- Jordan WestburgJordan Westburg's success at the plate is not the only thing to grab him media attention this season. During a Tallahassee Regional game on June 3, he grabbed a banana in the dugout and began to use it as a ...
- Ashley RobinsonJackson State University is hoping that Ashley Robinson, the school's new vice president and athletic director, will repeat the success he earned while at Prairie View A&M University.
- EDITOR'S NOTE: Lessons in Stepping up from ‘Friday Night Lights’It may be the peak of the baseball season, but my clear eyes and full heart have been fully set on football, thanks to my latest TV nostalgic kick. For those that don't speak outdated pop-culture references, I've been re-watching ...
- Elijah MacNameeWith two outs, MSU outfielder Elijah MacNamee stepped to the plate and blasted a no-doubt walk-off home run to give his team a 3-2 win. The victory eliminated FSU from the regional and gave new life to the Bulldogs.
- Nick FortesThe Rebels dropped their opener against Auburn University on May 23, losing 3-9. Like most of his teammates in that first game, junior catcher Nick Fortes struggled at the plate with a zero-for-four performance.
- Ryan RolisonMississippi left-hander Ryan Rolison delivered in a rare bullpen appearance, and Tim Rowe and Michael Fitzsimmons made sure there was no more drama.
- Mike SliveMike Slive, former commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, died in Birmingham, Ala., on May 16 at the age of 77.
- Stand or Stay Out of Sight: NFL Takes on Anthem ProtestersNFL owners approved a new policy Thursday aimed at addressing the firestorm over national anthem protests, permitting players to stay in the locker room during the "The Star-Spangled Banner" but requiring them to stand if they come to the field.
- Zack ShannonHistorically, Delta State University has fielded one of the top baseball teams at the Division II level. Last season, the Statesmen reached the Division II NCAA College World Series behind the outstanding play of first baseman Zack Shannon.
- Lucy NunnThe University of Southern Mississippi's women's golf program has a new leader at its helm.
- Mia DavidsonMississippi State University catcher Mia Davidson became the third Bulldog in program history to receive the title of SEC Freshman of the Year on Tuesday, May 8. She is the first MSU softball player to earn the honor since shortstop ...
- Raylin DixonRaylin Dixon and her team won the 4x200 relay at the Jackson Public Schools Middle School Track and Field Championship, and she sprinted to second place in the 200-meter, though teammate Galbreath defeated her.
- Marcus DavenportThe New Orleans Saints moved from the 27th pick to the 14th pick so it could draft University of Texas-San Antonio defensive end Marcus Davenport.
- Tomekia ReedOn Monday, April 16, JSU named Tomekia Reed, the former head coach at Hinds Community College in Utica, as the Tigers' new head coach.
- Yolett McPhee-McCuinOn April 4, the University of Mississippi announced the hiring of a new women's head coach, Yolett McPhee-McCuin, 34, who spent the last five seasons at Jacksonville University and oversaw a turnaround for the program.