right activity, it can feel more like fun than a chore. Indoor cycling, or spin, is a way to do that, and Jackson has a few spin instructors. Here are ...
- The Darker Side of Social MediaYoung people are much more impressionable than adults, and in many unfortunate scenarios, allow their peers to impact their self-image.
- A Mental Self-Care Plan for FallFall is the season for drawing inward and preparing for the stillness of winter.
- Crystal Kelly"When people see my cake jars, and they see purple towels or purple spoons, they already know that’s Cakes by Crystal."
- Redefining Royalty: A Look Inside Jackson’s Drag CultureZachary Salter, who performs as Tara Shay Montgomery, says his drag persona is an extension of his own personality.
- Keeping Art in MindOn the last Wednesday of each month at the Mississippi Museum of Art, participants in one of the museum's classes paint colorful swirls and patterns in an effort to, in a sense, jog their memory.
- On the Road AgainRoad trips can be fun, but they can also be a hassle. After traveling a bunch over the last few months, I've picked up on some tips that make road trips go a lot smoother. Here are 9 of them.
- Dear Pam: Stay in Your LaneIf a so-called activist organization doesn't have the analysis to look at how their suggestions play out for people across income, race, disability and regional lines, then I suggest they should not challenge any city leaders to anything until they ...