- NFL, NFLPA Freeze Anthem Rules Amid Backlash to Miami PolicyThe NFL's two-month old national anthem policy is on hold.
- P.J. SimmonsIf the Alcorn State University Braves want to win a fifth-straight division title, senior running back P.J. Simmons will have to live up to his lofty new title as this year's SWAC Preseason Offensive Player of the Year.
- With Flags, Song, Pride, French Celebrate Unifying VictoryFrance's 4-2 win over Croatia in the World Cup final in Moscow on Sunday marked the second time in 20 years that France has won the World Cup, and came at a time when the people feel needy.
- Ozzie AlbiesFour Atlanta Braves have been named to the 2018 All-Star Game, including former Mississippi Braves star Ozhaino "Ozzie" Albies, who made the National League team as a reserve second baseman.
- Billy KinardFormer University of Mississippi football coach and star athlete Billy Kinard died on June 30, 2018, at the age of 84 in his home at Fort Payne, Ala., after an extended illness.
- Tori BowieTori Bowie became an instant star at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. The Sandhill, Miss., native took home three medals in her first time on the United States team.
- Jordan WestburgJordan Westburg's success at the plate is not the only thing to grab him media attention this season. During a Tallahassee Regional game on June 3, he grabbed a banana in the dugout and began to use it as a ...
- Ashley RobinsonJackson State University is hoping that Ashley Robinson, the school's new vice president and athletic director, will repeat the success he earned while at Prairie View A&M University.
- EDITOR'S NOTE: Lessons in Stepping up from ‘Friday Night Lights’It may be the peak of the baseball season, but my clear eyes and full heart have been fully set on football, thanks to my latest TV nostalgic kick. For those that don't speak outdated pop-culture references, I've been re-watching ...
- Elijah MacNameeWith two outs, MSU outfielder Elijah MacNamee stepped to the plate and blasted a no-doubt walk-off home run to give his team a 3-2 win. The victory eliminated FSU from the regional and gave new life to the Bulldogs.
- Nick FortesThe Rebels dropped their opener against Auburn University on May 23, losing 3-9. Like most of his teammates in that first game, junior catcher Nick Fortes struggled at the plate with a zero-for-four performance.
- Ryan RolisonMississippi left-hander Ryan Rolison delivered in a rare bullpen appearance, and Tim Rowe and Michael Fitzsimmons made sure there was no more drama.
- Mike SliveMike Slive, former commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, died in Birmingham, Ala., on May 16 at the age of 77.
- Stand or Stay Out of Sight: NFL Takes on Anthem ProtestersNFL owners approved a new policy Thursday aimed at addressing the firestorm over national anthem protests, permitting players to stay in the locker room during the "The Star-Spangled Banner" but requiring them to stand if they come to the field.
- Zack ShannonHistorically, Delta State University has fielded one of the top baseball teams at the Division II level. Last season, the Statesmen reached the Division II NCAA College World Series behind the outstanding play of first baseman Zack Shannon.