- Ole Miss Confirms: Hugh Freeze Has Resigned Mississippi football coach Hugh Freeze has resigned after five seasons, bringing a stunning end to a once-promising tenure.
- Keontre AndersonThe JSU Tigers' defense could end up leading the team in returning to the top of the SWAC, and the pressure to wreak havoc on opposing offenses will fall on defensive end Keontre Anderson, who was named Preseason Defensive Player ...
- Duer SharpThe SWAC has a six-year contract to play in the Celebration Bowl and SWAC Commissioner Duer Sharp is hoping to extend it to 10.
- NCAA Questions Abound for Freeze, Even After FilibusterHugh Freeze delivered a 16-minute opening statement about his Mississippi team while pointing out he couldn't talk specifics about a long-running NCAA investigation.
- Fred McNairAlcorn State University quickly announced former great Fred McNair as interim head coach after Head Coach Jay Hopson's departure.
- Ex-Coach Houston Nutt Sues Ole Miss, Alleging Smear CampaignFormer Mississippi coach Houston Nutt has filed a civil lawsuit against the university and its athletics foundation, alleging a breach of his severance agreement because of false statements he says school officials made during an ongoing NCAA investigation.
- Joey ChestnutWhile you may have eaten too much this Fourth of July, you probably didn't put down 72 hot dogs, which is how many Joey "Jaws" Chestnut finished in 10 minutes to win the 2017 Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest.
- Leslie FrazierLeslie Frazier was the 1985 starting cornerback for the Chicago Bears team that won Super Bowl XX.
- Morgan WilliamMississippi State University is going to be well represented at the 2017 ESPY Awards. Current and former Bulldogs are up for recognition during the program, which airs on ABC on Wednesday, July 12.
- Tony DiCiccoFormer U.S. Women's National Soccer Team head coach Tony DiCicco died from cancer at the age of 68 on Monday, June 19.
- Larry GranthamFormer New York Jets outside linebacker Larry Grantham, a starter and defensive standout on the 1969 Super Bowl team, has died. He was 78.
- Cody BrownBefore this season, MSU hasn't won a regional after losing the opening game since 1979. Redshirt senior infielder-outfielder Cody Brown was one of the bright spots in the Bulldogs' opening 6-3 loss to the University of South Alabama. In defeat, ...
- Tori BowieThe Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is set to honor sprinter Tori Bowie and pole-vaulter Sam Kendricks with a meet and greet from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Brent RookerThe day after the regular season ended, Monday, May 22, turned out to be a great day for Mississippi State University first baseman Brent Rooker. He is in the midst of one of the greatest offensive seasons in the history ...
- Zack ShannonDelta State University junior first-baseman Zack Shannon didn't win the 2017 Ferriss Trophy, but he will get an opportunity that the other finalists might not get. Shannon and his teammates have a chance to win a national championship in the ...