- Quinndary WeatherspoonQuinndary Weatherspoon scored with eight seconds left to lift Mississippi State to a 61-59 victory over Dayton on Sunday.
- Ole Miss Gets Two-Year Bowl Ban, Other Penalties in NCAA CaseMississippi's football program has been handed a two-year postseason ban and other penalties by the NCAA.
- Joe MoorheadMississippi State University Athletic Director John Cohen wasted no time in finding a replacement after Dan Mullen left to become the University of Florida head coach. Cohen tapped Pennsylvania State University offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead to be the next Bulldogs' ...
- Dan MullenDan Mullen spent the last 13 years in the Southeastern Conference. He cultivated offenses. He developed quarterbacks. He celebrated two national championships. He turned former league laughing stock Mississippi State into a title contender.
- Roshunda JohnsonThanks to a career-high 29 points from Roshunda Johnson, the Bulldogs rolled to a 3-0 start with the blowout win in front of 5,321 fans at Humphrey Coliseum.
- Ito SmithIto Smith ran for 150 yards and scored two touchdowns to propel Southern Mississippi to a 43-34 victory over Rice on Saturday.
- Ty JobeLuckily for the Choctaws, Mississippi College quarterback Ty Jobe was a double-threat to the Shorter defense last Saturday, with his passing and running game helping MC scrape out a 30-29 victory.
- Jordan Ta'amuWith seconds ticking off and just inches to work with in the left corner of the end zone, Mississippi quarterback Jordan Ta'amu put the football just where D.K. Metcalf had to be.
- Most Texans Kneel During Anthem After Owner's CommentsAll but 10 members of the Houston Texans took a knee during the national anthem Sunday, as the vast majority of the team protested the owner's "inmates running the prison" comment.
- Lafayette StriblingLegendary basketball coach Lafayette Stribling decided on Oct. 31, 2012, that 55 years of coaching basketball was enough and retired.
- About Two Dozen NFL Players Protested During Anthems SundayDays after the NFL declined to change its rule on the national anthem, about two dozen players protested around the league Sunday.
- Mississippi, Nutt Say They've Reached Lawsuit SettlementThe University of Mississippi and former football coach Houston Nutt say they have reached an agreement to resolve Nutt's lawsuit against the school.
- Nick FitzgeraldAfter a bye week and two straight blowout losses on the road to ranked opponents, Mississippi State retook control of the narrative of its season with 35-10 victory over BYU on Saturday.
- After Brutal Two-Game Stretch, Ole Miss Looking for AnswersOle Miss, which outscored Auburn 20-9 after halftime, is eager to pounce on even the slightest hint of momentum after three straight losses.
- Hunter McEachernFans may not remember Belhaven University quarterback Hunter McEachern's performance against East Texas Baptist University forever, but it was a great effort in a losing cause. McEachern did his best to keep the Blazers in the game against the Tigers ...