- Something Old, New, Borrowed and BlueBefore Whitney Anglin and Jeff Sharp married on June 23 at Algiers Point in New Orleans, they had an engagement party at the apartment of Fondren Barber Shop and William Wallace Salon owners Eddie Outlaw and Justin McPherson Outlaw on ...
- Local List: Rita BrentWhen local comedienne Rita Brent is not touring the southeast for her standup comedy, she is out and about in Jackson. Here are her top nine favorite local places.
- A Galaxy in a JarI love to browse through images from the Hubble telescope. It gives such a cool view of space and all that happens in it. Those photos often inspire my work in more ways than one. Last night, they inspired me ...
- Local List: David LewisIf you've been out and about around Jackson, chances are you may have seen David Lewis, who recently became manager of the Arts Center of Mississippi. Here are his top 10 favorite local spots.
- Living the Natural LifeFair Trade Green, which recently reopened in Fondren, carries products such as incense made in Japan, tumbled stones from around the world and items such as herbal bath and body products.
- A’Walkin’ We Will GoThe Jackson metro is filled with great places to go for a walk. Here are just a few of them.
- Plugging Kids into Mental HealthNFusion Metro is a community-based mental-health-care program primarily for ages 11 to 18 years old in the Jackson area. During the summer, counselors are doing themed weeks for their lesson time.
- OPINION: Breastfeeding Key to Improving Child and Maternal Health in MississippiIf we want to improve the health outcome of babies and increase the number of those that reach their first birthday and beyond, we must center our efforts on removing systemic barriers to breastfeeding.
- Inking AlongArt supplies do not always have to be pricey. Did you know you can make alcohol ink with just a few household supplies and things you probably have on hand? Here's how.
- A Salty Kind of RelaxationSoul Synergy Center's salt cave is not a cave in the normal sense. It's a small room at the center of the building meant to simulate a real salt cave.
- Marble MasterpiecesWhether you like coffee, painting or just need something to put stuff in, mugs can come in pretty handy. Sadly, sometimes they can look a little boring. Why not make them prettier using just a few things you may have ...
- Get Fancy with Easy-to-Grow Edible FlowersI used to think that edible flowers belonged solely in the realm of fancy restaurants. Yet once I started gardening, harvesting and eating flowers seemed unavoidable—there were just so many of them, both cultivated and growing in the wild.
- Tara Blumenthal: All About YogaTara Blumenthal, who owns Tara Yoga, has been a yoga teacher for 15 years, so she has seen how it has grown and changed.
- EDITOR'S NOTE: Move ... Because Your Life Depends On ItRunning is an intense exercise, so while it may be amazing for some people, it may be tough for others. But find a thing you can do, and do it.
- OPINION: The Right Way to Respond to Drug AddictionToday in Mississippi, taxpayers fund two contradictory approaches to people struggling with drug addiction. One results in an arrest and possibly jail time. The other offers people health-based treatment.