- A.J. BrownUniversity of Mississippi wide receiver A.J. Brown is getting love from nearly everywhere this offseason. It should be expected after he put up one of the best single-season receiver performances in school history last year.
- College Football Preview 2018: The SmallsAlcorn State should have a reload season instead of a rebuild. The Braves have 11 Preseason All-SWAC players. Only Grambling State University had more selections.
- College Football Preview 2018Whether you are routing for the Mississippi State University Bulldogs to come out as top dog or for the Millsaps College Majors to score a major victory this season, this issue can help the football fans among us to plan ...
- Charles McClellandOn Aug. 13, 2018, the SWAC Council of Presidents announced that it had selected the conference's new leader, Charles McClelland. The Jackson, Miss., native and Callaway High School graduate is now the sixth commissioner in conference history.
- NFL Players Protest During Anthem, Drawing Rebuke from TrumpNFL players demonstrated during the national anthem at several preseason games Thursday night, protests that again drew a rebuke from President Donald Trump.
- Cam AkersOne of the biggest bright spots for the Seminoles season came from Clinton, Miss., in the form of Cam Akers. The highly recruited freshman running back came out of Clinton High School as the top-ranked player in Mississippi.
- Robert BrazileLinebacker Robert "Dr. Doom" Brazile's football career has earned him honors in quite a few halls of fame.
- Caesars Launching Sports Betting in New Jersey, MississippiTwo Atlantic City casinos owned by Caesars Entertainment will start taking sports bets this week, and another two in Mississippi will do so in mid-August.
- Billy BrewerFormer University of Mississippi head football coach Homer Ervin "Billy" Brewer lived long enough to find out he would be inducted into the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame this year. Unfortunately, he died May 12, only two months before the ...
- NFL, NFLPA Freeze Anthem Rules Amid Backlash to Miami PolicyThe NFL's two-month old national anthem policy is on hold.
- P.J. SimmonsIf the Alcorn State University Braves want to win a fifth-straight division title, senior running back P.J. Simmons will have to live up to his lofty new title as this year's SWAC Preseason Offensive Player of the Year.
- With Flags, Song, Pride, French Celebrate Unifying VictoryFrance's 4-2 win over Croatia in the World Cup final in Moscow on Sunday marked the second time in 20 years that France has won the World Cup, and came at a time when the people feel needy.
- Ozzie AlbiesFour Atlanta Braves have been named to the 2018 All-Star Game, including former Mississippi Braves star Ozhaino "Ozzie" Albies, who made the National League team as a reserve second baseman.
- Billy KinardFormer University of Mississippi football coach and star athlete Billy Kinard died on June 30, 2018, at the age of 84 in his home at Fort Payne, Ala., after an extended illness.
- Tori BowieTori Bowie became an instant star at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. The Sandhill, Miss., native took home three medals in her first time on the United States team.