From the Wire
- Mississippi's 3rd District Stays GOP, Incumbents WinMississippians in the 3rd District elected a Republican district attorney as the state's newest member of Congress on Tuesday, choosing Michael Guest of Brandon over Democratic state Rep. Michael Ted Evans of Preston.
- Jeff Sessions Resigns as Attorney General at Trump's RequestAttorney General Jeff Sessions has resigned as the country's chief law enforcement officer at President Donald Trump's request.
- Abrams, Kemp Await More Ballots in Georgia Governor's RaceGeorgia's hotly contested and potentially historic governor's race may not be over yet, with Democrat Stacey Abrams and Republican Brian Kemp awaiting the final accounting of absentee and provisional ballots.
- As Much of America Voted, Some Chose Not to or Couldn'tAccording to AP VoteCast, a national survey of the electorate, nonvoters said the biggest reasons for them not voting were they didn't like politics generally and they don't know enough about the candidates' positions.
- Trump Celebrates GOP Gains, Threatens House DemocratsPresident Donald Trump on Wednesday celebrated Senate Republican gains in the midterm election but immediately threatened Democrats, who won back control of the House and with it the power to investigate the president's personal and professional conduct.
- Democrats Seize House Control, but Trump's GOP Holds SenateDemocrats seized the House majority from President Donald Trump's Republican Party on Tuesday in a suburban revolt that threatened what's left of the president's governing agenda. But the GOP gained ground in the Senate and preserved key governorships, beating back ...
- Mississippi's 3rd District to Choose New US House MemberMississippians in the state's 3rd District will elect a new member of Congress as they choose between a Republican district attorney and a Democratic state House member.
- Georgia Governor's Race Awash in Election Security IssueAn already tight governor's race in Georgia devolved into new chaos Monday after the Republican candidate, who is also the state's chief election official, alleged with little evidence that Democrats sought to hack a voter database that will be used ...
- Video of Cop Killer Tweeted by Trump Denounced as RacistLuis Bracamontes, an immigrant in the country illegally who was convicted this year of murdering two law enforcement officials, is now the centerpiece of a video President Donald Trump tweeted out that some Democrats and Republicans alike immediately denounced as ...
- Doctor to Forfeit Accounts, Land in Prison Bribery SchemeA physician who bribed the former head of Mississippi's prison system is being ordered to forfeit bank accounts, brokerage accounts and land to pay a nearly $1.3 million court judgment for his ill-gotten gains.
- Jackson State University Fires Tony Hughes After Less Than 3 SeasonsJackson State University has fired football coach Tony Hughes after less than three seasons.
- Synagogue Survivors Recall Ordeal; Suspect is Due in CourtRobert Gregory Bowers killed eight men and three women at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh before a tactical police team tracked him down and shot him, according to state and federal affidavits made public on Sunday.
- Man in Florida Arrested in Mail-Bomb InvestigationFederal authorities took a man into custody Friday in Florida in connection with the mail-bomb scare that earlier widened to 12 suspicious packages, the FBI and Justice Department said.
- Ryan ArmourRyan Armour's attempt at winning back-to-back Sanderson Farms Championships will involve fighting fatigue as much as what the golf course throws his way.
- Trump Blames Media for 'Anger We See Today in Our Society'President Donald Trump blamed the media Thursday for a "very big part of the Anger we see today in our society," as law enforcement scrambled to find those responsible for sending pipe bombs and other suspicious packages to a list ...