From the Wire
- Mueller to Detail Ex-NSA Flynn's Cooperation in Russia ProbeSpecial counsel Robert Mueller is set to give the first public insight into how much information President Donald Trump's former national security adviser has shared with prosecutors in the Russia investigation.
- Buddy GuyBaton Rouge, La., will honor blues legend and Louisiana native Buddy Guy during a ceremony on Saturday, Dec. 8.
- Jim Hood: Retirees Could Serve at Capitol Without Pension HitMississippi Attorney General Jim Hood's office says retired state employees may serve in the Legislature while continuing to receive their government pension, if certain conditions are met.
- Washington to Pay Respects, Bid Farewell to George H.W. BushGeorge H.W. Bush, who was president from 1989 to 1993, will lie in state beneath the soaring U.S. Capitol rotunda for a ceremony and public visitation from Monday through Wednesday.
- Vehicle Found After 2 Kids Shot Near Mississippi HospitalAuthorities say they have recovered a vehicle and identified two persons of interest after the shooting of two young children near the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Police: Two Children Shot in Car Near Mississippi HospitalTwo young children were shot Thursday in a car being driven by their mother near the University of Mississippi Medical Center, prompting the mother to pull them from the car and run them to the emergency room.
- Divisive Race Ends with Win for Republican Sen. Hyde-SmithRepublican U.S. Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith returns to Washington as a solidly loyal supporter of President Donald Trump after he stumped for her in a divisive Mississippi runoff shaped by her video-recorded remark about "public hanging."
- Vernita LeeOprah Winfrey's mother, Vernita Lee, has died at the age of 83.
- Seven Nooses Found by Mississippi Capitol Before Senate RunoffA Mississippi official says two nooses and six signs were found on the grounds of the Mississippi state Capitol.
- Wesley McGriffMississippi has announced that defensive coordinator Wesley McGriff will not return to the coaching staff next year, one day after the Rebels finished the season on five-game losing streak.
- Mississippi Senator Banking on Boost from Trump RalliesPresident Donald Trump is stumping in Mississippi on Monday for a Republican Senate appointee who wants voters to focus on her unwavering support for him, and not the racial questions that have made Tuesday's runoff election a much closer contest ...
- Team of the Day: Mississippi State BulldogsNick Fitzgerald's previous Egg Bowl included a career-altering injury and a crushing loss on his home field. One year later, Mississippi State's senior quarterback earned redemption.
- Espy Seeks Women's Support; Trump to Rally for Hyde-SmithFor Mike Espy, a high-profile woman helped Espy make the argument Saturday that the Democratic man would be a better choice in Mississippi's U.S. Senate runoff for the state's women.
- Kermit DavisThere were no fireworks, no drama and that was exactly what Kermit Davis wanted in his Mississippi head coaching debut Saturday as the Rebels defeated Western Michigan 90-64.
- CNN Sues Trump, Demanding Return of Acosta to White HouseCNN sued the Trump administration Tuesday, demanding that correspondent Jim Acosta's credentials to cover the White House be returned because their revocation violates the constitutional right of freedom of the press.