- Ole Miss Enacts Self-Imposed Bowl Ban, May Face More PenaltiesJACKSON, Miss. (AP) — The University of Mississippi's football team will not play in the postseason next year. The Rebels might be facing more penalties, too, now that the NCAA says the program has committed more than 20 rules violations ...
- Kirk McCartyKirk McCarty didn't have to go far to continue playing baseball after a standout career at Oak Grove High School. The former Warrior stayed in Hattiesburg to attend the University of Southern Mississippi, and as his second season begins, he's ...
- Teaira McCowanMississippi State's Teaira McCowan is 6-foot-7 with broad shoulders, plenty of athleticism and a surprisingly soft touch around the basket. She also, at times, has displayed quite a temper.
- Dominique DillinghamA career game from Mississippi State senior Dominique Dillingham helped the No. 5 Bulldogs continue to stay atop the SEC.
- Brady Leads Biggest Comeback, Patriots Win 34-28 in OTThey looked old and outmanned. Their star quarterback was frazzled, their stingy defense was a sieve. So what? Tom Brady and the New England Patriots shrugged and did what they always seem to do: Win the Super Bowl.
- Streaming the Super Bowl: See The Game, Special Features and AdsNEW YORK (AP) — You can watch the Super Bowl online for free, but there are a few catches. For starters, you're out of luck on phones unless you're a Verizon customer. And if you're interested in the ads, you ...
- Will Experience Give New England An Edge In SuperBowl 51?HOUSTON (AP) — There's no hiding it. One edge the New England Patriots have over the Atlanta Falcons in Sunday's Super Bowl can't be denied: experience.
- Malcolm ButlerMalcolm Butler, a Vicksburg, Miss., native, immediately became a lasting part of Super Bowl lore, making the first interception of his career and preserving New England's 28-24 win.
- Paris CollinsParis Collins made six 3-pointers and scored 28 points in his return from a broken bone in his shooting hand and Jackson State beat Mississippi Valley State 83-68 on Saturday.
- Jon GilbertOn Tuesday, Jan. 24, USM President Rodney D. Bennett announced that Jon Gilbert will be taking the reins as director of athletics.
- Deandre BurnettDeandre Burnett added 14 points to help Ole Miss defeat Missouri, shooting 3-for-6 from 3-point ranges.
- Brittany DinkinsEverything has come together this year for University of Southern Mississippi senior guard Brittany Dinkins, who is having her best basketball season at USM in points, rebounds, assists and steals.
- Chris JonesOver in the AFC, one of Prescott's former teammates had a solid rookie season for the Kansas City Chiefs. Defensive tackle Chris Jones left MSU after his junior season, and the Chiefs drafted him with the 37th overall pick in ...
- Blair SchaeferThe latest victory for unbeaten Mississippi State was doubly satisfying for coach Vic Schaefer.
- Ole Miss Outlasts Auburn for First SEC WinAUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Rasheed Brooks hit a straightaway 3-pointer with 39 seconds left, and Deandre Burnett went 4 for 4 from the foul line in the final 30 seconds to help Ole Miss outlast Auburn 88-85 on Saturday.