- Brent RookerThe day after the regular season ended, Monday, May 22, turned out to be a great day for Mississippi State University first baseman Brent Rooker. He is in the midst of one of the greatest offensive seasons in the history ...
- Zack ShannonDelta State University junior first-baseman Zack Shannon didn't win the 2017 Ferriss Trophy, but he will get an opportunity that the other finalists might not get. Shannon and his teammates have a chance to win a national championship in the ...
- Kaitlin LeeThe University of Mississippi's surprise run to the title featured phenomenal pitching from the Rebel's Kaitlin Lee. In four games, she gave up just three runs in four games, with opposing teams struggling to put their offenses together to score ...
- Taylor HughesSouthern University, the No. 4 seed out of the West Division, shocked Alcorn State University, the No. 1 seed out of the East, on the opening day of the 2017 SWAC Softball Tournament.
- Mississippi NAACP: Move NCAA Softball Tourney from Ole Miss Due to State FlagMississippi NAACP is requesting the NCAA continue its opposition to symbols of racial hatred and expand its ban to all NCAA sanctioned events and relocate the Softball Regional Tournament at the University of Mississippi on Friday, May 19, 2017.
- Michael JacksonAn early morning accident has claimed the lives of two people, including former NFL player Michael Jackson.
- LeeMarcus BoydUniversity of Southern Mississippi junior shortstop LeeMarcus Boyd is making big strides with his bat at the right time of year. The regular season is winding down, and he is currently on a seven-game hitting streak.
- Evan EngramThe New York Giants got a tight end and a deep threat in one package in the NFL draft. In another move to revive their anemic offense, the Giants selected speedy Mississippi tight end Evan Engram with the 23rd pick ...
- Alexis SilkwoodPerforming at a high level in college sports is no easy task. It is even harder knowing that, at the same time, your future in the sport is in the balance.
- Markel CrawfordMississippi has added graduate transfer guard Markel Crawford, who should bolster the Rebels' backcourt next season.
- Caroline SeitzThe University of Georgia only scored 13 runs combined in its three-game softball series against Mississippi State University last weekend. Meanwhile, MSU senior Caroline Seitz drove in 14 runs by herself against Georgia.
- Jackson Plans to Pursue New Orleans Pelicans NBA TeamThe City of Jackson will submit a formal letter of intent to the National Basketball Association to pursue a development-league affiliate for the New Orleans Pelicans today.
- Amy Carroll-DenleySoon, the Gulf South Conference will honor one of the greatest women's basketball players in Delta State University history, Amy Carroll-Denley, who is among five new inductees in the 2017 GSC Hall of Fame class.
- Shea PattersonShea Patterson had a three-game, crash course as Mississippi's quarterback in November after senior starter Chad Kelly went down with a knee injury.
- Mississippi State Women Come Up Short of Miracle NCAA FinishThe Mississippi State miracle finished a little short. Two days after ending four-time defending national champion UConn's record 111-game winning streak, the Bulldogs lost 67-55 to SEC rival South Carolina in the women's NCAA Tournament championship game Sunday night.