- Dak Prescott to Young People: Believe in Yourself Through It AllDak Prescott chooses not to worry about things he can't control. He stays focused on the task in front of him, he says, controlling only what he can. When the 24-year-old is not studying film or on the field, he ...
- Lenorris FootmanLenorris Footman signed with the Braves in 2013 after graduating from Jefferson County High School in Monticello, Fla., where he led his team to the 2011 1A State Football Championship.
- Todd GranthamMississippi State coach Dan Mullen has hired veteran defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, hoping the 50-year-old can help provide a quick turnaround. The Bulldogs gave up nearly 32 points per game last season, which ranked next to last in the Southeastern ...
- Southern Miss Tries to Maintain Momentum with New QuarterbackSouthern Mississippi rebounded from one of the most dismal periods in program history with back-to-back winning seasons in 2015 and '16.
- Sean PaytonSaints head coach Sean Payton came to New Orleans at one of the lowest points in the franchise's history.
- Former Ole Miss Coach Nutt's Lawsuit vs. School DismissedFormer Mississippi coach Houston Nutt's civil lawsuit against the school and its athletics foundation has been dismissed by a federal judge.
- Matt LukeOle Miss interim head coach Matt Luke's straightforward approach to discipline could be a window in how he'll run the team this season.
- Donald DriverWide receiver Donald Driver is without question one of the greatest athletes in the history of Alcorn State University. Even though he played just three season for the Braves, he still ranks in the top 10 in the school's history ...
- Ole Miss Releases Names of Boosters in NCAA AllegationsMississippi released Friday the names of 12 boosters that the NCAA claims provided impermissible benefits and recruiting inducements to football players.
- Gabe MylesMississippi State University wide receiver Gabe Myles is one athlete on the watch list for the Wuerffel Trophy.
- Ole Miss Confirms: Hugh Freeze Has Resigned Mississippi football coach Hugh Freeze has resigned after five seasons, bringing a stunning end to a once-promising tenure.
- Keontre AndersonThe JSU Tigers' defense could end up leading the team in returning to the top of the SWAC, and the pressure to wreak havoc on opposing offenses will fall on defensive end Keontre Anderson, who was named Preseason Defensive Player ...
- Duer SharpThe SWAC has a six-year contract to play in the Celebration Bowl and SWAC Commissioner Duer Sharp is hoping to extend it to 10.
- NCAA Questions Abound for Freeze, Even After FilibusterHugh Freeze delivered a 16-minute opening statement about his Mississippi team while pointing out he couldn't talk specifics about a long-running NCAA investigation.
- Fred McNairAlcorn State University quickly announced former great Fred McNair as interim head coach after Head Coach Jay Hopson's departure.