- Korey RobertsonGreenwood, Miss., native Korey Robertson is the lone player selected from the University of Southern Mississippi in the draft and free agency.
- Taylor HughesDon't expect the Braves to give up their crown easily, since Alcorn State boasts the 2018 SWAC Preseason Player of the Year, first-baseman Taylor Hughes.
- Quinndary WeatherspoonQuinndary Weatherspoon scored a team-high 20 points as Mississippi State defeated Missouri 74-62 on Saturday night.
- Shonte HailesThe University of Southern Mississippi women's basketball team is hoping to make its second consecutive appearance in the postseason, and sophomore guard Shonte Hailes is helping lead the way.
- Fletcher CoxIn the divisional round, the Eagles found ways to control the Atlanta Falcons' offense. One of the biggest reasons for Philadelphia holding the Falcons to just 10 points was defensive tackle Fletcher Cox's play.
- Victoria ViviansMississippi State's Victoria Vivians and Teaira McCowan scored a bunch of points and grabbed a bunch of rebounds, just like they do almost every game.
- Maurice RiversThe JSU Tigers have righted the ship since entering 2018 and are currently on a four-game winning streak. One bright spot throughout the season has been forward Maurice Rivers.
- Teaira McCowanTeaira McCowan was out of position and out of sorts in the first half of No. 5 Mississippi State game with LSU Sunday, but the 6-foot-7 junior center reasserted herself in the second to finish with 31 points and 20 ...
- Breeland SpeaksAnother player is leaving the University of Mississippi football team. This time, however, it is not a player transferring to another school due to the recent NCAA sanctions against the program.
- Andy KennedyStyle points were not the top consideration for the Mississippi Rebels and head coach Andy Kennedy Sunday night. The top consideration was opening the Southeastern Conference schedule as the Rebels defeated South Carolina 74-69.
- Alvin KamaraRookie running back Alvin Kamara has combined with fellow running back Mark Ingram to give the Saints one of the best backfields in the NFL.
- Women's Basketball Preview 2017Most of the talk in Mississippi about women's college basketball for the 2017-2018 season will focus on Mississippi State University after the Bulldogs broke the University of Connecticut's 111-game winning streak during the Final Four.
- College Basketball Preview 2017: The SmallsLast season, Alcorn State challenged Texas Southern University for the top spot in the SWAC. The Braves battled TSU close but could not figure out a way to beat a team that has been on top of the conference the ...
- College Basketball Preview 2017: The BigsNow that the 2017-2018 college-basketball season is well underway, it is understandable if you are one of the many Mississippi sports fans who has already forgotten about last season.
- Ke'Asia GrayDuring a preseason workout earlier this year, Belhaven University senior guard Ke'Asia Gray landed awkwardly while going up for a layup. When the former Magee High School star landed, she twisted her ankle and delayed the start of her final ...