- The Millennium TemptationsThe city council honored the Millennium Temptations with a resolution for enriching community through music of reflection at the Aug. 20 city council meeting.
- Stace & CassieWith a new single, "When We Grow Old" and supporting video released on Friday, Sept. 13, married performers Stace and Cassie Shook are looking forward to getting back into the studio to finish recording their long anticipated follow-up record.
- Keep on Kicking in JacksonTwo years ago, J.D. Burns and Bobbie Flanders were struggling to find a lineup for a band that would work. The original Kicking began with four members, but two of them left the band early on.
- Local Entertainment With a Dash of Giving BackCovered gives Jackson-based bands the chance to gain exposure while also letting Jacksonians contribute to a good cause.
- Jackson Gypsies Bring Latin-American Tunes to JacksonJackson has grown to be a city known for its local music scene. From metal to blues to rock 'n' roll, the diversity of Jackson's music remains prevalent. This chord rings true with the Latin jazz and Brazilian flamenco sounds ...
- Stephanie Adlington & Aaron Lessard: A Tale of TwoIn 2017, Stephanie Adlington needed a new guitar player, and a mutual friend connected her to Aaron Lessard, whose music fuses roots rock with genres such as rockabilly, jazz and blues. The two bonded over their shared love of vintage ...
- Grady Champion Revisits His Roots with ZZ Hill Tribute AlbumAfter more than 26 years of performing, it is the universality of blues that draws Grady Champion into his genre the most, he says. The idea of getting through struggle fascinates him.
- Choir Teaches Girls About Life, MusicMississippi Girlchoir isn't just about teaching girls how to sing. It's also about empowering them to be strong leaders and letting them get experiences with performing around the world.
- The Hero and A Monster Debut ‘Always’The Hero and A Monster is comprised of Tyler Holden, who serves as guitarist and lead vocalist, and Ethan Mannon, the group's drummer and supporting vocalist. The two use their music as a form of ministry.
- Tyler, the Creator Tackles Heartbreak on ‘Igor’Tyler, the Creator's fifth studio album, "Igor," which is No. 1 on the Billboard 200 charts, is an emotional rollercoaster detailing the ups and downs of a relationship with a man.
- Building Up As Cities BurnTo longtime fans, a phoenix may seem like an apt metaphor for Louisiana-native post-hardcore act As Cities Burn, which has returned with a new album after 10 years. However, to vocalist T.J. Bonnette, the band's revival isn't as dramatic as ...
- Jamming at Cathead JamWhen creating Cathead Jam, Ardenland owner Arden Barnett wanted to have a festival that would bring musicians and fans together.
- Band of the Day: RAMPeople often refer to music as the universal language bridging the gap between cultures and breaking down communication barriers. Rhythms speak to people regardless of where they're from, and that rhythm is the driving force behind Haitian dance music band ...
- Jazz Artist Pam Confer Sings 'Mississippi Beautiful' to 'Empower'The Mississippi Beautiful Day celebration kicked off at a press conference inside the Arts Center of Mississippi on May 10.
- Todd SniderTodd Snider's new album, "Cash Cabin Sessions Vol. 3," is like getting a visit from an old friend you haven't seen for a long time. It is easy, filled with laughs and at times poignant.