- Beware of Food AllergiesThe Food Allergy Research and Education's website, foodallergy.org, says that every day, 15 million Americans with food allergies face difficult challenges in avoiding their allergens and preventing a life-threatening reaction, which is called anaphylaxis.
- Slow and SteadyIdeally, maintaining a healthy diet and exercise program is a lifestyle decision that we should maintain year-round. But those who don't participate in a year-round healthy lifestyle must remember that weight loss is a marathon and not a sprint.
- Health and Tech Go Hand in HandThere aren't a lot of life lessons to gain from the 1998 teen horror flick "The Faculty." But when Elijah Wood's character says, "I don't think a person should run unless he's being chased," well, that's a message that just ...
- Brighten Your Backyard on a BudgetIt's easy to feel the start of the season when you have a colorful outdoor space for entertaining and relaxing.
- You Are Invited ...Alicia Stapleton, who also goes by Cookie, says she likes to use real embellishments for the wedding invitations she designs such as a small starfish for a destination wedding, or a piece of lace and a cameo pendant for a ...
- Gambling in Mississippi: State in Top 5 for Addiction, First for Related ArrestsMississippi sees the most gambling-related arrests and is in the top five states in the country for gambling addiction, a recent study from WalletHub found.
- Stop Summer Learning Loss with Structured ProgramsIn a recent conversation with a patient, she inquired about what the best scenario for her children would be during summer vacation.
- If Not for My Size"You are such a beautiful woman for your size." Yep. In 2017, someone said that to me.
- Walking the RunwayIn a rehearsal at Salsa Mississippi, nearly 30 girls line up in the dance studio, walking down the floor as though it was a runway. A live audience will soon replace the studio's large mirror at the annual Mississippi Fashion ...
- Prep for the Long HaulSt. Paddy's Parade weekend is a marathon, not a sprint. As such, it's important to plan ahead and be prepared.
- What Do You Know About Being Green?It's time for the annual Hal's St. Paddy's Parade & Festival. To make sure you get where you want to be, when you want to be there, the Jackson Free Press wanted to provide a helpful guide for the day's ...
- Use the T-word: Trauma Matters, Must Be TreatedWithout an understanding of trauma—what often lies beneath the surface of a child who was taken out of an abusive home or a teenager in juvenile detention—the wounds won't heal.
- Spring-Time SneezesAllergy sufferers have the desire to enjoy the wonderful weather and all the joy that nature brings, but we suffer more during this time of year than any other because of our allergies.
- Sweetness Fest Takes a Run Against ObesitySweetness Fest organizers hope that only one thing gets bigger in the event's fight against obesity: participation.
- Touch a Truck JacksonJunior League of Jackson will host its fourth annual Touch a Truck Jackson event on March 24 and 25 at Trustmark Park in Pearl.