- Best of Jackson 2017: Community & CultureIn the world of Top-40 radio, Y101 is one of the stations that stands out, and not just because it earned two Best of Jackson titles, Best Radio Personality and Best Radio Station, yet again.
- Running the BluesWe're at the beginning of the year, so besides making resolutions, that means another thing: It's time for the Mississippi Blues Marathon. This year's event is Saturday, Jan. 7.
- Out With the Old, In With the NewThe most common resolution people make is to be healthier. And at the end of the day, good health is the most valuable asset that we can posses.
- Forging a New Path: Foot Print FarmsOn a frigid day in December, the slightly warm air inside one of the high tunnels, also known as natural greenhouses, at Foot Print Farms in Jackson contrasts the chilly air outside.
- Last-Minute FunChristmas has been approaching ever so slowly, but now it seems to be coming in at warp speed. If you're still trying to find last-minute gifts and stocking stuffers, here are some local, unique items to pick up.
- Love Thy Neighbor: How to Connect in Divided TimesYou can't sugarcoat it. In the wake of the 2016 presidential campaign, these are tough, divisive times. We're all hearing a lot about how Americans don't talk to people who disagree with them, especially between races and economic classes.
- Give Local'Tis the season for giving gifts, so why not shop local during this holiday season? Here are some fun ideas from local businesses.
- Pretty HolidaysThis Christmas, don't forget that your loved ones should feel beautiful and pampered, too. Here are some items from local stores that can help.
- Try This at HomeWhile it's nice to get a facial or a blow-out sometimes, taking care of your skin or hair or nails doesn't always have to be a big deal.
- Healthy Tips for Holiday Parties"I ask my patients to demonstrate thanks for our earthly bodies by attempting to make them healthier."
- A Festive, Local HolidayThe impending holiday season means stuffing our faces with tons of food and congregating with family and friends, but it also means something else: The shopping season is about to begin. This holiday, make sure you support Mississippi craftmakers.
- Our True Mental StatesSo 18.1 percent of the total U.S. population has a mental illness, and 50 percent of adults are likely to experience some type of mental illness in their lifetime. And yet we don't talk about it. Many of us see ...
- Blissful BridesStressed brides may find needed help on the third floor of Banner Hall. There they'll find Bliss Bride, the newest endeavor of Bliss Gift & Home.
- STDs: What You Need to KnowAs a primary-care physician, I am commissioned to give advice to adolescents and adults about sexual activity. My core advice is to wait until marriage.
- Cycling for a CureLori Newcomb was diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer in 2013. She says that while stage III is pretty far along to be diagnosed, it is not uncommon among ovarian-cancer patients because the symptoms are difficult to detect.