- Tips for the Lazy GardenerIf you're like me and would rather let nature do most of the work in your yard, here are some spring gardening tips that require minimal effort.
- Caring for Natural Hair with Fran AlexanderThough Signature Hair Lounge specializes in weaves, Fran Alexander is knowledgeable about all types of hair. The Jackson Free Press recently talked to her over the phone about caring for natural hair.
- Top 9: Melvin RobinsonMelvin Robinson is a local podcaster, videographer and entrepreneur that you can always find out and about, whether shooting something for 242 Creative or just hanging out at Offbeat. Here are his top nine favorite places in Jackson.
- DIY Upholstered HeadboardI wanted to give my bedroom a facelift for the new year, and I decided the perfect start would be a glam new headboard. The whole thing came together for under $50 (not including tools), and I am in love ...
- Trendy TimesSome wedding trends never end, and some are timeless, like white dresses, destination weddings, churches and more. We want them to stay, but there a few trends that are new and just as beautiful as the classics.
- Love, Life and Local EventsThis Valentine’s Day, celebrate by supporting local businesses and restaurants, and attending local events.
- Best of Jackson 2019: Urban LivingWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food—you get the idea. There’s nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We’re officially in our 17th award season. ...
- Best of Jackson 2019: Community and CultureWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food—you get the idea. There’s nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We’re officially in our 17th award season. ...
- Handmade LotionHere is a simple lotion recipe to help get you through this cold, dry season (since I'm told we can't just sleep until March.)
- The Most Intriguing of 2018If you're glad to see 2019 finally here, you're not alone in that sentiment. The last year was a crazy and draining one, to say the least, but crazy often means that intriguing people came out of the woodwork. Here ...
- Local List: Catherine LeePeople may not know this about me, but Iim a homebody. I travel a good amount, so when Iim in Jackson I like to hang out on my deck with my husband and dogs. When I do venture out of ...
- Ring in the Jackson New Year2018 has flown by fast, and 2019 is fast approaching. Celebrate the new year with these events from local businesses, restaurants and people.
- Gifting Local JoyChristmas is coming up soon! Do you have all your shopping done? Here are some handmade and local ideas.
- Sweets & SucculentsThe first thing people might see when they walk into The Prickly Hippie is not the titular "prickly" cacti, but instead a bevy of soft sweets in the dessert case.
- Resin for the HolidaysIf you've been on Instagram lately, chances are you've probably seen artists who create ornaments, key chains, and more using resin and alcohol ink. It sounds like intimidating crafting, but it's not as hard as you may think.