- Grady Champion Revisits His Roots with ZZ Hill Tribute AlbumAfter more than 26 years of performing, it is the universality of blues that draws Grady Champion into his genre the most, he says. The idea of getting through struggle fascinates him.
- Choir Teaches Girls About Life, MusicMississippi Girlchoir isn't just about teaching girls how to sing. It's also about empowering them to be strong leaders and letting them get experiences with performing around the world.
- The Hero and A Monster Debut ‘Always’The Hero and A Monster is comprised of Tyler Holden, who serves as guitarist and lead vocalist, and Ethan Mannon, the group's drummer and supporting vocalist. The two use their music as a form of ministry.
- Tyler, the Creator Tackles Heartbreak on ‘Igor’Tyler, the Creator's fifth studio album, "Igor," which is No. 1 on the Billboard 200 charts, is an emotional rollercoaster detailing the ups and downs of a relationship with a man.
- Building Up As Cities BurnTo longtime fans, a phoenix may seem like an apt metaphor for Louisiana-native post-hardcore act As Cities Burn, which has returned with a new album after 10 years. However, to vocalist T.J. Bonnette, the band's revival isn't as dramatic as ...
- Jamming at Cathead JamWhen creating Cathead Jam, Ardenland owner Arden Barnett wanted to have a festival that would bring musicians and fans together.
- Band of the Day: RAMPeople often refer to music as the universal language bridging the gap between cultures and breaking down communication barriers. Rhythms speak to people regardless of where they're from, and that rhythm is the driving force behind Haitian dance music band ...
- Jazz Artist Pam Confer Sings 'Mississippi Beautiful' to 'Empower'The Mississippi Beautiful Day celebration kicked off at a press conference inside the Arts Center of Mississippi on May 10.
- Todd SniderTodd Snider's new album, "Cash Cabin Sessions Vol. 3," is like getting a visit from an old friend you haven't seen for a long time. It is easy, filled with laughs and at times poignant.
- Governor Bryant Proclaims May 10 as 'Mississippi Beautiful DayJazz Artist Pam Confer has a lot to be excited about! "Mississippi Beautiful," an anthem written, recorded and produced by the state's ambassador, has earned another special place in history - "Mississippi Beautiful Day."
- Troop BrandWhen Troop Brand was 5 years old, he led an adult choir at Mt. Calvary Church in Vicksburg in front of the whole congregation. Twenty-three years later, he performs in front of thousands.
- Tonya Boyd-Cannon: In the Cradle of America’s MusicSoul singer Tonya Boyd-Cannon sits in a unique place for music with her roots in Mississippi and Louisiana.
- Magnolia BayouGulfport, Miss., native Magnolia Bayou is one of several bands that is attracting notice from outside the state. The band is embarking on a national tour, which includes a stop at Jackson's Duling Hall on Friday, April 19.
- Bishop Gunn Brings Natchez Rock ‘n’ Roll to Europe and BackIn barely two years, Bishop Gunn has gone from playing local gigs around Natchez to performing before crowds of thousands around the nation, and garnering national and international acclaim.
- Josh Journeay’s ‘Down the Road’ Makes WavesJust two days after local musician Josh Journeay, 26, released his first solo album "Down the Road," on Feb. 12, 2019, the five-track EP reached No. 7 on the iTunes country music charts.