- Terence Davis: Improving NBA Draft StockFormer University of Mississippi guard Terence Davis is using the process in the run up to the NBA draft to show scouts around the league all the skills he could bring to their team.
- Ethan Small: Breakout PitcherIn the long and bright history of Mississippi State University baseball, it might be hard to find a player with a bigger breakout season than redshirt junior Ethan Small.
- Keith CarterThe University of Mississippi has picked former basketball standout Keith Carter to be its interim athletic director.
- Tommy StevensCollege athletes are using a rule the NCAA passed in 2006 that allows players who have graduated to transfer to a different college team. One player to take advantage is former Pennsylvania State University quarterback Tommy Stevens.
- Joe MoorheadMississippi State football coach Joe Moorhead has a little more job security now. The school announced Tuesday that he has signed a contract extension through the 2022 season that will pay an average base salary of $3.2 million.
- Matt WallnerUniversity of Southern Mississippi outfielder Matt Wallner, a Preseason Conference USA Player of the Year and finalist for the Ferriss Trophy, and his team have plenty to play for this weekend.
- A.J. BrownThe Titans' top draft pick is busy with meetings out of sight from prying eyes as reporters got their one look at Tennessee's latest crop of rookies. Luckily, A.J. Brown showed off his skills with a one-handed catch to make ...
- Cooper JohnsonUniversity of Mississippi junior catcher Cooper Johnson was one of the few bright spots for the Rebels in a tight battle for in the SEC West, as he went two-for-four at the plate with an RBI, a run and a ...
- Jake MangumSports fans would be hard-pressed to find many college baseball players who enjoyed a week as good as Mississippi State University outfielder Jake Mangum.
- Alyssa MontesMississippi Valley State University is currently on its longest winning streak of the season, with five games in a row, as it heads into the final scheduled series of the season against Jackson State University.
- D.K. MetcalfFormer University of Mississippi wide receiver D.K. Metcalf is one of the players who will be at the 2019 NFL Draft on Thursday, April 25, waiting to learn where his football career takes him next.
- Doug NikhazyThe University of Mississippi used a strong start from freshman pitcher Doug Nikhazy to facilitate a sweep over the University of Florida over the past weekend.
- Paige TaylorPitcher Paige Taylor led Alcorn State University to five victories in a recent eight-game winning streak before finally losing in a midweek double-header against the University of Memphis on Tuesday, April 2.
- Kevin SutherlandKevin Sutherland made his first birdie in two days, and it was all he needed to finally win for the second time on the PGA Tour Champions.
- Aaron PelchMillsaps College named head football coach Aaron Pelch as interim athletics director on Dec. 20, 2018, and he assumed his duties on Jan. 1, 2019.