- Gifting Local JoyChristmas is coming up soon! Do you have all your shopping done? Here are some handmade and local ideas.
- Sweets & SucculentsThe first thing people might see when they walk into The Prickly Hippie is not the titular "prickly" cacti, but instead a bevy of soft sweets in the dessert case.
- Resin for the HolidaysIf you've been on Instagram lately, chances are you've probably seen artists who create ornaments, key chains, and more using resin and alcohol ink. It sounds like intimidating crafting, but it's not as hard as you may think.
- DIY Sugar ScrubsSugar scrubs were my "gateway project" into DIY self-care, because they're so easy to put together and inexpensive.
- Local List: Mallory PalmertreeMallory Palmertree is both an artist and a tattoo artist for frequent Best of Jackson winner Electric Dagger. When she’s not tattooing, she’s out and about in Jackson. Here are her 10 favorite places.
- Finding the Lost BattalionThe stuff of legends! There are many books and movies about the six days of hell the Lost Battalion endured.
- DIY Like a VillainHalloween is just around the corner, and we are sure that many people are still trying to figure out which character they will be cruising the trick-or-treat scene as. It may seem late in the game, but creating a costume ...
- Be Active & Help Beat Breast CancerYou may already be aware that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but you might not know just how much people in the Jackson metro area show out to help put an end to the disease.
- Local List: Ben FordWhen this year’s finalist for Best Barista Ben Ford isn’t making coffee at Deep South Pops or playing music, he’s out and about in Jackson. Here are his top nine favorite places in the metro area.
- Bringing the River Back to LifeThe Mississippi River Basin Model, a National Civil Engineering Landmark, is in bad shape; however, compared to the last time I wrote about it for the Jackson Free Press, it has improved, thanks to the Friends of the Mississippi River ...
- DIY Lotion BarsMaking your own self-care products is a great way to save money and reduce your impact on the environment. This could also be a great creative gift idea for the holidays, which are definitely going to catch you by surprise ...
- BOJ Spin: Chris BakerWhether you're looking to lose pounds or just trying to stay healthy, spinning is a great option. Jacksonians take their cardio seriously, so it's no surprise that readers took to the digital polls to put their votes in for the ...
- A Space for Small BusinessDavid Robertson opened Triad Business Centers in 2010 and made it an LLC in 2012. At the time of its opening, it was one of the only locally owned business incubator spaces of its kind.
- OPINION: Time to Give Mississippians Access to Medical MarijuanaGiven the current crisis associated with widespread opioid abuse, dependence and deaths, Mississippi’s leaders must find an effective and safer alternative to prescribing narcotic medications.
- OPINION: Changing the Narrative of South Jackson One Project at a TimeMore business partnerships are needed around this city to get things moving in the right direction. We plan to continue to make this happen.