- NFL Players Protest During Anthem, Drawing Rebuke from TrumpNFL players demonstrated during the national anthem at several preseason games Thursday night, protests that again drew a rebuke from President Donald Trump.
- Cam AkersOne of the biggest bright spots for the Seminoles season came from Clinton, Miss., in the form of Cam Akers. The highly recruited freshman running back came out of Clinton High School as the top-ranked player in Mississippi.
- Robert BrazileLinebacker Robert "Dr. Doom" Brazile's football career has earned him honors in quite a few halls of fame.
- Caesars Launching Sports Betting in New Jersey, MississippiTwo Atlantic City casinos owned by Caesars Entertainment will start taking sports bets this week, and another two in Mississippi will do so in mid-August.
- Billy BrewerFormer University of Mississippi head football coach Homer Ervin "Billy" Brewer lived long enough to find out he would be inducted into the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame this year. Unfortunately, he died May 12, only two months before the ...
- NFL, NFLPA Freeze Anthem Rules Amid Backlash to Miami PolicyThe NFL's two-month old national anthem policy is on hold.
- P.J. SimmonsIf the Alcorn State University Braves want to win a fifth-straight division title, senior running back P.J. Simmons will have to live up to his lofty new title as this year's SWAC Preseason Offensive Player of the Year.
- With Flags, Song, Pride, French Celebrate Unifying VictoryFrance's 4-2 win over Croatia in the World Cup final in Moscow on Sunday marked the second time in 20 years that France has won the World Cup, and came at a time when the people feel needy.
- Ozzie AlbiesFour Atlanta Braves have been named to the 2018 All-Star Game, including former Mississippi Braves star Ozhaino "Ozzie" Albies, who made the National League team as a reserve second baseman.
- Billy KinardFormer University of Mississippi football coach and star athlete Billy Kinard died on June 30, 2018, at the age of 84 in his home at Fort Payne, Ala., after an extended illness.
- Tori BowieTori Bowie became an instant star at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. The Sandhill, Miss., native took home three medals in her first time on the United States team.
- Jordan WestburgJordan Westburg's success at the plate is not the only thing to grab him media attention this season. During a Tallahassee Regional game on June 3, he grabbed a banana in the dugout and began to use it as a ...
- Ashley RobinsonJackson State University is hoping that Ashley Robinson, the school's new vice president and athletic director, will repeat the success he earned while at Prairie View A&M University.
- EDITOR'S NOTE: Lessons in Stepping up from ‘Friday Night Lights’It may be the peak of the baseball season, but my clear eyes and full heart have been fully set on football, thanks to my latest TV nostalgic kick. For those that don't speak outdated pop-culture references, I've been re-watching ...
- Elijah MacNameeWith two outs, MSU outfielder Elijah MacNamee stepped to the plate and blasted a no-doubt walk-off home run to give his team a 3-2 win. The victory eliminated FSU from the regional and gave new life to the Bulldogs.