- Stand or Stay Out of Sight: NFL Takes on Anthem ProtestersNFL owners approved a new policy Thursday aimed at addressing the firestorm over national anthem protests, permitting players to stay in the locker room during the "The Star-Spangled Banner" but requiring them to stand if they come to the field.
- Zack ShannonHistorically, Delta State University has fielded one of the top baseball teams at the Division II level. Last season, the Statesmen reached the Division II NCAA College World Series behind the outstanding play of first baseman Zack Shannon.
- Lucy NunnThe University of Southern Mississippi's women's golf program has a new leader at its helm.
- Mia DavidsonMississippi State University catcher Mia Davidson became the third Bulldog in program history to receive the title of SEC Freshman of the Year on Tuesday, May 8. She is the first MSU softball player to earn the honor since shortstop ...
- Raylin DixonRaylin Dixon and her team won the 4x200 relay at the Jackson Public Schools Middle School Track and Field Championship, and she sprinted to second place in the 200-meter, though teammate Galbreath defeated her.
- Marcus DavenportThe New Orleans Saints moved from the 27th pick to the 14th pick so it could draft University of Texas-San Antonio defensive end Marcus Davenport.
- Tomekia ReedOn Monday, April 16, JSU named Tomekia Reed, the former head coach at Hinds Community College in Utica, as the Tigers' new head coach.
- Yolett McPhee-McCuinOn April 4, the University of Mississippi announced the hiring of a new women's head coach, Yolett McPhee-McCuin, 34, who spent the last five seasons at Jacksonville University and oversaw a turnaround for the program.
- Alexia HarmonMississippi College infielder Alexia Harmon put on a superb performance at the plate against Union University over the course of their recent series March 30 and March 31.
- Dante ScottAthletes from teams that don't win much do not normally receive honors, but MVSU forward Dante Scott earned the votes of head coaches and sports information directors with his play on the court.
- Steve StrickerSteve Stricker pulled away on the back nine Sunday at Fallen Oak to win the Rapiscan Systems Classic for his second straight PGA Tour Champions victory.
- Tom BensonNew Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson died of the flu on Thursday, March 15, at the age of 90.
- Kermit DavisKermit Davis turned Middle Tennessee into one of the best mid-major programs in the country during his 16 seasons at the school. Mississippi believes he can have the same kind of success in the Southeastern Conference.
- Drew BreesNew Orleans entered this offseason, much like many in the past years, with one major question: "What will happen with quarterback Drew Brees?" Fans got their answer on March 13 when the quarterback signed a new two-year deal to stay ...
- Nick WeatherspoonMississippi State guard Nick Weatherspoon was injured and taken off the court on a stretcher after being stepped on with 14:54 remaining in the Bulldogs' 62-59 loss against No. 13 Tennessee in the Southeastern Conference Tournament quarterfinals on Friday night.