- Artists to WatchArabella Landrum may only be a junior at Sumrall High School in Sumrall, Miss., but she has already achieved something that many other musicians won't in a lifetime: She opened for a Grammy Award-winning country artist Deana Carter on Sept. ...
- The Six-Word Musical Death SentenceFor me personally, I know, like nearly every white man who ever picked up a guitar hath known, that being a singer-songwriter does not make me one in a million. If anything, it puts me closer to "a million in ...
- Music Videos, EvolvedThe popularity of watching music videos on TV channels such as MTV and CMT has waned over the years, but the format has not lost its impact on consumers and the music industry as a whole.
- SilasRapper Silas Stapleton, whom fans know as just Silas, says he never imagined the amount of attention that would come from his debut solo album, 2016's "The Day I Died."
- Maren MorrisFor some in the music industry, there is no clearer evidence that times have changed than country artist Maren Morris.
- Love and the Lavender PenThe shooting at Orlando nightclub Pulse in June 2016 was a shock to Chris Verdugo, as it was to members of the LGBT community and supporters around the country. However, for the Florida native, it was also a call to ...
- A Star-Studded State FairThe Mississippi State Fair is never short on activities to keep visitors occupied, between the carnival games, livestock shows, rides and food—oh, so much food.
- The Avett Brothers: Learning from ‘Sadness’Fans of The Avett Brothers might not have to find the band in such high spirits based on the title of their ninth album, "True Sadness."
- Dent May: MS ConfidentialThere's a story that countless TV shows and movies have mined over the years: The small-town artist moves to the big city chasing fame and fortune.
- John De ChiaroAs a child, John De Chiaro often traveled with his stepfather, a shoemaker in New Jersey, into New York City to buy supplies, but on one trip, at about 5 years old, he wandered next door to a pawnshop and ...
- A Two-Heart SocietyHusband-and-wife music duo Teneia Sanders-Eichelberger and Ben Eichelberger have kept themselves busy over the past few years, between making Jackson their new base of operations in late 2015 and performing around the country.
- Seth PowerSinger-songwriter Seth Power may plan on putting down roots in the songwriter's Mecca, Nashville, in the near future, but for now, he says that Brandon, Miss., is his home base, and that's not a bad thing.
- Creating a CultureMusic and worship have been intertwined topics for Chris Quilala, one of the primary vocalists and leaders of the band Jesus Culture, for most of his life.
- R&B Back in ActionIn its fourth year, 2016, the Jackson Rhythm & Blues Festival moved from its former home at the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum to the Jackson Convention Complex downtown. As it turned out, however, transforming the open-air festival into a ...
- Jackson’s Best Music VenuesGoing to watch a local band can be a fun way to occupy your time, and with Jackson's roots in music, it's no surprise that we have many venues, including this year's winners Best of Jackson winners and finalists.