- Junie B. Jones, Batman and PuppetsFor the fourth time, the Mississippi Puppetry Guild will do a production of "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells."
- Jingle Bells and Local CelebrationMississippi Children's Museum will host Santa Saturdays every week from Nov. 25 to Dec. 23.
- Meeya ThomasMeeya Thomas stands 5 feet and 2 inches tall—about three inches short of the national average for women. She says that because of her height, she loves to wear heels, and that is where her inspiration for her shoe designs ...
- Best of Jackson: Spin CycleSometimes exercise may seem boring, but if you find the right activity, it can feel more like fun than a chore. Indoor cycling, or spin, is a way to do that, and Jackson has a few spin instructors. Here are ...
- The Darker Side of Social MediaYoung people are much more impressionable than adults, and in many unfortunate scenarios, allow their peers to impact their self-image.
- A Mental Self-Care Plan for FallFall is the season for drawing inward and preparing for the stillness of winter.
- Crystal Kelly"When people see my cake jars, and they see purple towels or purple spoons, they already know that’s Cakes by Crystal."
- Redefining Royalty: A Look Inside Jackson’s Drag CultureZachary Salter, who performs as Tara Shay Montgomery, says his drag persona is an extension of his own personality.
- Keeping Art in MindOn the last Wednesday of each month at the Mississippi Museum of Art, participants in one of the museum's classes paint colorful swirls and patterns in an effort to, in a sense, jog their memory.
- On the Road AgainRoad trips can be fun, but they can also be a hassle. After traveling a bunch over the last few months, I've picked up on some tips that make road trips go a lot smoother. Here are 9 of them.
- Dear Pam: Stay in Your LaneIf a so-called activist organization doesn't have the analysis to look at how their suggestions play out for people across income, race, disability and regional lines, then I suggest they should not challenge any city leaders to anything until they ...
- Being BraveWe are scared of something, and one day we realize that if we want it enough, we will be brave and endure the pain for it. And then something even more magical happens: Every situation after that requires us to ...
- Grow Roots, Wings Where You’re PlantedOnce upon a time, I was one of the young people who wanted to get out of this place. In early high school, I imagined that after college, I would travel everywhere, living somewhere for two years at a time. ...
- Jackson Mayor Vows to Go Vegan in Light of City Health Issues "Many places in Jackson and many places in our State are considered food deserts, so it’s not only a matter of people’s willingness, but it’s about what’s available to them.”
- Got Melanin? CultureSnap Evolving Black HashtagsAlmost three years ago, Jackson native Frederick Burns decided that the black community needed its own social-media app using the words and phrases popular in the world of Black Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.