- Particle DevotionThe formation of indie-rock bands is a pretty common occurrence on any college campus, but things were a little different for Baton Rouge, La., quintet Particle Devotion.
- Love for the Rebel and the SaintKirk Franklin will be a familiar name to many people who grew up in church in the 1990s, but it's a name that is still picking up steam today.
- From Ireland to JacksonAccordion-player Paul Brock has been a professional musician for the past decade, but his pursuit of traditional Irish music has spanned almost his entire life. As for how long that is, he replies with a chuckle, "Well, I'm over 21."
- Keeping a Blues Legacy AliveTera Johnson-Collins, the paternal niece of blues icon Tommy Johnson, says that she has always felt a spiritual connection to her famous family member, who died on Nov. 1, 1956—three years to the day before her birth.
- A Hub for InnovationChamber music, in the minds of many, belongs in a stuffy and insular world, where players just rehearse and rehash the same classical pieces within university recital halls. On Friday, Oct. 27, Hub New Music aims to change a few ...
- Spooky and LocalThere's plenty of spooky Halloween events going on in the Jackson Metro this year. Here are just a few of them.
- DawesDawes may seem like an instant success story for the millions of supporters who have followed the California folk-rock band since its first release, "North Hills," in 2009. However, for bassist Wylie Gelber, who dropped out of high school to ...
- Artists to WatchArabella Landrum may only be a junior at Sumrall High School in Sumrall, Miss., but she has already achieved something that many other musicians won't in a lifetime: She opened for a Grammy Award-winning country artist Deana Carter on Sept. ...
- The Six-Word Musical Death SentenceFor me personally, I know, like nearly every white man who ever picked up a guitar hath known, that being a singer-songwriter does not make me one in a million. If anything, it puts me closer to "a million in ...
- Music Videos, EvolvedThe popularity of watching music videos on TV channels such as MTV and CMT has waned over the years, but the format has not lost its impact on consumers and the music industry as a whole.
- SilasRapper Silas Stapleton, whom fans know as just Silas, says he never imagined the amount of attention that would come from his debut solo album, 2016's "The Day I Died."
- Maren MorrisFor some in the music industry, there is no clearer evidence that times have changed than country artist Maren Morris.
- Love and the Lavender PenThe shooting at Orlando nightclub Pulse in June 2016 was a shock to Chris Verdugo, as it was to members of the LGBT community and supporters around the country. However, for the Florida native, it was also a call to ...
- A Star-Studded State FairThe Mississippi State Fair is never short on activities to keep visitors occupied, between the carnival games, livestock shows, rides and food—oh, so much food.
- The Avett Brothers: Learning from ‘Sadness’Fans of The Avett Brothers might not have to find the band in such high spirits based on the title of their ninth album, "True Sadness."