- SIKA Digs into ‘The Meal Plan’Jessica Noxolo's solo debut, "The Meal Plan" EP, may feature a song titled "The Appetizer," but the Jackson neo-soul artist, who performs as SIKA, says she sees the recording project itself as a teaser of things to come.
- American AquariumChange has long been the status quo for singer-songwriter BJ Barham of alternative-country act American Aquarium, but rarely has so much happened in such a short span of time.
- A Look Inside Luke AudioFlora, Miss., native Allen Luke turned his years of tinkering with musical equipment into a full-time career as the founder of Luke Audio in Nashville, Tenn.
- Presidents, Pop Stars Join in Epic Farewell to Queen of SoulFormer presidents and preachers joined a parade of pop stars Friday in a singing, hip-swaying, piano-pounding farewell to Aretha Franklin, remembering the Queen of Soul as a powerful force for musical and political change and a steadfast friend.
- Liza Anne: Moving Forward to ‘Fine’When singer-songwriter Liza Odachowski, whom fans know as Liza Anne, selected a studio for her third album, "Fine But Dying," her choice revolved around atmosphere rather than equipment.
- Rock EuporaClayton Waller says he knew that he wanted to be in the music industry but was on the fence as to whether that would be on the artist side or the business side.
- Lyle LovettSinger-songwriter Lyle Lovett has been a constant presence in the international music scene since his second single, "Cowboy Man," made its way into the top 10 on the country charts in 1986.
- AP Newsbreak: 'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin Dies at 76Aretha Franklin, the undisputed "Queen of Soul" who sang with matchless style on such classics as "Think," ''I Say a Little Prayer" and her signature song, "Respect," and stood as a cultural icon around the globe, has died at age ...
- Robert Randolph & the Family BandThe City with Soul will once again welcome the man behind "Got Soul" this month. New Jersey outfit Robert Randolph & the Family Band will return to Jackson on Aug. 11 to play for the 14th annual Bright Lights Belhaven ...
- Reinventing the Release PlanWithout the financial support and connections of a record label, getting the word out about a new recording project is no easy task. We at the JFP decided to put together some tips for local artists and bands looking to ...
- Elvis PresleyElvis Presley's Mississippi hometown could create a tourism partnership with the German city where he lived while serving in the U.S. Army.
- Malaco’s Gospel MilestoneDarrell Luster, a native of Durham, N.C., has held his current position at Malaco Music Group for about six years, but his connection to the Jackson record label began with him as a fan.
- Arts on the (Drum) LineThe Mississippi Alumni All-star Band is preparing for the Independence Showdown, an annual competition featuring marching bands from states such as Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio and Michigan.
- Amanda Shires: The Road to ‘Sunset’Amanda Shires' fifth album, "To the Sunset," probably features a few more effects and synthesizers than fans anticipated—mostly because they likely were not expecting any.
- Panorama Jazz BandAs a child, Ben Schenck stood outside his home in Annapolis, Md., as a parade came down the block, a drum line and bugle corps leading the charge. Even then, there was something in the music that struck him.