- Morgan WilliamMississippi State University is going to be well represented at the 2017 ESPY Awards. Current and former Bulldogs are up for recognition during the program, which airs on ABC on Wednesday, July 12.
- Tony DiCiccoFormer U.S. Women's National Soccer Team head coach Tony DiCicco died from cancer at the age of 68 on Monday, June 19.
- Larry GranthamFormer New York Jets outside linebacker Larry Grantham, a starter and defensive standout on the 1969 Super Bowl team, has died. He was 78.
- Cody BrownBefore this season, MSU hasn't won a regional after losing the opening game since 1979. Redshirt senior infielder-outfielder Cody Brown was one of the bright spots in the Bulldogs' opening 6-3 loss to the University of South Alabama. In defeat, ...
- Tori BowieThe Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is set to honor sprinter Tori Bowie and pole-vaulter Sam Kendricks with a meet and greet from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Brent RookerThe day after the regular season ended, Monday, May 22, turned out to be a great day for Mississippi State University first baseman Brent Rooker. He is in the midst of one of the greatest offensive seasons in the history ...
- Zack ShannonDelta State University junior first-baseman Zack Shannon didn't win the 2017 Ferriss Trophy, but he will get an opportunity that the other finalists might not get. Shannon and his teammates have a chance to win a national championship in the ...
- Kaitlin LeeThe University of Mississippi's surprise run to the title featured phenomenal pitching from the Rebel's Kaitlin Lee. In four games, she gave up just three runs in four games, with opposing teams struggling to put their offenses together to score ...
- Taylor HughesSouthern University, the No. 4 seed out of the West Division, shocked Alcorn State University, the No. 1 seed out of the East, on the opening day of the 2017 SWAC Softball Tournament.
- Mississippi NAACP: Move NCAA Softball Tourney from Ole Miss Due to State FlagMississippi NAACP is requesting the NCAA continue its opposition to symbols of racial hatred and expand its ban to all NCAA sanctioned events and relocate the Softball Regional Tournament at the University of Mississippi on Friday, May 19, 2017.
- Michael JacksonAn early morning accident has claimed the lives of two people, including former NFL player Michael Jackson.
- LeeMarcus BoydUniversity of Southern Mississippi junior shortstop LeeMarcus Boyd is making big strides with his bat at the right time of year. The regular season is winding down, and he is currently on a seven-game hitting streak.
- Evan EngramThe New York Giants got a tight end and a deep threat in one package in the NFL draft. In another move to revive their anemic offense, the Giants selected speedy Mississippi tight end Evan Engram with the 23rd pick ...
- Alexis SilkwoodPerforming at a high level in college sports is no easy task. It is even harder knowing that, at the same time, your future in the sport is in the balance.
- Markel CrawfordMississippi has added graduate transfer guard Markel Crawford, who should bolster the Rebels' backcourt next season.