- Elvis PresleyElvis Presley's Mississippi hometown could create a tourism partnership with the German city where he lived while serving in the U.S. Army.
- Malaco’s Gospel MilestoneDarrell Luster, a native of Durham, N.C., has held his current position at Malaco Music Group for about six years, but his connection to the Jackson record label began with him as a fan.
- Arts on the (Drum) LineThe Mississippi Alumni All-star Band is preparing for the Independence Showdown, an annual competition featuring marching bands from states such as Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio and Michigan.
- Amanda Shires: The Road to ‘Sunset’Amanda Shires' fifth album, "To the Sunset," probably features a few more effects and synthesizers than fans anticipated—mostly because they likely were not expecting any.
- Panorama Jazz BandAs a child, Ben Schenck stood outside his home in Annapolis, Md., as a parade came down the block, a drum line and bugle corps leading the charge. Even then, there was something in the music that struck him.
- Jacksonian Carvena Jones Fights for 'The Four'The reality-TV singing competition has long been an entertainment staple, but not every entry in the genre has stood above the crowd. In January of this year, FOX launched its latest foray into the format with "The Four: Battle for ...
- Cathead's HeadlinersLocal music festival Cathead Jam is returning for a third installment in celebration of the Cathead Distillery’s eighth year in Jackson. While plenty of the performers are Ardenland alumni who have played in the Capital City in past years, we ...
- Spacewolf & the DIY EthosIt's a simple mathematic principle: Three comes after two. It doesn't exactly tell you when, though. For Spacewolf, the "when" was about five years later.
- How to Survive a Music FestivalIt is officially music festival season. If you find yourself going to one this year, you'll want to be prepared. Here are some tips to survive the event and have fun.
- Brandon Mitchell and S.W.A.P.'s "Amazing" ReturnFor Jackson gospel group Brandon Mitchell & S.W.A.P., a little discouragement has helped pave the way for a greater source of encouragement on their sophomore album, "Amazing."
- Midtown CelebrationSince Midfest's start in 2014, the street festival and block party has been focused on celebrating what the midtown area has to offer, showcasing local businesses and the creative talents of its residents.
- Mr. Fluid: Fighting ConformityWhile he would rather be on a stage or in the studio, Mississippi rapper and producer Mr. Fluid's past work experiences are part of the inspiration behind his third album, "When Conformity Is Not Comfortable," also stylized as "WC INC."
- Matt MaherSinger-songwriter Matt Maher has been a significant presence in the world of contemporary Christian music since the early 2000s, but before he was introduced to religion, he says that he was running away, at least at some level.
- Johnny Rawls: Letting Life FlowMississippi bluesman Johnny Rawls encountered the music for the first time on a cool Christmas morning when he was 12 years old.
- Celebrating Mississippi ComposersWhen the Mississippi Chorus began looking ahead to the launch of its 30th season this fall, Artistic Director Mark Nabholz says that the board faced an important question: How should they kick off such a milestone year?