- Dwight ClarkThere may not have been any NFL game in the 1980s more important than the 1982 NFC Championship Game. The game was a turning point in the fortunes of both the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers.
- Terence DavisTerence Davis filled up the stat sheet with 11 points, five rebounds, two assists, a steal and a block in the Rebels' win against Monmouth.
- Nick WeatherspoonNick Weatherspoon scored a game-high 18 points to lead Velma Jackson over Cleveland East Side 46-32 and claim the Mississippi Boys 3A state championship on Saturday.
- Joye Lee-McNelisAs the University of Southern Mississippi heads into the Conference USA Women's Basketball Tournament, which begins today, March 9, USM is riding a seven-game winning streak. That's an amazing feat when you consider that the team has kept winning after ...
- Erica BougardErica Bougard won the pentathlon Friday at USA Track & Field Indoor Championships, taking advantage of defending champion Barbara Nwaba's knee injury that forced her to withdraw after the third event.
- Jim EllisLongtime Mississippi State broadcaster Jim Ellis will retire from calling football and men's basketball games at the end of the current basketball season.
- Brent RookerMississippi State University outfielder Brent Rooker was in the zone last weekend in the batter's box. The ball must have looked like the size of a cantaloupe each time he came to the plate.
- Ryan OlenekIt has been a week of highs and lows for University of Mississippi center fielder Ryan Olenek. In three games against No. 6 ranked East Carolina University, the sophomore came up big at the plate.
- Ole Miss Enacts Self-Imposed Bowl Ban, May Face More PenaltiesJACKSON, Miss. (AP) — The University of Mississippi's football team will not play in the postseason next year. The Rebels might be facing more penalties, too, now that the NCAA says the program has committed more than 20 rules violations ...
- Kirk McCartyKirk McCarty didn't have to go far to continue playing baseball after a standout career at Oak Grove High School. The former Warrior stayed in Hattiesburg to attend the University of Southern Mississippi, and as his second season begins, he's ...
- Teaira McCowanMississippi State's Teaira McCowan is 6-foot-7 with broad shoulders, plenty of athleticism and a surprisingly soft touch around the basket. She also, at times, has displayed quite a temper.
- Dominique DillinghamA career game from Mississippi State senior Dominique Dillingham helped the No. 5 Bulldogs continue to stay atop the SEC.
- Brady Leads Biggest Comeback, Patriots Win 34-28 in OTThey looked old and outmanned. Their star quarterback was frazzled, their stingy defense was a sieve. So what? Tom Brady and the New England Patriots shrugged and did what they always seem to do: Win the Super Bowl.
- Streaming the Super Bowl: See The Game, Special Features and AdsNEW YORK (AP) — You can watch the Super Bowl online for free, but there are a few catches. For starters, you're out of luck on phones unless you're a Verizon customer. And if you're interested in the ads, you ...
- Will Experience Give New England An Edge In SuperBowl 51?HOUSTON (AP) — There's no hiding it. One edge the New England Patriots have over the Atlanta Falcons in Sunday's Super Bowl can't be denied: experience.