- Alexia HarmonMississippi College infielder Alexia Harmon put on a superb performance at the plate against Union University over the course of their recent series March 30 and March 31.
- Dante ScottAthletes from teams that don't win much do not normally receive honors, but MVSU forward Dante Scott earned the votes of head coaches and sports information directors with his play on the court.
- Steve StrickerSteve Stricker pulled away on the back nine Sunday at Fallen Oak to win the Rapiscan Systems Classic for his second straight PGA Tour Champions victory.
- Tom BensonNew Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson died of the flu on Thursday, March 15, at the age of 90.
- Kermit DavisKermit Davis turned Middle Tennessee into one of the best mid-major programs in the country during his 16 seasons at the school. Mississippi believes he can have the same kind of success in the Southeastern Conference.
- Drew BreesNew Orleans entered this offseason, much like many in the past years, with one major question: "What will happen with quarterback Drew Brees?" Fans got their answer on March 13 when the quarterback signed a new two-year deal to stay ...
- Nick WeatherspoonMississippi State guard Nick Weatherspoon was injured and taken off the court on a stretcher after being stepped on with 14:54 remaining in the Bulldogs' 62-59 loss against No. 13 Tennessee in the Southeastern Conference Tournament quarterfinals on Friday night.
- Matt InsellMississippi's Matt Insell is out as women's basketball coach after five seasons with the program.
- Blair SchaeferSenior guard Blair Schaefer, daughter of MSU head coach Vic Schaefer, is one of the three finalists for the award, which is the top women's basketball player in our state receives each year.
- Eagles Player Credits Mississippi Roots for Football CareerSuper Bowl champion Fletcher Cox says he credits his Mississippi upbringing and schooling for his successful football career.
- Luke ReynoldsThe start of the 2018 college baseball season was a long wait for Luke Reynolds. The current University of Southern Mississippi third-baseman hadn't played in a college game in two years.
- Andy KennedyAndy Kennedy couldn't have picked a worse time to have what looks to be his first losing season as the University of Mississippi men's basketball coach. Before this season, his 12th with the Rebels, he has never posted a losing ...
- Cortez EdwardsCortez Edwards scored 12 points, grabbed 10 rebounds, distributed six assists and had five steals and Southern Mississippi cruised to 72-54 win over Charlotte on Saturday night.
- Korey RobertsonGreenwood, Miss., native Korey Robertson is the lone player selected from the University of Southern Mississippi in the draft and free agency.
- Taylor HughesDon't expect the Braves to give up their crown easily, since Alcorn State boasts the 2018 SWAC Preseason Player of the Year, first-baseman Taylor Hughes.