- Christian JacqueminBefore coming to Jackson State University, senior kicker Christian Jacquemin went to Coral Reef High School in Miami, where he played soccer before his high-school coach encouraged him to try football in his junior year.
- Kylin HillA new coaching staff at Mississippi State University offered a fresh start for sophomore running back Kylin Hill.
- OPINION: Serena Williams, Achieving Unboxed WondersFor #BlackGirlMagic in the form of Serena and Naomi to dominate a sport meant for the white upper class is to rage against the mayo-flavored patriarchal machine.
- Scottie PhillipsUniversity of Mississippi running back Scottie Phillips proved his ranking against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, running his way into the school record book.
- Blazing a New Belhaven TrailWhen head coach Hal Mumme left to become offensive coordinator at Jackson State University, Belhaven University needed to find a new leader for its football program. The Blazers found one in Blaine McCorkle.
- Joe MoorheadOne of the biggest reasons Joe Moorhead was hired at Mississippi State was his reputation for building offenses that can score points in a hurry. It took exactly one play for that offense to get the fun started in Starkville.
- Keytaon ThompsonThe pressure of starting the season for Mississippi State University will fall to sophomore quarterback Keytaon Thompson.
- Shea PattersonMississippi transfer Shea Patterson will be under center when the 14th-ranked Wolverines open the season on the night of Sept. 1 at No. 12 Notre Dame. Patterson said Harbaugh has prepared his players well for the challenge.
- A.J. BrownUniversity of Mississippi wide receiver A.J. Brown is getting love from nearly everywhere this offseason. It should be expected after he put up one of the best single-season receiver performances in school history last year.
- College Football Preview 2018: The SmallsAlcorn State should have a reload season instead of a rebuild. The Braves have 11 Preseason All-SWAC players. Only Grambling State University had more selections.
- College Football Preview 2018Whether you are routing for the Mississippi State University Bulldogs to come out as top dog or for the Millsaps College Majors to score a major victory this season, this issue can help the football fans among us to plan ...
- Charles McClellandOn Aug. 13, 2018, the SWAC Council of Presidents announced that it had selected the conference's new leader, Charles McClelland. The Jackson, Miss., native and Callaway High School graduate is now the sixth commissioner in conference history.
- NFL Players Protest During Anthem, Drawing Rebuke from TrumpNFL players demonstrated during the national anthem at several preseason games Thursday night, protests that again drew a rebuke from President Donald Trump.
- Cam AkersOne of the biggest bright spots for the Seminoles season came from Clinton, Miss., in the form of Cam Akers. The highly recruited freshman running back came out of Clinton High School as the top-ranked player in Mississippi.
- Robert BrazileLinebacker Robert "Dr. Doom" Brazile's football career has earned him honors in quite a few halls of fame.