- D.K. MetcalfFormer University of Mississippi wide receiver D.K. Metcalf is one of the players who will be at the 2019 NFL Draft on Thursday, April 25, waiting to learn where his football career takes him next.
- Doug NikhazyThe University of Mississippi used a strong start from freshman pitcher Doug Nikhazy to facilitate a sweep over the University of Florida over the past weekend.
- Paige TaylorPitcher Paige Taylor led Alcorn State University to five victories in a recent eight-game winning streak before finally losing in a midweek double-header against the University of Memphis on Tuesday, April 2.
- Kevin SutherlandKevin Sutherland made his first birdie in two days, and it was all he needed to finally win for the second time on the PGA Tour Champions.
- Aaron PelchMillsaps College named head football coach Aaron Pelch as interim athletics director on Dec. 20, 2018, and he assumed his duties on Jan. 1, 2019.
- Kermit DavisKermit Davis has earned a new contract after leading Mississippi on a surprising run to the NCAA Tournament.
- Abby TrahanJunior pitcher Abby Trahan is enjoying a strong start in her first season with the University of Southern Mississippi softball team.
- Quinndary WeatherspoonMississippi State swept the 2019 C Spire Howell and Gillom awards Monday as two seniors, guard Quinndary Weatherspoon and center Teaira McCowan, were named the state's best male and female college basketball players this season.
- Jayveous McKinnisJayveous McKinnis, a Brandon, Miss., native, not only earned the SWAC's Freshman of the Year Award; he also earned All-SWAC First-Team honors.
- Breein TyreeUniversity of Mississippi point guard Breein Tyree and Mississippi State University's Teaira McCowan won the fan voting portion of the 2019 C Spire Howell and Gillom Trophies, which annually honor the top male and female college basketball players in Mississippi.
- Teaira McCowanTeaira McCowan has spent the last four years growing as a basketball player at Mississippi State University.
- Montez SweatThe defensive linemen hailed as the gems of the draft class didn't disappoint during their on-field testing Sunday, and nobody performed better than Montez Sweat.
- Walker PowellThe University of Southern Mississippi was able to take game one of a three-game series against Mississippi State University in Starkville on Friday, Feb. 22, with help from right-handed pitcher Walker Powell.
- Mississippi Players Kneel During Anthem in Response to RallyEight Mississippi players kneeled during the national anthem in response to a Confederacy rally near the arena before the Rebels' 72-71 victory over Georgia on Saturday.
- McKinely WestSenior sprinter McKinely West of the University of Southern Mississippi showed up and showed out at the Conference USA Indoor Track and Field Championship when he dominated at the 60-meter and 200-meter events.