- Flywalker’s Next StepsThe track, "ctrlaltdelete.", is just the latest of many that Jackson producer Darrin Givens, known to fans as Flywalker, has put out on online music communities such as SoundCloud. It is primed for an up-and-coming rapper to record over it, ...
- Grace Askew: A New WarpathThe Americana realm will be well represented in this year's Stray At Home Art & Music Festival on May 13. The music lineup features nationally known singer-songwriters Marc Scibilia, Joe Pug and Zach Williams of the Lone Bellow, as well ...
- Behind Vicksburg’s BluesIf you have made your way over for one of Vicksburg's many concerts, festivals and shows in recent years, the odds are good that you've crossed paths with Shirley Waring, one of the people charged with preserving the city's musical ...
- The Weeks: ‘Easy’ WritersIt's been four years since Jackson-native rock act The Weeks released a true follow-up to their 2013 album, "Dear Bo Jackson," although the band has been far from quiet.
- The Days of DeejaysAs an artist who came up in the early-2000s hip-hop scene and still performs today, New York native Sam Zornow, whom fans know as DJ Shiftee, has experienced two different eras of deejaying.
- Revealing ‘Rigoletto’The latest production from the Mississippi Opera, "Rigoletto," may be a recognizable name even for people who aren't versed in the classics.
- The Highs and Low EndsIconic hip-hop act A Tribe Called Quest surprised many longtime listeners in late 2015 when the group seemingly began ramping up for a full return.
- Jazz Fest FellowshipHitting the "big 1-0" is a significant milestone for any annual event, which is why Raphael Semmes and Tripp Douglas wanted to do something spectacular for the 10th anniversary of the Township Jazz Festival, which takes place Saturday, April 8, ...
- Underground 119 Is BackFor all of Mississippi's storied blues history, Michael Rejebian can't pinpoint many destinations for live blues in downtown Jackson, which has been his home for the past decade.
- Weighing in on ‘Wolves’Ron Etheridge will likely be a familiar name—and voice—to many Jackson music fans.
- Starting with a BVNGAn absentee headliner wasn't exactly how Jackson natives Mitch Draper and Jonathan Nixon planned to launch their new monthly event series, the FLVSH BVNG! Art & Music Showcase, in January.
- Chuck BerryChuck Berry, rock 'n' roll's founding guitar hero and storyteller who defined the music's joy and rebellion in such classics as "Johnny B. Goode," ''Sweet Little Sixteen" and "Roll Over Beethoven," died Saturday at his home west of St. Louis. ...
- BlindFromDaTruthSteven McClenty II, known in local hip-hop circles as BlindFromDaTruth, has been building up his skill as a rapper and producer for nearly a decade.
- Local and LuckyIf you haven't heard, the Hal's St. Paddy's Day Parade & Festival is this weekend. Here is your guide to what you can do before and after.
- Brantley Gilbert: All on the TableFor several years now, Brantley Gilbert has been a big name in the world of country music.