- Malcolm ButlerMalcolm Butler, a Vicksburg, Miss., native, immediately became a lasting part of Super Bowl lore, making the first interception of his career and preserving New England's 28-24 win.
- Paris CollinsParis Collins made six 3-pointers and scored 28 points in his return from a broken bone in his shooting hand and Jackson State beat Mississippi Valley State 83-68 on Saturday.
- Jon GilbertOn Tuesday, Jan. 24, USM President Rodney D. Bennett announced that Jon Gilbert will be taking the reins as director of athletics.
- Deandre BurnettDeandre Burnett added 14 points to help Ole Miss defeat Missouri, shooting 3-for-6 from 3-point ranges.
- Brittany DinkinsEverything has come together this year for University of Southern Mississippi senior guard Brittany Dinkins, who is having her best basketball season at USM in points, rebounds, assists and steals.
- Chris JonesOver in the AFC, one of Prescott's former teammates had a solid rookie season for the Kansas City Chiefs. Defensive tackle Chris Jones left MSU after his junior season, and the Chiefs drafted him with the 37th overall pick in ...
- Blair SchaeferThe latest victory for unbeaten Mississippi State was doubly satisfying for coach Vic Schaefer.
- Ole Miss Outlasts Auburn for First SEC WinAUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Rasheed Brooks hit a straightaway 3-pointer with 39 seconds left, and Deandre Burnett went 4 for 4 from the foul line in the final 30 seconds to help Ole Miss outlast Auburn 88-85 on Saturday.
- Three Rookies, Ryan, Highlight Revamped AP All-Pro TeamThe Associated Press 2016 NFL All-Pro Team is showing off the new wave of pro football stars.
- Darius SlayIf the Lions are going to have any chance of pulling off the upset, the team will need all its stars on the field. On defense, that means cornerback Darius Slay must play like the star he has become in ...
- Vic SchaeferThe No. 5 Mississippi State University Bulldogs routed the Louisiana State University Tigers 74-48 in the Southeastern Conference opener for both teams.
- Reginal JohnsonAlcorn State University's basketball team is set to enter SWAC play after posting a 3-8 record thus far in out-of-conference play. If the Braves are going to compete for the regular-season title, they will have to lean on their budding ...
- Sebastian SaizThere was no celebrating Thursday night for the Mississippi Rebels, despite an impressive 92-58 win over South Alabama, highlighted by Sebastian Saiz's 23-point, 16-rebound performance.
- Aeris WilliamsAeris Williams' career high for rushing yards in a game entering this season was 46 yards, and he rushed for just 206 yards with three touchdowns as a redshirted freshman.
- Allenzae StaggersAllenzae Staggers set New Orleans Bowl records with 11 catches for 230 yards and also scored a touchdown to help Southern Miss beat Louisiana-Lafayette 28-21 on Saturday night.