- Lafayette StriblingLegendary basketball coach Lafayette Stribling decided on Oct. 31, 2012, that 55 years of coaching basketball was enough and retired.
- About Two Dozen NFL Players Protested During Anthems SundayDays after the NFL declined to change its rule on the national anthem, about two dozen players protested around the league Sunday.
- Mississippi, Nutt Say They've Reached Lawsuit SettlementThe University of Mississippi and former football coach Houston Nutt say they have reached an agreement to resolve Nutt's lawsuit against the school.
- Nick FitzgeraldAfter a bye week and two straight blowout losses on the road to ranked opponents, Mississippi State retook control of the narrative of its season with 35-10 victory over BYU on Saturday.
- After Brutal Two-Game Stretch, Ole Miss Looking for AnswersOle Miss, which outscored Auburn 20-9 after halftime, is eager to pounce on even the slightest hint of momentum after three straight losses.
- Hunter McEachernFans may not remember Belhaven University quarterback Hunter McEachern's performance against East Texas Baptist University forever, but it was a great effort in a losing cause. McEachern did his best to keep the Blazers in the game against the Tigers ...
- Kneeling for America: My Dad Fought, Lost Much for Athletes’ Right to Protest RacismI believe that today my Daddy would stand, or kneel in spirit, with the NFL players who are pushing back on Trump’s treatment of them as chattel entertainment, calling for them to be kicked out to pasture if they dare ...
- NFL Responds to Trump Tweet With Criticism, ProtestThe owners of the Baltimore Ravens, the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and other teams on Sunday joined a chorus of NFL executives criticizing President Donald Trump's suggestion that they fire players who kneel for the national anthem.
- Ito SmithRushing yards have not been easy to find for University of Southern Mississippi senior running back Ito Smith. The Mobile, Ala., native entered the third game of the season still looking to break the 100-yard mark in 2017.
- Dan MullenMississippi State coach Dan Mullen—now in his ninth season—is used to the gauntlet the SEC provides on a yearly basis.
- Mississippi State Routs LSU 37-7STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Nick Fitzgerald threw two touchdown passes and ran for two more scores to help Mississippi State rout No. 12 LSU 37-7 on Saturday night.
- Solomon MuhammadSolomon Muhammad, a linebacker at Alcorn State University, is already having a breakout year as a redshirt sophomore. He has nearly been a one-man wrecking crew on the Braves' defense during their two games thus far.
- University of Mississippi's NCAA Infractions Hearing Begins MondayUniversity of Mississippi's football program will begin its appearance in front of the NCAA's infractions committee panel, nearly five years after the governing body first launched its investigation.
- Mississippi State Gets Ready for Road Game vs Louisiana TechMississippi State (1-0) goes on the road to face Louisiana Tech (1-0) on Saturday in a game that should provide a much bigger challenge than its opener, an easy 49-0 victory over FCS opponent Charleston Southern .
- All NFL Games Will Air Online, but Watching Won't be EasyEvery NFL football game will be shown live online this season—but that doesn't mean you'll be able to watch them.