- Caroline SeitzThe University of Georgia only scored 13 runs combined in its three-game softball series against Mississippi State University last weekend. Meanwhile, MSU senior Caroline Seitz drove in 14 runs by herself against Georgia.
- Jackson Plans to Pursue New Orleans Pelicans NBA TeamThe City of Jackson will submit a formal letter of intent to the National Basketball Association to pursue a development-league affiliate for the New Orleans Pelicans today.
- Amy Carroll-DenleySoon, the Gulf South Conference will honor one of the greatest women's basketball players in Delta State University history, Amy Carroll-Denley, who is among five new inductees in the 2017 GSC Hall of Fame class.
- Shea PattersonShea Patterson had a three-game, crash course as Mississippi's quarterback in November after senior starter Chad Kelly went down with a knee injury.
- Mississippi State Women Come Up Short of Miracle NCAA FinishThe Mississippi State miracle finished a little short. Two days after ending four-time defending national champion UConn's record 111-game winning streak, the Bulldogs lost 67-55 to SEC rival South Carolina in the women's NCAA Tournament championship game Sunday night.
- Clint DempseyFor many people, 2016 was a bad year, and the U.S. Men's National Soccer Team was no exception. The team had low points, such as its 0-2 loss to Guatemala last March, but the lowest point was still looming.
- Dwight ClarkThere may not have been any NFL game in the 1980s more important than the 1982 NFC Championship Game. The game was a turning point in the fortunes of both the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers.
- Terence DavisTerence Davis filled up the stat sheet with 11 points, five rebounds, two assists, a steal and a block in the Rebels' win against Monmouth.
- Nick WeatherspoonNick Weatherspoon scored a game-high 18 points to lead Velma Jackson over Cleveland East Side 46-32 and claim the Mississippi Boys 3A state championship on Saturday.
- Joye Lee-McNelisAs the University of Southern Mississippi heads into the Conference USA Women's Basketball Tournament, which begins today, March 9, USM is riding a seven-game winning streak. That's an amazing feat when you consider that the team has kept winning after ...
- Erica BougardErica Bougard won the pentathlon Friday at USA Track & Field Indoor Championships, taking advantage of defending champion Barbara Nwaba's knee injury that forced her to withdraw after the third event.
- Jim EllisLongtime Mississippi State broadcaster Jim Ellis will retire from calling football and men's basketball games at the end of the current basketball season.
- Brent RookerMississippi State University outfielder Brent Rooker was in the zone last weekend in the batter's box. The ball must have looked like the size of a cantaloupe each time he came to the plate.
- Ryan OlenekIt has been a week of highs and lows for University of Mississippi center fielder Ryan Olenek. In three games against No. 6 ranked East Carolina University, the sophomore came up big at the plate.
- Ole Miss Enacts Self-Imposed Bowl Ban, May Face More PenaltiesJACKSON, Miss. (AP) — The University of Mississippi's football team will not play in the postseason next year. The Rebels might be facing more penalties, too, now that the NCAA says the program has committed more than 20 rules violations ...