- Bishop Gunn Brings Natchez Rock ‘n’ Roll to Europe and BackIn barely two years, Bishop Gunn has gone from playing local gigs around Natchez to performing before crowds of thousands around the nation, and garnering national and international acclaim.
- Josh Journeay’s ‘Down the Road’ Makes WavesJust two days after local musician Josh Journeay, 26, released his first solo album "Down the Road," on Feb. 12, 2019, the five-track EP reached No. 7 on the iTunes country music charts.
- Hal’s St. Paddy’s Festival Music LineupEach year following the Hal's St. Paddy's Parade, music artists performing live at Hal & Mal's. Here is a rundown on who is playing this year on Saturday, March 23.
- Blues in the CityFor Xperience JXN event promoter Yolanda Singleton, Betty Wright was part of her childhood. Singleton says she is "a music legend whose music transcends generations."
- Feeling Lucky and LocalCelebrate St. Patrick’s Day on March 23 with local events, including the Hal’s St. Paddy’s Parade & Festival that day.
- Courtnie Mack: Paving Her Own PathCourtnie Mack started singing when she was 7 and has been belting out cover songs of R&B, soul and gospel greats such as Kim Burrell, Tori Kelly, Priscilla Renea, and Donny and Lalah Hathaway.
- Shenandoah: Ready & ‘Reloaded’When the Dixie National Livestock Show & Rodeo returns to Jackson from Feb. 7 through Feb. 13, another southern institution will be returning with it: Grammy Award-winning country act Shenandoah.
- Best of Jackson 2019: Music and NightlifeWe here at the Jackson Free Press like to keep our focus on local: local people, local business, local food—you get the idea. There’s nothing to us more local than Best of Jackson. We’re officially in our 17th award season. ...
- The Magical Music of Harry PotterFor Ron Spigelman, there is just as much magic in a conductor's baton as the wand of any witch or wizard. "Music, in my opinion," he says, "is the true third dimension in film."
- The Mississippi Sound—2018 EditionMississippi has some incredible musical roots, but the state often does not get enough attention for its current crop of original music, oddly.
- Ring in the Jackson New Year2018 has flown by fast, and 2019 is fast approaching. Celebrate the new year with these events from local businesses, restaurants and people.
- The Wonders of 'Wonderland'Thalia Mara Hall in downtown Jackson has featured plenty of orchestral events over the years, but the latest concert from touring act Cirque Musica plans to do something a little different with the space.
- Armory Sessions, UnlockedLayoffs ended up paving the way for Clinton resident Kody Gautier to combine his love of music with his skills as a videographer.
- Buddy GuyBaton Rouge, La., will honor blues legend and Louisiana native Buddy Guy during a ceremony on Saturday, Dec. 8.
- Yayo the Drummer: Making the One-Man BandJackson-native musician Matthew Mayberry, better known as Yayo the Drummer, has been performing with Lil Wayne for about two years, but he says that he has worked to promote live instrumentation in hip-hop shows for a long time.