- Band of the Day: RAMPeople often refer to music as the universal language bridging the gap between cultures and breaking down communication barriers. Rhythms speak to people regardless of where they're from, and that rhythm is the driving force behind Haitian dance music band ...
- Jazz Artist Pam Confer Sings 'Mississippi Beautiful' to 'Empower'The Mississippi Beautiful Day celebration kicked off at a press conference inside the Arts Center of Mississippi on May 10.
- Todd SniderTodd Snider's new album, "Cash Cabin Sessions Vol. 3," is like getting a visit from an old friend you haven't seen for a long time. It is easy, filled with laughs and at times poignant.
- Governor Bryant Proclaims May 10 as 'Mississippi Beautiful DayJazz Artist Pam Confer has a lot to be excited about! "Mississippi Beautiful," an anthem written, recorded and produced by the state's ambassador, has earned another special place in history - "Mississippi Beautiful Day."
- Troop BrandWhen Troop Brand was 5 years old, he led an adult choir at Mt. Calvary Church in Vicksburg in front of the whole congregation. Twenty-three years later, he performs in front of thousands.
- Tonya Boyd-Cannon: In the Cradle of America’s MusicSoul singer Tonya Boyd-Cannon sits in a unique place for music with her roots in Mississippi and Louisiana.
- Magnolia BayouGulfport, Miss., native Magnolia Bayou is one of several bands that is attracting notice from outside the state. The band is embarking on a national tour, which includes a stop at Jackson's Duling Hall on Friday, April 19.
- Bishop Gunn Brings Natchez Rock ‘n’ Roll to Europe and BackIn barely two years, Bishop Gunn has gone from playing local gigs around Natchez to performing before crowds of thousands around the nation, and garnering national and international acclaim.
- Josh Journeay’s ‘Down the Road’ Makes WavesJust two days after local musician Josh Journeay, 26, released his first solo album "Down the Road," on Feb. 12, 2019, the five-track EP reached No. 7 on the iTunes country music charts.
- Hal’s St. Paddy’s Festival Music LineupEach year following the Hal's St. Paddy's Parade, music artists performing live at Hal & Mal's. Here is a rundown on who is playing this year on Saturday, March 23.
- Blues in the CityFor Xperience JXN event promoter Yolanda Singleton, Betty Wright was part of her childhood. Singleton says she is "a music legend whose music transcends generations."
- Feeling Lucky and LocalCelebrate St. Patrick’s Day on March 23 with local events, including the Hal’s St. Paddy’s Parade & Festival that day.
- Courtnie Mack: Paving Her Own PathCourtnie Mack started singing when she was 7 and has been belting out cover songs of R&B, soul and gospel greats such as Kim Burrell, Tori Kelly, Priscilla Renea, and Donny and Lalah Hathaway.
- Shenandoah: Ready & ‘Reloaded’When the Dixie National Livestock Show & Rodeo returns to Jackson from Feb. 7 through Feb. 13, another southern institution will be returning with it: Grammy Award-winning country act Shenandoah.
- Best of Jackson 2019: Music and NightlifeWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food—you get the idea. There’s nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We’re officially in our 17th award season. ...