- Hunter McEachernWith the 2019 season approaching, Belhaven University quarterback Hunter McEachern has a chance to rewrite the school record book for passing. The quarterback begins his senior season after setting the school record for career passing yards last year.
- Detric HawthornCollins, Miss., native Detric Hawthorn leads the Choctaws' option attack and will be in his second year on offense. Mississippi College ended up as the top rushing team in the GSC last season with 2,661 yards and 266.1 yards per ...
- Racheem BootheThis season, Racheem Boothe could become the next defensive star at USM. If he has a sensational year, he could follow in the footsteps of former Golden Eagle linebacker Jamie Collins Sr., who won a Super Bowl with the New ...
- Noah JohnsonLeading Alcorn State into the season is SWAC Preseason Offensive Player of the Year quarterback Noah Johnson. The quarterback is also the SWAC Preseason First-Team All-SWAC choice of the head coaches and sports information directors.
- Rockey FelkerWhile growing up in Jackson, Tenn., Rockey Felker often spent his Saturdays listening to Mississippi State University football. It started a love for MSU that Felker carries to this day as he continues to work for the university.
- James ColemanThough James Coleman is stepping down as athletic director for Tougaloo College, he is merely just slowing down a little, he says. Coleman has spent the last 33 years as AD for Tougaloo in a career that spans 56 years ...
- Rodney BattsAfter five seasons at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Rodney Batts is returning to his alma mater as Delta State University's head baseball coach.
- Derrick PonderOne thing that would help the Jackson State University Tigers rise back to the top of the SWAC East division this season would be junior quarterback Derrick Ponder's play.
- Lindsey HunterThe Mississippi Valley State University Delta Devils hired former Jackson State University and NBA star Lindsey Hunter to restore the luster of its basketball programs.
- Marshall GilbertMarshall Gilbert turned a mostly forgettable night at the plate into a memorable one.
- Terence Davis: Improving NBA Draft StockFormer University of Mississippi guard Terence Davis is using the process in the run up to the NBA draft to show scouts around the league all the skills he could bring to their team.
- Ethan Small: Breakout PitcherIn the long and bright history of Mississippi State University baseball, it might be hard to find a player with a bigger breakout season than redshirt junior Ethan Small.
- Keith CarterThe University of Mississippi has picked former basketball standout Keith Carter to be its interim athletic director.
- Tommy StevensCollege athletes are using a rule the NCAA passed in 2006 that allows players who have graduated to transfer to a different college team. One player to take advantage is former Pennsylvania State University quarterback Tommy Stevens.
- Joe MoorheadMississippi State football coach Joe Moorhead has a little more job security now. The school announced Tuesday that he has signed a contract extension through the 2022 season that will pay an average base salary of $3.2 million.