- Roshunda JohnsonThanks to a career-high 29 points from Roshunda Johnson, the Bulldogs rolled to a 3-0 start with the blowout win in front of 5,321 fans at Humphrey Coliseum.
- Ito SmithIto Smith ran for 150 yards and scored two touchdowns to propel Southern Mississippi to a 43-34 victory over Rice on Saturday.
- Ty JobeLuckily for the Choctaws, Mississippi College quarterback Ty Jobe was a double-threat to the Shorter defense last Saturday, with his passing and running game helping MC scrape out a 30-29 victory.
- Jordan Ta'amuWith seconds ticking off and just inches to work with in the left corner of the end zone, Mississippi quarterback Jordan Ta'amu put the football just where D.K. Metcalf had to be.
- Most Texans Kneel During Anthem After Owner's CommentsAll but 10 members of the Houston Texans took a knee during the national anthem Sunday, as the vast majority of the team protested the owner's "inmates running the prison" comment.
- Lafayette StriblingLegendary basketball coach Lafayette Stribling decided on Oct. 31, 2012, that 55 years of coaching basketball was enough and retired.
- About Two Dozen NFL Players Protested During Anthems SundayDays after the NFL declined to change its rule on the national anthem, about two dozen players protested around the league Sunday.
- Mississippi, Nutt Say They've Reached Lawsuit SettlementThe University of Mississippi and former football coach Houston Nutt say they have reached an agreement to resolve Nutt's lawsuit against the school.
- Nick FitzgeraldAfter a bye week and two straight blowout losses on the road to ranked opponents, Mississippi State retook control of the narrative of its season with 35-10 victory over BYU on Saturday.
- After Brutal Two-Game Stretch, Ole Miss Looking for AnswersOle Miss, which outscored Auburn 20-9 after halftime, is eager to pounce on even the slightest hint of momentum after three straight losses.
- Hunter McEachernFans may not remember Belhaven University quarterback Hunter McEachern's performance against East Texas Baptist University forever, but it was a great effort in a losing cause. McEachern did his best to keep the Blazers in the game against the Tigers ...
- Kneeling for America: My Dad Fought, Lost Much for Athletes’ Right to Protest RacismI believe that today my Daddy would stand, or kneel in spirit, with the NFL players who are pushing back on Trump’s treatment of them as chattel entertainment, calling for them to be kicked out to pasture if they dare ...
- NFL Responds to Trump Tweet With Criticism, ProtestThe owners of the Baltimore Ravens, the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and other teams on Sunday joined a chorus of NFL executives criticizing President Donald Trump's suggestion that they fire players who kneel for the national anthem.
- Ito SmithRushing yards have not been easy to find for University of Southern Mississippi senior running back Ito Smith. The Mobile, Ala., native entered the third game of the season still looking to break the 100-yard mark in 2017.
- Dan MullenMississippi State coach Dan Mullen—now in his ninth season—is used to the gauntlet the SEC provides on a yearly basis.