- Revealing ‘Rigoletto’The latest production from the Mississippi Opera, "Rigoletto," may be a recognizable name even for people who aren't versed in the classics.
- The Highs and Low EndsIconic hip-hop act A Tribe Called Quest surprised many longtime listeners in late 2015 when the group seemingly began ramping up for a full return.
- Jazz Fest FellowshipHitting the "big 1-0" is a significant milestone for any annual event, which is why Raphael Semmes and Tripp Douglas wanted to do something spectacular for the 10th anniversary of the Township Jazz Festival, which takes place Saturday, April 8, ...
- Underground 119 Is BackFor all of Mississippi's storied blues history, Michael Rejebian can't pinpoint many destinations for live blues in downtown Jackson, which has been his home for the past decade.
- Weighing in on ‘Wolves’Ron Etheridge will likely be a familiar name—and voice—to many Jackson music fans.
- Starting with a BVNGAn absentee headliner wasn't exactly how Jackson natives Mitch Draper and Jonathan Nixon planned to launch their new monthly event series, the FLVSH BVNG! Art & Music Showcase, in January.
- Chuck BerryChuck Berry, rock 'n' roll's founding guitar hero and storyteller who defined the music's joy and rebellion in such classics as "Johnny B. Goode," ''Sweet Little Sixteen" and "Roll Over Beethoven," died Saturday at his home west of St. Louis. ...
- BlindFromDaTruthSteven McClenty II, known in local hip-hop circles as BlindFromDaTruth, has been building up his skill as a rapper and producer for nearly a decade.
- Local and LuckyIf you haven't heard, the Hal's St. Paddy's Day Parade & Festival is this weekend. Here is your guide to what you can do before and after.
- Brantley Gilbert: All on the TableFor several years now, Brantley Gilbert has been a big name in the world of country music.
- A New Palette for City and ColourWhen Dallas Green released his first music as City and Colour in 2005, he says it was meant to be a collection of "other songs."
- Champion, UnpluggedConcertgoers who catch blues artist Grady Champion whenever he plays in Jackson might think they have his live show figured out. However, when the Canton, Miss., native rolls back into town on Saturday, March 4, he’ll also be bringing a ...
- Kari Jobe: Growth in ‘The Garden’In the worship-music industry, few contemporary artists have achieved the staying power of singer-songwriter Kari Jobe. Since the Waco, Texas, native released her self-titled debut in 2009, many of her hit songs, including "Revelation Song" and "Holy Spirit," have become ...
- Mandisa: Becoming an ‘Overcomer’California-native singer Mandisa has been a constant on Christian radio since the release of her debut album, "True Beauty," in 2008, and her star has only risen in recent years.
- Moonshine Bandits: Outlaws & OriginatorsFor some music fans, country music is the quintessential “southern” sound, and yet, many of its biggest stars hail from elsewhere. That includes Bird and Tex of country-rap duo Moonshine Bandits, a band that served as one of the earliest ...