Latest Stories on JFP.MS
- DIY: Cloth Face MaskThis do-it-yourself will show you how to make your own cloth face mask.
- DIY: Three-Ingredient Disposable Face MaskThis do-it-yourself will show you how to make a disposable (single use) face mask out of a few items that you likely already have around the house.
- Lumumba: More COVID-19 Tests, Hazard Pay, Hotels for Infected ResidentsThe City of Jackson is purchasing 6,000 additional COVID-19 tests for use on first responders and local jail inmates, providing hazard pay to first responders and partnering with a local hotel to offer shelter to people who are infected.
- Black Mississippians Suffered 72% of COVID-19 Deaths; Many Tests Don’t Track RaceMore than half of all Mississippians currently diagnosed with COVID-19 and nearly three-fourths of the virus’ current casualties are African American, the Mississippi State Department of Health revealed today.
- City of Jackson and Visit Jackson Call For Citywide First Responder Appreciation DayOn Friday, April 10, 2020, Jackson residents and business owners are called to post a sign in their window thanking our Jackson Police officers, firefighters, EMTs, and healthcare workers who have been serving on the frontlines during this COVID-19 public ...
- UMMC Builds Ventilators for COVID-19 Pandemic ResponseDr. Charles Robertson, an assistant professor of anesthesiology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, has built about 170 ventilators of his own design to use in the event of a shortage, doubling the Medical Center’s supply.
- MSDH Reports 177 New COVID-19 Cases, 8 Deaths, Pediatric InfoMississippi saw 177 new official cases of COVID-19 as of yesterday evening, a number close to the peak infections for a single day.
- OPINION: Governor, Rescind ‘Confederate Heritage’ Proclamation, Focus on Racial HealingAs many Mississippians are faced with the coronavirus in every county but two as of today, the Mississippi Sons of Confederate Veterans released a proclamation signed by Gov. Tates naming April as "Confederate Heritage Month”
- Hand Sanitizer Distribution Locations Wednesday, April 8, at 10 a.m.Please see the locations listed in this article for the next Hand Sanitizer Distribution event scheduled for Wednesday, April 8, at 10 a.m. while supplies last. There will be drive through concept for each location.
- COVID-19 Affects Black Mississippians Disproportionately; MDOC Workers Test PositiveTwo employees of the Mississippi Department of Corrections have tested positive for COVID-19, and a prisoner is awaiting the results of a test for the novel coronavirus, Gov. Tate Reeves said at a press event April 6.
Latest Wire Stories
Read the Current Issue